I'm Getting My Braces off Today Vol. I know we just had a thread, but I'm pumped

jpzx

Supporter
It was supposed to be mid-May that I was going to get my braces off, but I went to the ortho yesterday and he said everything's good and I'll begetting them off Tuesday. I've had braces since February '07 and I'm getting to the point where I can't stand the constant tightening, rubberbands, checking if food is in teeth, etc. I'm just glad I'm getting them off.

Just in time for the summer to show off my
happy.gif

Is there anything I need to know about life after braces? Such as ways to keep your teeth the way they are now, etc. Thanks for the help.

And I know we had a thread about this a couple days ago but that was about the dude getting them on, and I'mgetting them off.

Keep your retainer on. I never used mines and now some of my teeth are starting to shift slightly. I'm probably get them on again after I get my wisdomteeth pulled.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

hopefully im done in a week and a half

must be a dam good feeling though

It is
smokin.gif

Summers right around the corner
happy.gif

don't think you're too cool for it. It'll just negate your x amount of years wearing the braces.
I'm getting my braces off. In the title I accidentaly put 'of'

Just make sure you wear your retainer... don't think you're too cool for it. It'll just negate your x amount of years wearing the braces.

Wow you only wore them for a little over a year? Not bad. I'm guessing your teeth weren't that messed up?

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Wow you only wore them for a little over a year? Not bad. I'm guessing your teeth weren't that messed up?

Yeah my teeth were pretty good actually. There were just some teeth he wanted to rotate and two teeth were overlapping a bit next to my two front teeth.Other than that they were pretty straight. I'm just happy those things are off and my teeth are looking
pimp.gif

I remember the day I got my braces off. I couldn't stop swiping my tongue across the front of my teeth for a few weeks
pimp.gif

yeah definitely keep the retainer in UNTIL they say when your fine without it...

my lowers shifted a little because when i got all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out, a molar in the back right grew a little out of place and shifted my bottoms alittle.

oh and have my money ready when the Wizards come back
laugh.gif

like everybody mentioned wear your retainer, i stopped wearing mine and i had to put my braces back on for another 10 months
this time i got the Invisalign retainer which i a lot more comfortable than the old school metal one, so hopefully they give you that one

just wear your retainer every night while you sleep or else your whole braces experience will be useless

Originally Posted by JPZx

It was supposed to be mid-May that I was going to get my braces off, but I went to the ortho yesterday and he said everything's good and I'll be getting them off Tuesday. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've had braces since February '07[/color] and I'm getting to the point where I can't stand the constant tightening, rubber bands, checking if food is in teeth, etc. I'm just glad I'm getting them off.

Just in time for the summer to show off my
happy.gif

Is there anything I need to know about life after braces? Such as ways to keep your teeth the way they are now, etc. Thanks for the help.

And I know we had a thread about this a couple days ago but that was about the dude getting them on, and I'm getting them off.

Wow, so you've only had them for a little over a year? Very nice.

I've had mine since January of 2005.. and still got 'em.
indifferent.gif
The funny thing is that before I got braces, all of my teeth were straight. The only problem was I had a huge @@+ overbite which has closed duringthese past few years.. S'all good though.

for a year? your lucky. My teeth are perfect other then the fact that i have a gap in the middle that i wanted to get rid of. The doctor told me that insteadof gettin veneers i should get braces, i asked her how long i had to wear them and she said 2 years.

i used to have some, i got them off beginning of summer '04. i didnt even think i was gonna get them off at that appointment, i didnt pay attention toanything the dude said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
he just told me its time to get them off
pimp.gif

i never wore my retainers and my teeth are still straight 4 years later
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn a year? Good for you bruh...Im actually in my early 20's and i plan on getting them very soon
grin.gif

Can anybody share the cost of theirs; with/without insurance? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Damn a year? Good for you bruh...Im actually in my early 20's and i plan on getting them very soon
grin.gif

Can anybody share the cost of theirs; with/without insurance? Thanks.

^ Yeh. Can someone share the price without insurace for braces?

Originally Posted by Purple Face

I remember the day I got my braces off. I couldn't stop swiping my tongue across the front of my teeth for a few weeks
pimp.gif

word felt like i was licking my gums but then looked at the mirror and it was my teeth !
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Purple Face

pimp.gif

same here
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom