INDIE Music Thread

Tennis - Guiding Light (Television Cover) & actual song

I know there some Tennis fans on NT. I'm not too keen on them but I love Television & this cover was nice. They fleshed out the song nicely...

Ugh, that Tennis cover makes me irrationally angry. I feel incredibly protective over Television, as they were one of the biggest bands in my life in my formative years, so seeing the soul and general intent sucked out of the song like that pisses me off.

Not sure if we have talked about it here, but man that new Swans record (obviously no surprise) is really ******g excellent, and I really can't see how it won't end up in my top 5 of the year.

As for you guys who aren't into Animal Collective, though I totally can't relate, I think if you want the full experience you should listen to their records chronologically and see the progression from record to record.

Anyway, here are a selected few of some of my favorites that I think are accessible enough to be a starting point for anyone who wants to get into them.

i actually recently listened to animal collective's newest album and i really liked it.. i had to play it back a couple of times

it was my first time listening to their music too, i was hesitant before because their discography is so deep for a first time listener.

i'll definitely go back and check their earlier work now.

Tame Impala's new album is really, really good. Cant pick out a favorite song yet.

Yeah that Tame Impala is like....REALLY GOOD. 

That album and the new Woods have infiltrated my fav's of the year over the past couple weeks

Can't wait to see Washed out next Sunday as a late birthday gift to myself. Thank you Portlandia for having this song in your opening credits!

As for "indie" I've been listening to a lot of Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros lately.

Last edited:
Washed Out - New Theory (RAC Mix)

Always enjoyed this mix of the song...Happy belated NotmyRitchie (La Bamba reference?). Post back & let us know how the Washed Out show was...

New electro pop band from Glasgow, CHVRCHES

I was pretty turned off by the band name initially but the music is solid. Very catch stuff. Similar in ways to Purity Ring.

Washed Out - New Theory (RAC Mix)
Always enjoyed this mix of the song...Happy belated NotmyRitchie (La Bamba reference?). Post back & let us know how the Washed Out show was...
Actually my birthday is not until Monday but thank you! And yes that is a La Bamba reference. It felt fitting as a user name since usually  anyone who has ever seen that movie meets me for the first time its one of the first things they say haha. 

I will mos def check back in after the show. I just wish I was able to make it to Houston on the 4th because at the same venue Menomena will be there and they are pretty solid. Dinosaur Jr is also there on Friday but I don't think I can convince my lady friend to going to that. Oh well

For those who like Tame Impala, a few of its members are also in another band, Pond.

This song is sexy as hell.

Their album, "Beard, Wives, and Denim" is delicious.

Also, the Divine Fits album is also really, really good. Lots of strong albums this month :pimp:

Still Corners with some new music. Their debut album was pretty underwhelming but this new single is promising.

Kings Of Convenience - Riot On An Empty Street & Scars On Land

This band might not be cool enough for some, but it hit my iPod while on shuffle mode while looking up all the sports scores before I go to bed. Once "Riot" played, I played "Scars" next. Thought I'd share. Bonsoir...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom