Information Technology (IT)

I’ve got 0 knowledge on networking. I’m about to rent an office that has hardwired internet only. They’re letting me setup wifi. All I need is a router right? Nothing else? Just plug in the Ethernet cord to any type of router and I should be able to wirelessly connect right? Lol.
First question, is it your office? Or you work for an organization renting the office?

Does the building provide internet or is it the business’ responsibility? Do you just need internet/wifi or is there a business need for more local services?

If it’s super simple (small area, internet/wifi) just get business internet connection and lease what they got (wifi/router/modem). If it’s local services and decent sized SMB, then you’ll probably need a router, firewall and AP like Ubiquiti and pfsense if ya po or a Fortinet small firewall and an Aruba AP (or ubiquiti).

But you really didn’t give a lot of details.

Ooh damn I’ve gotta research then lol

spiderjericho spiderjericho
It’s an office I’m renting from an organization. Pretty much a workspace for me. I’m working remotely. There’s no wifi and just an Ethernet for me to plug into. Which I don’t understand why it’s set up like that but I was told that I can setup wifi if I want for myself. Which I will need for my phone, multiple laptops, etc. I really wanted to just plug in a router and use this wirelessly :/

No one else will be using the wifi. I can set it up so it’s just for me I guess, with the password only being known by myself.

Thanks for the details. Any recommendations?

Is setting up wifi allowed? What are the rules?

If so just get a wifi router and plug the Ethernet Jack into it and configure it with your SSID, band, etc.

Yup. Am allowed to set it up. Alright cool, will do that. I’m glad it’s nothin else. lol. Thanks man.

Appreciate it bro.

I think Google chrome is able to keep a remote session with a remote user. Bad to idea to travel while remoting into my company laptop? lol. Y’all think they’d definitely find out, even while doing it on chrome?

Thinking about finishing my degree here too.

Sure, what about it?

Yep....I got my degree from here in December 2020. Great program. Allowed me to pick up some certs.

OAN, I landed a new position as a OPS Team Lead. Finally moving away from Desktop and over to the Operations side of things.
I’m thinking about getting a degree with them. I’ve heard nothing but good things. The included certs are an added bonus too.

I just was curious on any ones experience with them.

Anybody here familiar with WGU ?
I know a lot of people who finished their program.

You get credit for your job and things you already know and the classes are structured towards certifications. Also you dont pay by credit hour you pay per 6 months iirc and go at your own pace

I’m thinking about getting a degree with them. I’ve heard nothing but good things. The included certs are an added bonus too.

Yeah the certs is what drew me too, pretty much knock everything out in one go. I'm in the Network Ops and Security route (think it was recently changed to Network Engineering and Security). Solid experience, self paced so the learning is on you but some really focused people knock it out in one semester.

Honestly though since the degree would just be a HR checkmark for me and I'm paying out of pocket, If I had to do it again I would have stuck to something easier like BS IT Management or the standard BS - IT I could knock out in 1 semester and do the certs on my own time. Pondering the MBA after this is done too.

Locking in to see if I can finish up now, shouldn't even be on NT.

The program was great for me. Definitely have to exhibit discipline to get the courses done.

I've considered the MBA as well, but maybe in the future.

Just got an email that we have to get the AZ900 to be on the next contract in April. Didn’t feel like studying.

I’ve been thinking about getting into the IT field, but I can’t even figure out what I want to try and focus in because literally all of it sounds interesting to me.

I need this Boeing opportunity to come through and quit playing with your boy feelings. I also find out i actually have ts-sci they kept telling us they might upgrade is to sci but apparently they already have

I know a lot of people who finished their program.

You get credit for your job and things you already know and the classes are structured towards certifications. Also you dont pay by credit hour you pay per 6 months iirc and go at your own pace

Yeah the certs is what drew me too, pretty much knock everything out in one go. I'm in the Network Ops and Security route (think it was recently changed to Network Engineering and Security). Solid experience, self paced so the learning is on you but some really focused people knock it out in one semester.

Honestly though since the degree would just be a HR checkmark for me and I'm paying out of pocket, If I had to do it again I would have stuck to something easier like BS IT Management or the standard BS - IT I could knock out in 1 semester and do the certs on my own time. Pondering the MBA after this is done too.

Locking in to see if I can finish up now, shouldn't even be on NT.

The program was great for me. Definitely have to exhibit discipline to get the courses done.

I've considered the MBA as well, but maybe in the future.
Appreciate the feedback.

Initially I was worried if the content was watered down but I’ve heard nothing but good things from a variety of sources. I signed up for the Accelerated BS and Masters track. Gonna try to knock it out in 6 months or so.

Studying for this now.
Nice. Yea I kinda got no choice now but it shouldn’t be too hard. This might be the motivation I needed. Pluralsight actually has free access to Azure courses this month too.

Attachments

• D133C3CD-8E00-462A-BCC1-A244FADC5D72.jpeg
    D133C3CD-8E00-462A-BCC1-A244FADC5D72.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 746
All these boomers crying at the most minor changes in the upgrade to Windows 11 might just be the final push I needed to get as far away from support as possible. What a bunch of crybabies.

I say this everyday. The things people complain about at times shows that they really aren't working. I remember we had one guy complain about his desktop background. I'm officially on the countdown.

Back
Top Bottom