Incarcerated For 5 Months, Case Goes To Trial and I am Found Not Guilty... Compensation?

30t6p3b.gif
 that's *$*++$ up. You need to sue somebody.

I'm not so sure you can be compensated because well....that's how the system is supposed to work. While awaiting trial, you can legally be held, should the judge feel it is needed.

Now if you were wrongfully CONVICTED and did time, only to be exonerated later....then yeah, you would be entitled to compensation.

Glad you stuck to your guns and it worked out how it should have though. I think there are probably more people than we hear of who cop a plea knowing they're innocent b/c the thought of doing major time is scary as hell.

I'm not so sure you can be compensated because well....that's how the system is supposed to work. While awaiting trial, you can legally be held, should the judge feel it is needed.

Now if you were wrongfully CONVICTED and did time, only to be exonerated later....then yeah, you would be entitled to compensation.

Glad you stuck to your guns and it worked out how it should have though. I think there are probably more people than we hear of who cop a plea knowing they're innocent b/c the thought of doing major time is scary as hell.

damn that sucks.

i think you can sue the state, or someone, because they locked you up. i'm not sure how the law works down there.

the people that accused you of the robbery should be punished, no questions asked.

keep us posted

damn that sucks.

i think you can sue the state, or someone, because they locked you up. i'm not sure how the law works down there.

the people that accused you of the robbery should be punished, no questions asked.

keep us posted

i wish you the best bro.. get that money
smile.gif
.. hit me up for some words of encouragement, maybe i can be your manager or something lol. Lets get you this paperrrrrr
pimp.gif
. i can be your partner in crime, don't worry.. i got you. i know you ain't do it
smile.gif

Ps. remember this day, when no one else on niketalk believed in you.. I DID lol
pimp.gif

i wish you the best bro.. get that money
smile.gif
.. hit me up for some words of encouragement, maybe i can be your manager or something lol. Lets get you this paperrrrrr
pimp.gif
. i can be your partner in crime, don't worry.. i got you. i know you ain't do it
smile.gif

Ps. remember this day, when no one else on niketalk believed in you.. I DID lol
pimp.gif

thats f'd up how the d.a. wasnt even worried about justice, he just wanted a W on his record. messed up system.

5 months for $100k a year? yeah I could do that

good luck OP, you def will be getting some kid of money one way or another

5 months for $100k a year? yeah I could do that

good luck OP, you def will be getting some kid of money one way or another

thats f'd up how the d.a. wasnt even worried about justice, he just wanted a W on his record. messed up system.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

That's fine, but my thinking is that it's the police departments duty to investigate a crime before completing an arrest and a charge. Now obviously the Judge doesn't know specifics of what the crime or situation are, but if I'm already on bail and complied with the demands of the court by showing up on the court date, how can they now increase bail with no new stipulations, in example, I was re-arrested, caught a new charge, didn't show up to court. Guilty until proven innocent ?

That's fine, but my thinking is that it's the police departments duty to investigate a crime before completing an arrest and a charge. Now obviously the Judge doesn't know specifics of what the crime or situation are, but if I'm already on bail and complied with the demands of the court by showing up on the court date, how can they now increase bail with no new stipulations, in example, I was re-arrested, caught a new charge, didn't show up to court. Guilty until proven innocent ?

THIS.

I was going to law library every day, listening to dudes situations. And I was just sick sometimes.

THIS.

I was going to law library every day, listening to dudes situations. And I was just sick sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom