Im sorry But Curren$y isnt paying homage he is biting...

This thread isn't gonna work bro. All these cats in here aren't older than 16, of course they think it's cool to take other peoples' rhymes.

OP, you missed a couple. he "bit" Max B and a few others as well. go cry some more.

Hip hop in it's purest form is about "biting". Entire culture borrows from it's predecessors. Thing is you don't have to listen, period. You must hate Kobe for biting and paying homage to Jordan. Comedy reference is bogus because in comedy nobody bites jokes just style. What Currensy and many others do is pay homage and help fans connect with the music by giving u that feeling u felt when u heard big said it. For example if I'm on fb and I put NICE in my Fab voice, just using Fab reference to get my story off.

If thats the case then people shouldnt sample beats, or sample vocals in songs.
Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I actually respect him for the "biting" because it's usually from classic hip hop songs/artists.

Word, he quotes classics, and uses classic beats.

!$**%+ bite/borrow lines all the %#%!*@# time ..

Ya'll !$**%+ need hobbies ..

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Honestly, his biting is one of the reasons I like his raps, let me explain...the lines he uses flows very with what's going on in the verse, they aren't just randomly placed...I really don't mind, I'll listen to my Spitta library 6x before Id throw on ANY ymcmb

thats  how i feel. it's like, "other people do covers, as long as it sounds good let them do them".
my personal pet peeve is listening to wack remixs of good beats. i know people like em, but i think they suck most of the times. like why not come correct if your hoping on the beat.

This is quite lame, because it is completely out of context.You're reading quotes of something you must hear. Half of the quotes were from opening lines of songs, and it was quite obvious that he was paying homage to the original. But if you're only reading these quotes then how would you know that. The Big Boi line, if I remember correctly, was on the same beat and used for the hook of the song. He was just putting his own spin on a existing song for a mixtape, which is what a mixtape can be anyway. endrant.

this thread is STUPID
If I'd ever give a guy the nod towards payin homage it'd be Spitta it's obvious he's showin how much of a fan he is

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest threads in the music forum, which is saying a lot. Come on dude. He's clearly paying homage, putting his own spin on these lines/lyrics you said. He's quoted so many artists in his songs, its his way of big upping them, just having fun. Just enjoy the music homie.

I feel like Ninjahood. Yall can't be serious. Straight biting with no remorse. And yes I do fault Jay for the same accord. Disgusting.

HE'S TAKING OTHER PEOPLE'S RHYMES. OTHERS. NOT HIS OWN. OTHERS. CATS USED TO CATCH HANDS FOR DOING SO BACK IN THE DAY. 

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

HE'S TAKING OTHER PEOPLE'S RHYMES. OTHERS. NOT HIS OWN. OTHERS. CATS USED TO CATCH HANDS FOR DOING SO BACK IN THE DAY. 
27xhs2a.gif

So what do yal think Curren$y in the studio just listenin to Ice Cube then stealin his lines hoping we wont notice?
laugh.gif

Talkin bout "cats used to catch hands for this" so why do none of the legends whose lines are bein "bit" have a problem with it? This isnt Curren$y stealing some local New Orleans rapper lyrics, its a %!@%%% rapper who 99% of his fanbase have heard before.

Biggie did it too though so.....

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Everybody's in love with Rick Ross saying WOOOOO! (Lil B 100% started the WOOOO! ad-lib) and completely living threw another man's persona (Freeway Ricky Ross) without ever really paying homage to either one is 1000 times lamer than...
Curren$y from time to time referencing legend's lines in his raps that flow with whatever story he's telling. Find something else to hate on.

They both bow down to this man though....

d67250d45b603e10c70a3db5aed34564f61afad.gif

81499113.gif

155630_o.gif

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Everybody's in love with Rick Ross saying WOOOOO! (Lil B 100% started the WOOOO! ad-lib) and completely living threw another man's persona (Freeway Ricky Ross) without ever really paying homage to either one is 1000 times lamer than...
Curren$y from time to time referencing legend's lines in his raps that flow with whatever story he's telling. Find something else to hate on.

but didn't Lil B basically bite/mock Rick Ross style to make a name for himself anyway? I figured that WOOOO was Ross way of acknowledging that..

"at ease...as i move with my jet set feeling the breeze"....u really mad about that?
"then its back to the N.O. lab live stacking rapper chips, rhyme a few bars to buy my homie some cars, then I say a few poems and buy my mama a home".... again you really mad about that?

is he really trying to pass the bars off as his own?

Back
Top Bottom