INDIE Music Thread

why the hell did i wait so long to enjoy mumford and sons..

i'm listening to the first album and i absolutely love it.

^ I would usually ***** about the fact that Sky is on Capitol and she is a pop musician, so it probably doesn't belong in this thread, but you mentioned that it was your favorite song of the year, and it is definitely my favorite pop record and quite possibly my favorite song of the year, so I will just pretend like it belongs because it's so great. It could be about a minute shorter, but regardless, it's a fabulous song. Hopefully she can actually get her full length out and not keep getting shelved/scrapped. She is a friend of a friend, so I have met her a few times, and she's super sweet and stunning IRL. Can't help but root for her.

'Everything is Embarrassing' is definitely my favorite pop record of the year. The best thing about it is how completely out of the blue it came. I had previously heard maybe one or two other Sky songs and they sounded nothing like this track. I'm looking forward to her LP.

Little Dragon - Constant Suprises (Live) & Little Man (Live)

May have posted the Little Man performance previously but oh well...

Last edited:
Little Dragon is dope. Shame they couldn't make it on that new Big Boi single. Was really looking forward to that collaboration.

Just got back from the Beach House concert. Just blown away......

If you haven't seen them live do yourself a favor and buy a ticket to the nearest show it will be worth every dollar. It was my first time seeing them live and I was just mesmerized the entire time. A million times better than what I could've imagined.

Victoria Legrand is a goddess........... A GODDESS!!!!!

Foxygen - Shuggie

Did you get at least any phone pics from the Beach House show? Just heard this track & liked it. Threw it up here to share...

Last edited:
Some pictures from the show (sorry in advance they'e all kinda similar lol...... I was just too mesmerized by Victoria):

Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss (Mickey Moonlight Remix)

Haven't bought the new album yet. Remix for the track from the last album...

Fiest - I Feel It All (Britt Daniel Remix)

Singer/guitarist from Spoon & Divine Fits did this remix back in '07...Can't believe it was so long ago...BTW nice photos CertifiedSW....

Last edited:
Haven't been able to stop listening to this band since the weekend...

Anyone listen to The XX? Anyone know of any bands with similar music to this? I havent bought anything but rap albums the past 2 years but I am going to purchase the XX "coexist" album today, it is perfect music to my ears.

Theres something about their chords and that girls voice that connects really well with me, its so simple which is why i like it. Mellow and beautiful.

If anyone has recommendations for similar songs/bands like this I would love to hear it, through PM or through here. Thank you 8)

Anyone listen to The XX? Anyone know of any bands with similar music to this? I havent bought anything but rap albums the past 2 years but I am going to purchase the XX "coexist" album today, it is perfect music to my ears.
Theres something about their chords and that girls voice that connects really well with me, its so simple which is why i like it. Mellow and beautiful.
If anyone has recommendations for similar songs/bands like this I would love to hear it, through PM or through here. Thank you 8)

Here's the official Coexist thread and there are a ton of videos, songs by the band to check out, and, I think, suggestions for other bands similar to the xx.

http://niketalk.com/t/345631/the-xx-coexist-releases-9-11-official-thread

I'm not sure there is a band that has the same sound.

Last edited:
Here's the official Coexist thread and there are a ton of videos, songs by the band to check out, and, I think, suggestions for other bands similar to the xx.
http://niketalk.com/t/345631/the-xx-coexist-releases-9-11-official-thread
I'm not sure there is a band that has the same sound.

Yeah there's definitely not a band that I can think of that has the same sound as The xx. Speaking of which, I just saw them live on Saturday. They were brilliant and you should really be looking to purchase tickets if they are coming to a town near you. Was a really great week for me last week with the live shows.

This is probably a change of pace for this thread, but Metz just released their debut album on Sub Pop yesterday and it's amazing:

Get their first album while you're at it, if you haven't already.

Yo, that METZ album has been on repeat. So damn good. I've been in a punk mood today so I've been playing the hell out of that and No Age's 'Everything in Between' today.

I'm not sure if I would classify XXYYXX as indie music; however, that self-titled album he dropped was really great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom