Jordan wall clock, question about oxidation/shelving.

Hi all,

So I am planning to do a Jordan wall clock (1-12) and am almost done with collecting all the sneakers. ALthough i am a bit worried about oxidation. Originally I wanted to just have it sit on a normal floating wall shelf but then I started to get worried about oxidation since one shoe will be sitting out on the shelf in the open air, while the other shoe just sits in the box. So i was looking into possibly putting it into a floating clear shoe case, which are very hard to find for a good price. Originally i wanted it to look like the picture below. Would you be worried about increased oxidation in this case? Or am i better off just looking for the clear floating shoe cases (i dont have a pic example of this).

1688144736960.png

That is a pretty cool idea! They will most likely oxidize the longer they sit out. I used to work in a sneaker store and there was a pair of size 16 white/unc 6 lows from ‘02 that sat out for 3 years and one side was yellow as hell while the other side was DS.

This is also my dilemma with my shoes..I want to put them in a display but don’t want them to oxidize. So far I’ve had pretty good luck leaving them in a zip lock bag in their box. Good luck with your project.

Oxidation will occur whether they are in the box or not. The box or bag isn’t slowing down anything. Maintain a cool room temperature and keep them out of the sunlight.

Do the clock baby.

Back
Top Bottom