Independent Record stores

well i still buy cd's, and there are some cd's that you cant just walk in and buy in retail music stores like F.Y.E. I get excited forreleases(non-major label) like the new madlib or the elzhi album that came a month or two earlier, and when i go to buy it the dam local music store dosntcarry them at all. Im talking about those independent label releases and OOP cd's. I was wondering if any one could help me with what record stores youknow about that would carry independent and rare cd's(something like fatbeats) in the area.

If you ever happen to visit Baltimore, look for Soundgarden in Fells Point and local Record & Tape Traders.

Don't know about DC as much.

But in Bmore, Sound Garden has the mom and pop music scene on lock. They sell pr0n there too.
laugh.gif

My-T.

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

itsbx.com > jukebox > rapidshare account FTW.

any cd you want.
i dont like to download my music(illegally), i prefer to support the artists i like and have the original copy of the material.

If you ever happen to visit Baltimore, look for Soundgarden in Fells Point and local Record & Tape Traders.

Don't know about DC as much.

But in Bmore, Sound Garden has the mom and pop music scene on lock. They sell pr0n there too.
laugh.gif

My-T.

im gonna definitly check out soundgarden, my friend told me about it but i never took the trip out there. does soundgarden release independent music?

great thread...I for one need a location thats close to the DC/MD area...but MyT introduced me to SoundGarden...hands down is the ILLEST spotin the DMV for your entertainment needs...and they update on vinyls for all you disc jockeys...

pimp.gif

sadly, its dumb far from me...and I cant find Phat Kats Carte Blanche to save my life...
laugh.gif

I should also mention that for older school vinyl of ANY genre Joe's Record Paradise on Gude in Rockville is the spot.

Badgeman is the music resource on this board.

I haven't been to Soundgarden in years. I need to step back through there though.

Scott Scotch wrote:
Badgeman is the music resource on this board.

I haven't been to Soundgarden in years. I need to step back through there though.

They expanded and bought the habibi ice cream shop/hot dog stand that was next to it.

My-T.

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

itsbx.com > jukebox > rapidshare account FTW.

any cd you want.
i dont like to download my music(illegally), i prefer to support the artists i like and have the original copy of the material.
^^^^^^
Word!

Damn, they had a nice size space. The only problem with going there is that I end up spending cake like my wife at Target.

Back
Top Bottom