In your opinion, are there any sure-bet HOF'ers in the NBA who are under 30 years old?

I don't think some of y'all realize how big of a joke the HOF is.  Yes, LeBron is a lock already if he never plays another minute of NBA ball.  He's accomplished more in 7 years than MANY current HOFers did in their entire career.
Wade and Dirk will both get in as well.

Originally Posted by S4L3

He's got more of a case than LeBron
LOL. You dudes kill me.

1 Ring=Automatic HOF.  That's basically what you clowns are saying...

...and I forgot to add a gold medal and multiple ASG appearances...

I'm looking at it from the voters POV.  They'll see the 1 ring and compare that to 0 rings and see that as an advantage for Wade already.

They're 2 points apart, 3 rebounds, nearly even on assists, Wade has blocks and steals so pretty even, right?

Maybe I was a little too harsh with it saying he has more of a case than LeBron but it's not as far-fetched as you're making it out to be.

Lebron could retire right now and play for the Browns for the rest of his career, he's getting into the HOF regardless.

No one is forgetting the 2 MVPs, but that does not make him clear cut HOF at this stage in his career.

That's to you. But as usual with these "HOF" arguments you have to look how the voters are, i.e. media members. Lebron is loved by the masses and that's just the way it is. He already housed 2 MVPs. When you factor in the media plus a career ending injury (which would give him even more the benefit of the doubt as we have learned with Grant Hill, Terrel Davis, etc and many older players) you realize it is beyond certain Lebron is already in even if it wouldnt be first ballot. And Wade also would be in the discussion, because again, you would be factoring in a career ending injury.

But yes these are all moot points because we are completely making up scenarios for fun, I get it.

Originally Posted by Pistol Maravich

Bill Walton got in and he was injured half of the time.

It's not the NBA HOF, it's the basketball HOF.  College and international ball is counted as well.  A lot of people seem to forget that.  Reasons that Dirk and Manu have such buffed up HOF resumes.

Honestly, the HOF is nothing but a popularity contest so it's pointless arguing who does and doesn't deserves to be there.

Can't wait for that 2K11 though DJ's...this year it sucked @#$%

You might as well throw D. Howard in the mix then. Only thing he is missing from D-Wade is a ring. LOL.
That a BIG missing link there, bruh. Over like the last 3 decades only like 9 diffrent organization out of 30 have won championships. You acting like that aint +!#%.

laugh.gif
 Child please. Joe Dumars was a first ballot hall of famer. And Wade has already accomplished just as much (accolades wise) as he did through-out his entire career, in just 7 years.

Some of ya'll dudes serious? Wade and Lebron are SURE FIRE hall of famers if they retire TODAY. First ballot? Maybe not? But Longevity be damned, they would BOTH get in. Not even a question. Lebron's got the golden ticket which is the the regular season MVP, and he's got two of those.

Has any regular season MVP winner not made the HOF? (The guys who are eligible obviously, not Kobe, Dirk, etc.) Off the top of my head I can't think of any. And Lebron has 2 now, so...

Not saying if their careers ended right now but by the time they retire i believe lbj,dwade,parker and dirk will all be in the HOF

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Those that think Lebron is a sure bet HOF already, let me ask why do you feel that way?

I mean besides the fact that you have his numbers wrong, those were his All Star Game numbers you posted...

His Career Numbers read more like this: 27.8ppg 7.0 apg 7 rpg 1.7 spg and almost a full block a game

Rookie of the Year
All Rookie First Team
2 MVP's
6 All Star game Appearances
2 All Star Game MVP's
6 All NBA
4 First team all NBA
2 Second Team
2 First team all defense
1 Scoring Champion
1 Olympic Gold Medal
1 Olympic Bronze Medal
34 Career triple doubles (currently ranked 5th all time)

Sounds like a HOF career to me
/end of THAT

can't believe some of you delusional dudes.
laugh.gif

That a BIG missing link there, bruh.
Like I said before, you clowns just should've stated it up front....

Ring=Automatic HOF. You really don't need anything else. Throw in a gold medal and you're set.

Originally Posted by ehh

I don't think some of y'all realize how big of a joke the HOF is.  Yes, LeBron is a lock already if he never plays another minute of NBA ball.  He's accomplished more in 7 years than MANY current HOFers did in their entire career.
Wade and Dirk will both get in as well.

This. It only requires a moderately successful career to get in. There are almost 300 people in the HOF...including someone who averaged 15pts, 2.5 ast, and 2rb.

Originally Posted by S4L3

That a BIG missing link there, bruh.
Like I said before, you clowns just should've stated it up front....

Ring=Automatic HOF. You really don't need anything else. Throw in a gold medal and you're set.

Do you ever provide ANYTHING of substance to any argurment you attempt to make? You think because you refer to dudes as "clowns", and drop lame one liners, it makes your points ANY MORE valid? 
laugh.gif
 C'mon man.

Who has made the argument that the Hall of Fame voting system is THAT broad, where a sole championship gets you in? Nobody has come close to insinuating as such. It is held in VERY high regard, though. Especially when you're considering the role one played into that particular title(s).

And why are you acting as if that the only thing on Wade's resume? Why are you discounting the Several all star games selections, the several All NBA selections, the All Defensive selections?

Back
Top Bottom