I'm coming home!!! Vol. Motherland

Yo NT Philippines! I'm coming home for couple of weeks jan 11...was wondering since my time is limited what is the must do out there? Like give me somepointers and the do's and donts. I was going home by myself but my family thinks Id prolly get rob right of the bat so is it really that dangerous? I'mstaying at makati city and have some relatives in guadalupe...more than likely I'll be staying in a hotel...marriott to be exact since I get a discount.I'm excited but I want this to be fun and safe so if any one can give me some advice it will be much appreciated

Do:
- Take advantage of the Jollibees there... The ones in the states cannot compare...
- Drink Red Horse. Again, the ones in the states cannot compare...
- Hit on... I dont think I should put the names out there, here?
laugh.gif
Butthey'll be at a certain place every Wednesday and Friday...
- Take Absinthe x Bacardi 151 shots. They dont sell Absinthe in the states, from wat I kno, or at least around here... So def. try it out there, if you can...
- Eat at some local cantines... Most of the time, the food tastes better there than the chain restos... Just look out for maggots in your rice...

Dont:
- Go to the bathroom on the 2nd floor of GB3 at night... Some old guy was walking out as I was walking in. Then I heard someone scurry into the bathroom. Thento my left, I see the same guy, standing right next to me in the stall, staring down my urinal...
sick.gif
Shoulda slammed his face into the wall, but WHAT THE HELL...
- Buy what you can buy in the states, in the Philippines... UNLESS the currency exchange rate, benefits in your favor. 2 years ago I bought a pair of Diorsfrom Homme Et Femme at Shangri-La, and they ended up being cheaper than here in the states, because of the exchange rate. It should be good right now, haventchecked on it.
- Count your money in a cab. Dollars. Even pesos, because cabs will get cheap and pretend they wont have change, since they seen big bills in your wallet.Happened a few times with me... But I always had mad coins.

If you plan on checking out stores...
Theres...
- Greyone: Rockwell and Greenbelt 5. Makati.
- Bunker: The Fort 32nd street.
- Homme Et Femme: Shangri-La Mall.
- Theodores: The Fort.
- DOTDOTDOT: Greenbelt 5.
- If you want, REPUBL1C: Pasong Tamo? Totally forgot where it was, went there once and didnt see much.
- Crate: Reposo Street, Makati. Its in this weird AzN building. A lot of furniture stores and such. Totally weird spot. Its right next to the PLDT Call centerBuilding.
Theres stuff Im missing, buts its wat I can come up with at the top of my head...

If youre looking to go out... Theres...

Embassy: (Same promotion group) Monday at Cuisine, Wednesday at Main, Friday at Fly, Saturday at Temple (Greenbelt 2)
Fiama: Fridays. Ups to Jason.
Guilys: Thursdays. Timog Street. (QC?) Ups to DJ ACE.
Attica Bar: Tuesdays Play Tuesdays. Up to Gino, Jhoon and the crew.
Flux: Thursdays. The place right next to Bunker.
Bureau: I think Jason from Fiamas, promotes there...? I think Thursday? Forgot wat my friend sed...
Theres a ton, but it depends on wat you dig.

But even if you do just go to the handful of places I listed, you got your stay pretty much filled up.

ill be goin back to the motherland on 12/22....what to do what to do......all we really have planned is to go to boracay...but i dunno what else todo..we'll be stayin in Makati

Yo Philippines!

Headed home on the 24th of this month, after 14 years! Staying in Manila. Whats there for me to visit? (malls, shoes spots, etc.) Also, where are all theparties/clubs at? How about some good basketball courts (parks, but prefer indoor) to hop at during the day? Keep me posted, salamat!!

stuntastic pretty much summed it up..

as for the beaches theres alot of nice spots to check out....although boracay is one of the best..

man honestly im excited...im bringing home close to 2gs...im using my visa though...do i need to call my bank that ill be out of the country?

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

man honestly im excited...im bringing home close to 2gs...im using my visa though...do i need to call my bank that ill be out of the country?

Yup.
You dont wanna be stuck somewhere, and all of a sudden your card doesnt work.
Its happened to me soo many times this year, so I jus started to take things out of the ATM, dealing with the fees. And ridiculous fees for having a receiptprinted out %@%...
Tell them while youre here, its a hassel to deal with them, over the phone, if youre in the PI.
White Beach is fun, in Puerto Galera. COCO Aroma. Look for my Tita Cora or Ira.
Theres already a thread about that a few pages back.
Boracay has changed a lot, since Ive first been there, wen I was a kid. From no one on the beach with topless ladies to party central place. Im not even old.
laugh.gif

stuntastic knows.

just like to add:

hit up a local mcdonnald's and order the spaghetti and chicken.just something to tell your buddies when you go back.
try and go to robinsons ermita aka the hub for sweet college chicks.enjoy.oh wait,i forgot it's xmas break..oh well
you must have some authentic pinoy xmas food.bibinka and puto bungbong.
buy yourself 10-20 pesos worth of pandesal in the morning.make yourself some coffee get a copy of the days newspaper then put one foot up on the chairyou're sitting on.then promptly dunk the pandesal in the coffee,consume and read.pinoy stunting right there.just like your tatay used to do.

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

stuntastic knows.

just like to add:

buy yourself 10-20 pesos worth of pandesal in the morning.make yourself some coffee get a copy of the days newspaper then put one foot up on the chair you're sitting on.then promptly dunk the pandesal in the coffee,consume and read.pinoy stunting right there.just like your tatay used to do.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Go to Boracay.... December starts the peak season for Bora so lots of parties...Make sure you spend your Friday and/or Sat night there...

Originally Posted by s0ul glo

humid? or just HOT?...haha
wassup o-dawg!
laugh.gif

have fun in the PI, remember to brush up on your tagalog..and get me a manny pacquiao shirt sz xl if u find one at nikepark..ill pay u back when u get home
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Oh and don't forget to give some "barya" to those children who are going to your house and singing some Christmas Carols
happy.gif

On a side note. I was wondering where you go to exchange your currency from dollars to pesos? I'm always looking to get every extra peso I can. I figure atthe airport would be a last resort. Should I just exchange my dollars here? Any suggestions please!

Originally Posted by sfknights1310

On a side note. I was wondering where you go to exchange your currency from dollars to pesos? I'm always looking to get every extra peso I can. I figure at the airport would be a last resort. Should I just exchange my dollars here? Any suggestions please!
You can got the malls if you want to exchange your dollar, one good money changer is Sanry's in Glorietta. I think they have the highestexchange rate.

ill in the in the PI from 12/22 - 1/2... how much do i really have to bring to really enjoy myself when im there?, in other words, how much is enough?

Don't forget to visit the 3rd largest mall in the world...SM North EDSA...at least to tell your friends when you got back to the States
happy.gif

There were tips/ideas for shopping and bars, but nothing for nature?

at least go visit the beaches if you have time, like what I do every time I'm there.

I went to Panglao,Bohol the last time

28s3q09.jpg

Back
Top Bottom