Im sorry But Curren$y isnt paying homage he is biting...

seriousy....its not like any of his fans know the lines that he is biting (hell a lot of them dont even know the beats 
indifferent.gif
) why does he get a pass for biting classic lines all the time?

found this on ign (too lazy to list the ones off my head)

1. "You think you got the bomb cuz I rolled you a joint?

I smoke with all mine baby girl whats yo point?" - Curren$y on "Super High remix"

"You think you got the bomb cuz I rolled you a joint?

You'z a flea" - Snoop Dogg on "Doggy Dogg World"

2. "I don't bang I spit the the good rhymes

The whole scenery reminded me of Good Times" - Curren$y on "16 Switches"

"I don't bang I write the the good rhymes

The whole scenery reminded me of Good Times" - Ice Cube on "Once Upon A Time In The Projects"

3. "If you ain't got no rims ni**a don't get no wood grain steering wheel

But you can lay back, let ya paper stack instead of going into overkill pay yo f***in beeper bill **%%+" - Curren$y on "Prioritize"

"If you ain't got no rims ni**a don't get no wood grain steering wheel

For real you can go on chill out & still build let your paper stack instead of going into overkill pay yo f***in beeper bill **%%+" - Big Boi on "Aquemini"

4. “Gettin *#!$* with my fathers features, believe it

Honestly, his biting is one of the reasons I like his raps, let me explain...the lines he uses flows very with what's going on in the verse, they aren't just randomly placed...I really don't mind, I'll listen to my Spitta library 6x before Id throw on ANY ymcmb

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Honestly, his biting is one of the reasons I like his raps, let me explain...the lines he uses flows very with what's going on in the verse, they aren't just randomly placed...I really don't mind, I'll listen to my Spitta library 6x before Id throw on ANY ymcmb

But if it was any other rapper you'd go off......

Curren$y>>> a majority of the game right now though. And I think a majority of listeners could pinpoint those line's origins as well.

Originally Posted by Hoy Its Lindsay

But if it was any other rapper you'd go off......

No sir, if I ain't into your music I don't gaf what you do

I agree with this. If its biting so be it. I'm not for biting but I don't consider this a serious offense. Its not different than what any other rapper does except Currensy doesn't go for the same corny recycled lines every other rapper bites.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I agree with this. If its biting so be it. I'm not for biting but I don't consider this a serious offense. Its not different than what any other rapper does except Currensy doesn't go for the same corny recycled lines every other rapper bites.
this.
Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Curren$y>>> a majority of the game right now though. And I think a majority of listeners could pinpoint those line's origins as well.
that.
Last 3 years Currensy has been consistent as hell. He dont get enough props in my opinion, so callin him out on some lightweight "biting"...is 
eyes.gif

I personally like when he does it....same with Jay

It's not he's taking some obscure rap line and passing it off as his, dude is quoting big boi, snoop and ice cube

I call it paying homage

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't mind it either. Dude's ear for beats are on point that's for sure. Covert Coup is a smokers classic.

Don't even listen to dude like that. He never was that good to me. Now I just feel ashamed for him.

30t6p3b.gif
@ at least he's not biting rhymes everyone knows. Let a #+%%% bite some lines from an album cut it's cool but if he biting from a top single then it's a problem? NONSENSE. Not to mention a lot of the lines he's biting from are on classic albums or songs.

Don't understand how you ppl try your hardest to condone this ++$%. Rationalize it and explain it away. Just cuz most ppl can pinpoint where and who the lines came from does not make it okay. That is NOT an excuse.

If that's the case, then everyone is "biting"

Let's go back to when Killa Cam, who I really follow, tried to air Jigga out with that swagger jackin track he did some years back.

I personally think its good for the listeners to let the fans know that these dudes actually follow what they rap

Spitta said in a rhyme..
I go to sleep with a picture of a Porsche on my wall, N' I'm tryna come up on yall.. M. Bleek said that on Vol. 1 I believe, I can't recall the track
That's somethin I would like to say on track my damnself
It makes sense, the line is inspirational and if it fits for the line I'm writing then I'll be a "biter" too

Same thing goes for sampling actual instrumentals smh.. music is to inspire

Everybody's in love with Rick Ross saying WOOOOO! (Lil B 100% started the WOOOO! ad-lib) and completely living threw another man's persona (Freeway Ricky Ross) without ever really paying homage to either one is 1000 times lamer than...
Curren$y from time to time referencing legend's lines in his raps that flow with whatever story he's telling. Find something else to hate on.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Everybody's in love with Rick Ross saying WOOOOO! (Lil B 100% started the WOOOO! ad-lib) and completely living threw another man's persona (Freeway Ricky Ross) without ever really paying homage to either one is 1000 times lamer than...
Curren$y from time to time referencing legend's lines in his raps that flow with whatever story he's telling. Find something else to hate on.

roll.gif

Stupid thread. Go find something legitimate to hate on, like the dozens of other artists out right now ruining hip hop- not someone paying homage to the legends. C'mon man.

Yall should know I already feel Jigga is just as much of a shameless biter. I blame him for everybody's current mindset on biting now.

This is deadass like Chappelle doing stand up and telling Eddie Murphy Raw jokes. Running around singing the ice cream song or something and everybody letting slide cuz they knew who originally told the joke or saying it was only one joke Chappelle got tons of others that are his own
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

The art of borrowing (or "stealing", call it whatever you want) of ideas, musical phrases/melodies/choruses, and lyrics in music is as old as recorded music itself. I think Led Zeppelin is still being sued by the old blues guitarists for jacking their riffs/lyrics and using them in their own songs 
laugh.gif

Love it or hate it, it ain't any different in hip-hop and it ain't gonna keep artists from doing it and fans from listening to the music. I know some hip-hop fans revere the lyrics they hear in the music (the same way a musician takes pride in arranging his own compositions), but that's what happens. If it bothers you like that, I suggest finding a new hobby.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yall should know I already feel Jigga is just as much of a shameless biter. I blame him for everybody's current mindset on biting now.

This is deadass like Chappelle doing stand up and telling Eddie Murphy Raw jokes. Running around singing the ice cream song or something and everybody letting slide cuz they knew who originally told the joke or saying it was only one joke Chappelle got tons of others that are his own
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
cmon now.
You really think thats an appropriate analogy? Like you really equate the two?
I guess you dont endorse citations, references, and all that either huh? Academia should just get rid of that whole concept?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't ever enter the world of creative arts. They'll eat you alive
laugh.gif

"Good artists borrow, great artists steal". Picasso said that...and guess where alot of his "ideas" came from?

Originally Posted by solefood229

It's not he's taking some obscure rap line and passing it off as his, dude is quoting big boi, snoop and ice cube

I call it paying homage
Pretty much. Yall dudes will find anything to hate on I swear 
laugh.gif

damn, 2 pages in and only one person mentioned jay?

I think he does it in the same sense Jay-Z does it. Its not biting the line and building a verse just off that premise. Its more like Curren$y is paying homage to classic lines showing that hes a fan of hip hop and not just a rapper. At least IMO.

Back
Top Bottom