I'm interviewing Jason Petrie aka ALPHAPROJECT this week at HQ

Hey Nelson, sorry for missing your reply. Since Petrie did Alpha Project, I'm not sure he had any say in the design, but Agassi's Zoom Beyond (his French Open winning shoe), the Zoom Beyond Plus and the Court Implosion were all Alpha Project. I remember the 5 dots on the back. Don't know if he had any input but I just figured since he was the head of Alpha Project, he had to know who wore what. 👍The Zoom Beyonds were one of the best tennis shoes I ever played in!!

I'm not sure that he was head of the Alpha project as he had that name before he even worked at Nike.

I forgot to ask him about his involvement in tennis but the interview went very well.

I'm not sure that he was head of the Alpha project as he had that name before he even worked at Nike.

I forgot to ask him about his involvement in tennis but the interview went very well.

Where can we find the interview or will you just fill us in on here? Great to hear it went well congrats!

Alphaproject was his NT login. He is not responsible for the alpha project line of shoes from the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Around the time those shoes were dropping, he was on NT posting renderings of concepts.

Alphaproject was his NT login. He is not responsible for the alpha project line of shoes from the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Around the time those shoes were dropping, he was on NT posting renderings of concepts.

I know, we're saying the same thing.

Can you ask him if the ultraposites will see. Retro release? Maybe in colors other than black?

Went home for the holidays ... brought these back with me.

I need these retroed
6CE3DCC5-913D-4614-B046-76FFBE6B22AF.jpeg

If there's something you'd like me to ask him please let me know!
Is a NikeTalk and Nike collab likely to every happen, and if yes then what silhouette(s) would it be with? If no then how could said “no” change to a yes and what can we do as a community to make that happen? How long will it take? I think personally it’s long overdue. Thank you for your time.

if not for meth linking this thread from general with an argument with ninja
i wouldnt even know about this thread
missed opportunity
this thread shoulda been posted somewhere with more visibility
general probably woulda been better

Fix the medial midsole on the FP1 and retro OG color ways.
Retro the FPIII
Retro the Agassi IV's which never hit the US.

Man I remember being a browser on here during those times. The old layout and everything. Didn’t create an account till much later but his designs and sketches were dope.

Back
Top Bottom