INDIE Music Thread

^^^^^

tumblr_llwp5sCIBC1qzk3gzo1_400.gif

i'm trying to tell people not to sleep on that boy Thundercat, he's one of my favorite artists right now..

i still feel kind of bad that his album leaked so early... but that's how it goes.

Words can't describe!!!! ..... Everyday I look for this song hoping its leak.

Last edited:
Song was just ok RC103DC, but repped for the good sentiment which is rare on here...

Thundercat is definitely slept on...

Great cover.

Blue Hawaii has me hooked, amazing album.
Major Lazer dropped his album btw, don't know if it counts as Indie, in my opinion, to some extent it does. Regardless, there are some pretty good tracks on it.

Vampire Weekend is 3/3

Definitely one of my faves of the year. Unbelievers studio version!

the new album is really good IMO..

they just keep getting better.

diane young & hannah hunt are the standout tracks to me, the album will get hella spins this summer.

I didn't like the Savages album as much as I hoped I would. It's still good don't get me wrong, but aside from maybe one or two songs it didn't really jump at me.

The new Vampire Weekend album is good also. "Ya Hey" stays on repeat....I'm hoping that it grows on me with more listens. This year has been really strong musically and we're just ahead of the halfway point in the year.

Modern Vampires of the city has been on repeat. Great album, didn't think they could go 3/3.

In regards to Ice on the Dunes, Empire of the Sun has a lot to live up to with how great Alive is, that track gets me hyped.

Last edited:
Pitchfork gave Vampire Weekend a 9.3.

I know they get the 
eyes.gif
 face from some people, but still.

I'm waiting to listen to the whole thing til tomorrow.  Vampire Weekend > Contra for me, from what I'm reading the new one is right up there.

The Vampire Weekend album was great. I would not have given it as high a score as Pitchfork did but I can definitely see where they're coming from. "Step" is so :pimp:

Another week, another new favorite song. This week my favorite song comes from a Cali female named Banks.

Just got home from seeing pheonix play at the apollo theater. Greatness!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom