Information Technology (IT)

That's fair.

I get the same way when I speak. I normally start out sweating a storm than normalize. The only way for me to get over it...is to constantly do speeches, talk in front of groups of people.

I hope it gets easier for you. Maybe you could ask someone with an IT background do a mock interview. Maybe jot down the questions you typically get absent or stressed about and then provide it to that person and ask them to try to improvise a little.

I get nervous in interviews as well. Lately I’ve just been going on YouTube and looking up sample interview questions for whatever role it is, take notes and just go from there

Last edited:
My two experiences with the onboarding process in a new Help desk IT job has been awful. Makes the initial learning curve dreadful.

My two experiences with the onboarding process in a new Help desk IT job has been awful. Makes the initial learning curve dreadful.
All my consultant coworkers have to do a minimum of x amount of Help desk days per month. One of first things they said when I arrived at my new job there was that I was blessed because I will never be required to do any helpdesk work :lol:

I use to go on interviews for positions and companies I wasn't interested in to help me get settled. Obviously i still get a little nervous here and there, but it definitely helped in staying fresh for interviews.
This is a great suggestion, personally I just did a bunch of practice interviews with a friend who works as a recruiter. I generally don't really experience 'stress' due to my hormone condition, or at least not in a way that I notice. On the other hand in practice and other interviews, the critique that kept coming back was lack of gesturing, intonation, and overall sometimes giving off an indifferent or uninterested vibe as a result. Which was never my intention at all.

As soon as I got better at artificially boosting my gesturing, intonation etc, I was suddenly competing with people who had far better resumes. I feel like having those little nerves before an interview is probably better than my lack thereof.

M Mark Antony I typically just write a script on some notecards or a piece of paper, some ?s I expect to be asked and bullet points I want to make sure I hit when I describe my previous job experiences as how it connects to the position I am applying for.

They tryna bring us back into the office slowly (1 day last week, 2 this week) so it's time to look for a new job. I;m not tryna drive out here 3x a week or more, especially when the entire rest of the team is in DC and I'm just disaster recovery and the only person on this site. There is literally no reason for me to be in the office.

M Mark Antony I typically just write a script on some notecards or a piece of paper, some ?s I expect to be asked and bullet points I want to make sure I hit when I describe my previous job experiences as how it connects to the position I am applying for.

They tryna bring us back into the office slowly (1 day last week, 2 this week) so it's time to look for a new job. I;m not tryna drive out here 3x a week or more, especially when the entire rest of the team is in DC and I'm just disaster recovery and the only person on this site. There is literally no reason for me to be in the office.
Bruh they doing the same to me as well after being home for the past 4 and half months. Got into it with another contractor on Monday and apparently got wrote up about it and I can see now that they’ll probably try to get rid of me next.

Been applying to a lot of positions that I know I should at least get an interview for (cleared help desk and desktop support). Been feeling like a college grad trying to get their foot in the door at this point with how many places I applied to.

I've been at home since 2020 through all the jobs I worked since. Don;t you have a TS clearance? You should qualify for higher level stuff than that just off your clearance alone. Good luck tho, I know you'll prosper. I be turning down hella offers because I'm lowkey scared of change and moreso that I get to a new job and it's going to be high stress again like DISA or go go go where as to say I have a lot of down/free time to multitask in my current situation, is an understatement. No more meetings today, bout to go get a cut, hit the outlet mall, go to the car and take a nap. I want to fight this old white dude I work with because he always has the tvs on FoxNews and Newsmax, at the same damn time. He's nice enough otherwise though.

I've been at home since 2020 through all the jobs I worked since. Don;t you have a TS clearance? You should qualify for higher level stuff than that just off your clearance alone. Good luck tho, I know you'll prosper. I be turning down hella offers because I'm lowkey scared of change and moreso that I get to a new job and it's going to be high stress again like DISA or go go go where as to say I have a lot of down/free time to multitask in my current situation, is an understatement. No more meetings today, bout to go get a cut, hit the outlet mall, go to the car and take a nap. I want to fight this old white dude I work with because he always has the tvs on FoxNews and Newsmax, at the same damn time. He's nice enough otherwise though.
Yeah I do have a TS but I don’t have my sec+ and that’s what it seems a lot of the cleared positions want.

Just haven’t found my study method but this recent job fiasco might be some much need motivation for me.

Interviewed for a Sr. PM role and think I did decently (one of the panel said my responses were very thorough :lol:) but realized I messed up on two questions:

1) Have I ever had to deal with re-baselines and how would I set it up? Should have followed the procedures I used working in PMOs starting with modifications to schedule/cost/resources, and moving into a Request for Change…
2) You are shrunken down to the size of lego and placed in a blender, how do you escape? Apparently there is no right answer but the wrong answer is ”waiting until someone turns it on.” I guess its basically have a plan, ask questions, so forth….oh well.

Back
Top Bottom