INDIE Music Thread

finally got a chance to listen to the Of Monsters and Men album - been meaning to listen to it after hearing this live recording awhile back. great stuff.

smokin.gif

Anyone listen to ZZ Ward? Just gave her album a listen and it's pretty good.

Anyone listen to ZZ Ward? Just gave her album a listen and it's pretty good.

I love her song "Last Love Song".

I know i'm damn near two months late but has anyone had a chance to check out Laura Mvula's album? I just got her album a couple minutes ago. I really like her songs "She" and "Green Garden".

it's good to see wild nothing continue to put music out..

also, any fans of Baths?

his new album leaked and so far i really like what i'm hearing.. it has a very smooth laid-back feel to it, with just enough darkness.

New Wild Nothing EP coming out May 14th :pimp:

It's called Empty Estate

Tracklist:

1. The Body in Rainfall
2. Ocean Repeating (Big-eyed Girl)
3. On Guyot
4. Ride
5. Data World
6. A Dancing Shell
7. Hachiko

https://itunes.apple.com/album/empty-estate/id636915307

really enjoyed gemini and nocturne. was supposed to catch them at coachella, but their set time was pretty early and my group didn't want to leave our off-site campgrounds til later :smh:

looking forward to this ep

why didn't he come out first weekend? :frown:

Last edited:
That Baths song is reallyreally good.

James Blake is amazing, I've had Overgrown (the track) on repeat since it was released.

Saw Wild Nothing live during the summer for like 13 bucks - really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the EP although I'm not sure how I feel about the single.

You guys hear that new XX song off the Gatsby soundtrack? I LOVE their style.

]

Last edited:
thundercat's sophomore album leaked early as hell, i kinda feel sorry for him..

i just had to listen to it though.. and all i can say is that it's amazing, him and flylo really did their thing on this one.
smokin.gif

Purity Ring is the GOAT IDC IDC IDC. That set was ridiculous. Grammy live :x :x :x :pimp:

Fineshrine too :x :smh:

Last edited:
Foals - My Number

I've posted this band before somewhere in this thread... Song popped up listening to my iPhone on shuffle mode & had to repeat it...

Last edited:
Phosphorescent - Wolves & Song For Zula

I think they just played Fallon sometime this week. This is the first song I heard from this band. My co-worker told me they played Song For Zula from their new album Muchacho (great album title).

Joy Division - Dead Souls, Transmission, & Ceremony

I love these songs. Felt like throwing up something old school. Peter Hook on that bass is killing it....

Radiohead - Ceremony

I love that they did this cover.

Last edited:
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - "Rà-àkõ-st"

Not sure how to pronounce it but here's Unknown Mortal Orchestra cover of a Lindstrom song.

The original song...

Broken Social Scene - Sweetest Kill

The official vid for this song is :x. Don't think I can post it on NT... Love this band/song... I don't think I dislike any song from this band. Does anyone else like them? I think their the best Canadian band (over Arcade Fire by a long shot for me).

Back
Top Bottom