INDIE Music Thread

I consider Bastille to be a hair cut corporate rock band for the milf set to blast in their mini vans...

I didn't know how to classify Bastille either so whatever :lol:

I listened to Bjork for the first time a while ago and I was taken aback but how much I liked it, similar to when I first heard PJ Harvey a while ago also:

Whenever new acts get stale, I always backtrack to "discover" an older artist who I slept on

Last edited:
High Places - Altos Lugares

Had iTunes on shuffle mode & came across these last 2 bands. The English bloke above Bibio & this band...

jouir...

I dig The War on Drugs but I feel like you have to be 30+ and drinking coffee to truly appreciate their music :lol:

Yeah The War on Drugs is such an ill band..i hadn't heard of them before the new album but once i heard Red Eyes, i was like yep this is exactly the kind of music i want to listen to..i don't know too many artists that make timeless music anymore but Suffering and Eyes to the Wind  sound like they could've come from Springsteen or Petty or Seger..the only other artist that really blew me away like that was Michael Kiwanuka

You can't tell based I some of my posts I'm the resident old head? Lol, maybe that's why I like Them so much.

Damn. All the oldies posts, it all makes sense now lol.

Also, the FKA Twigs album is pretty dope. Definitely an album that can only be listened to at night -- still good nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom