Im boggled about the Nike Toe Box. Questions? Opinions?

Im just boggled about the toe box on most Nike Retros. Is there a reason they cant get it right on most retros, as well as Jordan Brand. I was looking atthis shoe, which I think is an ok looking shoe, and wondered if they can get it right on this shoe, and the Yeezy (which I hate) then why cant they get itright on the air force 1, Jordan II, IV, and V, Air Trainer SC, Zoom Flight 95 and a lot of others. Is is because of the pleather they use, is it the mold. Idont know. It does seem that when they use premium leather, they get the toe box right, which is slanted inwards. Link for reference

http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/system/search/product.asp?id=11682

sometimes I think Nike thinks they are improving the shoe and the tech in the shoe and that's why the shape changes. the equipment used to make the shoeshas probably evolved as well, so different techniques in production probably have caused the shape to change. you have to figure that most of us here whocomplain about shape issues are purists in a sense, and the majority of people buying the shoes they make are not. our concerns about shape probably don'tregister on Nike's radar since they probably don't directly correlate to sales in their eyes.

that said, I completely agree that it's baffling how they can knock some retros out the park and others just fall flat on their face. in reading the infoabout the upcoming AM87 iD's, they address the issue of shape in the write up. they said one of their factories that was producing iD's closed and sothe delay in offering the 87s again was due to that, and that the recent complaints about shape may be addressed in the production of the new am87 iD's ata new (or different) factory. so, maybe it has a lot to do with where the kicks are produced, what patterns and molds can be used on the specific equipmentthose factories have, etc. I don't know for sure, just speculation. thoughts?

Yeah, I just love how alot of OG's and early 2000 retros had the toe box slanted. It looks awesome.

air max are the same way. the older they are, the more of a slanted profile the front of the shoe has. recent retros have a box shape at the toe. toe boxeshave been getting "taller" and less sleek looking which not only changes the look of the shoe, it makes those of us with slightly larger feet looklike our shoes are even bigger than they should look when on the feet. with the more "slanted" forefoot, the shoe is more contoured to the actualshape of the foot and looks more natural.

Thats what sucks about the new shape of the Air Max 1. Hopefully they get it right.

Back
Top Bottom