In your opinion, are there any sure-bet HOF'ers in the NBA who are under 30 years old?

Well  for one: Dwight Howard's career numbers aside from his rebounding are not as prolific for his posistion as Dwyane Wade's numbers are for his posisistion (compared to some of the greats that our in the hall of fame today atleast).

Dwight has only avg 20ppg TWICE in his 6 year career, thus far.

Dwyane Wade as of today, is career 25-6-5 player. Including a season where he avg 30-7-5 on 49% shooting in 2008-09(and won the scoring title that year). And again, let's not look past the NBA Title and Finals MVP like it's not a BIG DEAL. When you dominate the grandest of stages (the post-season), that's a legacy builder. Dwyane Wade has also had some historical post-season series. Namely the 2006 Finals, and 2006 Eastern Conference Finals.

If the Magic beat the Lakers last years Finals, and Dwight had a dominating NBA Finals performance? He'd very well be in this discussion too. Hell, that aside if Dwight has another dominant defensive year (winning his 3rd straight DPOY), he's in the dicussion.

Originally Posted by S4L3

So whats separating D.Howard and D-Wade besides the ring?

clown.png

are you serrrrrrrrrrrious???

At first I was only thing Lebron, but I would have to agree with Wade after reading some of the arguments for him in here...

Don't flame me on this one but...

At the end of his career, will Rondo be considered?
nerd.gif

I'd like to "nominate" STAT but dude needs to get more rebs. As athletic as he is 10-12 rpg and 2 bpg should be easy money for him.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Those that think Lebron is a sure bet HOF already, let me ask why do you feel that way?

I mean besides the fact that you have his numbers wrong, those were his All Star Game numbers you posted...

His Career Numbers read more like this: 27.8ppg 7.0 apg 7 rpg 1.7 spg and almost a full block a game

Rookie of the Year
All Rookie First Team
2 MVP's
6 All Star game Appearances
2 All Star Game MVP's
6 All NBA
4 First team all NBA
2 Second Team
2 First team all defense
1 Scoring Champion
1 Olympic Gold Medal
1 Olympic Bronze Medal
34 Career triple doubles (currently ranked 5th all time)

Sounds like a HOF career to me
The bronze medal detracts instead of adds to his hall of fame worthiness.

If the person that created this thread made it 18 days ago, I would have to add Tmac to the list of HOF under 30...

If the person that created this thread made it 18 days ago, I would have to add Tmac to the list of HOF under 30...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So (based off of this thread), we have Bron, Wade...and Yao. Anyone else?

I think Tony Parker is the next closest but I can't say he'd definitely make it if his career ended right now. So I think it's just those 3.

Sidenote: I was looking at Yao's international career...

During the playoffs in his final year with Shanghai, Yao averaged 38.9 points and 20.2 rebounds a game, while shooting 76.6% from the field,[sup][9][/sup] and made all 21 of his shots during one game in the finals.
eek.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So (based off of this thread), we have Bron, Wade...and Yao. Anyone else?

I think Tony Parker is the next closest but I can't say he'd definitely make it if his career ended right now. So I think it's just those 3.

Sidenote: I was looking at Yao's international career...

During the playoffs in his final year with Shanghai, Yao averaged 38.9 points and 20.2 rebounds a game, while shooting 76.6% from the field,[sup][9][/sup] and made all 21 of his shots during one game in the finals.
eek.gif

roll.gif

It's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame, so you have to take into account various players international experience.  This is why guys like Manu will probably be enshrined when it's all said and done....

Yeah I know, that's why I think Yao will get in. I'm not sure Yao's NBA career alone would get him in. By "those 3" I meant Bron, Wade, and Yao.

id put

LeBron, Wade, and Yao

Yao made basketball relevant in China, and now that country is making Tmac in contention for all star starter!

laugh.gif
smh.gif
at no Wade, straight up hate. IMO dude has more of a case than Bron at this point of his career... its not just the ring, its the fact that he straight up KILLED the 06 Finals. Say what you want about the refs, but DWade was on a !%$*++$ mission. !%$*++$ MJ-like.

but yeah no one has a case under 30 if they had a career ending injury right now besides Bron and Wade. I hate to say it but Rondo is starting to make a case if he gets a ring this year and (possibly) Finals MVP and continues to play at a level like hes been on for another year or two.

other than that there are a bunch of studs (KD, Deron, Paul, Rose, Bosh, Amare, Melo, Dwight, etc.) but all those dudes still have a good amount of work before they have HOF resumes. Not that i dont think that most if not all will end up as HOFers, but they still got work to do, mostly in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

I hate to say it but Rondo is starting to make a case if he gets a ring this year and (possibly) Finals MVP and continues to play at a level like hes been on for another year or two.
He needs to put in at least 5 yrs. of "outstanding" ball and then maybe we can talk about him. Grant Hill put in 5 great yrs. before his injuries and he's nowhere near the HOF radar.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If Lebron never played another minute in the NBA, his numbers would look like this:

7yrs played, 15K total career points, 23.7 career ppg, 5 apg, 6 rpg

*1 Olympic gold medal, 1 bronze

These are undeniable HOF numbers?
grin.gif
nah son, [Jay] Ya reach ain't long enough dunnny

LOL.
i mean 2 mvps 2 mvps.

regular season mvp is hardest award to get.

get used to it.

lol oh yeah, you're not good at numbers. 

just kiddin.

no but really...

Back
Top Bottom