I'm bringin these back this summer. I don't care what ya'll say

Originally Posted by ricky409

Anything is better than no show socks...

If you're rocking no shows, YNS...

wrong 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by kickzrforme

Maaaaan, I always wore my slouch socks with my grey nautica fleece sweat pants tucked underneath them with my blue penny foams back in '96. 

eek.gif

BRUH!!

I was just on ebay an hour ago seein' if I could find those Nautica sweats - I had them +*!*# back in 9th grade...

...the lil boat on the back pocket, the sweats tucked into the socks, and a pair of these:

3767038799_d5551ec686.jpg

COULDN'T TELL ME NUTHIN'
laugh.gif

YOOOOOO!! The 996's though!!! I remember ppl were getting jumped in DC for those joints. I remeber wanting the navy blue ones for like 6 months straight but whenever they re stocked, they sold out instantly! Man good times

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

U in the DMV, right? If so, you should know those socks NEVER went out of style in the (u)rea. LOL

took too long.

pimp.gif
Ahhhhhh yes... the 996's.

To say those were a staple here would be one of the greatest understatements of ALL time.

I had to be different back then and purchase the white joints when they first came out (They were pretty slick if you ask me. They even had a touch of "snakeskin" on them if i'm not mistaken).

Had kids like "*scratches head* Son... *squints eyes to examine shoes* are those 996's?"

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

These are still hot in the South, you're late
laugh.gif
The South are late on everything homie....they probably JUST got hot down there. 
The South is like the Mom that finds old fashions on sale and buys them after they aren't hot anymore.  "I got you some Tommy Hilfiger"...."Mom its 2012 
tired.gif
"

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

U in the DMV, right? If so, you should know those socks NEVER went out of style in the (u)rea. LOL

Yes they did man. 
laugh.gif
Go to any area of the DMV, and you're bound to see a grip of dudes STILL rocking:

1.  Solbiato
2.  Shooters
3.  996s
4.  Foams
5.  Those socks

%%+!...I'd GUARANTEE that if you go to any barbershop in DC, there's at least one dude cutting hair that is wearing 3 of the 5 things I posted
laugh.gif

Shooters though Double?

I haven't seen that %%@@ in ages.

Frankly I haven't seen 996's in a minute either.

laugh.gif
I don't even know the digits on these New Bals that kids are on now.

laugh.gif
OG with the classic Kobe commercial.

I never really paid attention to the socks he had on.

Originally Posted by mdwst9

am i the only one whose mother rolled down my socks?
Maybe it was a midwest thing. Those kind of socks were never poppin' here(STL) @ least from what I remember as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom