INDIE Music Thread

Toro Y Moi - Never Matter

New visuals from Chaz Bundick. I didn't listen to much of the new album when it was first released but it's found it's way into my rotation so I was glad to see this vid.

love songs like this with funky bass lines

Ducktails was mentioned a few pages ago but this song man...

Bombay Bicycle Club 
pimp.gif

Phoenix - Entertainment (Blood Orange Remix)

:smokin Dev is one talented dude...

Last edited:
Wavves - Demon To Lean On (David Letterman 3/27/13)

Divine Fits - Like Ice Cream & You Got Lucky (Jimmy Kimmel 3/27/13)

Love the Tom Petty cover...

Mudhoney - I Like It Small

25th anniversary of Sup Pop... Glad to see this band still kicking around. Sounds kinda like the Stooges...

Phoenix - Entertainment (lo-fi version live)

There are some good tunes on the new Strokes release but overall the album is meh... There last 2 releases (including this one) have been like that. New stuff is better than nothing I guess.

Here's a lo-fi version of Entertainment.

BTW, are we posting bands on indie labels or are we including indie bands on major labels also?

Last edited:
Cat Power – Manhattan

Not the biggest fan because a lot of her songs are hit or miss with me, but I like this one.

that James Blake is sounding rather good so far, hopefully it lives up to the hype that i built up for it.

the song with the RZA.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Last edited:
Pending more listens to the new James Blake, top albums of 2013 so far:

1. Kurt Vile
2. My Bloody Valentine
3. Flaming Lips
4. Autre Ne Veut
5. Waxahatchee
6. Yo La Tengo
7. Youth Lagoon

that James Blake is sounding rather good so far, hopefully it lives up to the hype that i built up for it.

the song with the RZA. :wow: :wow:

At first I was a little skeptical at the RZA feature. I **** with RZA don't even get it twisted but I just didn't know how well a combo like that would work out but my dude delivered.

Off my first listen the album is good but the first 3 tracks didn't really pull me in but I probably just need more time with it.

Last edited:
A little late, but I'm loving this new Phoenix album. Just decided to give it a listen today and it's awesome, easily top 5 of the year so far.

the song with the RZA. :wow: :wow:

I wasn't really feeling the song with RZA, I thought it was a strange feature for album and disrupted the flow of the album but maybe it'll grow on me.

A little late, but I'm loving this new Phoenix album. Just decided to give it a listen today and it's awesome, easily top 5 of the year so far.

Wolfgang Amadeus was my favorite release of 2009. It was hands down the most easily replayable album that year for me. I've been streaming the new one & it's just as nice.

Here's their performance from SNL over the weekend. I love watching the drummer play. He loves bashing the ish out of his kit with precision. I can't wait until they tour so I can see them live again.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs - Sacrilege

Performance on Letterman last week. Looking forward to their new release too. Karen O always likes putting one finger in the air while singing.

Last edited:
^ Sound like Vernon is going to roots rock for this project. Good ish. Has a Stonesish kinda vibe. The opening of the guitar reminds me of the beginning of a song called Destination by The Church...Those fine folks at NPR have a great website. Their music section alone is robust with good content.

Last edited:
not new, but most people i show this to really like it. i worked with this group in the past and they've been some of my favorite artists i've ever worked with

Back
Top Bottom