Information Technology (IT)

Anyone in here know anything about google ads? Or can link me to a reddit or other platforms where I can learn about it?
My mom has a daycare is looking to advertise on new platforms and I figure google is where to start

Or possibly Facebook?

Been a while... I've most recently been in the infrastructure and agile spaces working as a PM. I have CSM and SSM 6.0 certs but am now looking at transitioning into the cybersec space. I took a LinkedIn learning course on GRC and thought I may have transferable skills. What would be my best route into CyberSec? Foundational certs (Sec+) or something specialized, etc?

Anyone in here know anything about google ads? Or can link me to a reddit or other platforms where I can learn about it?
My mom has a daycare is looking to advertise on new platforms and I figure google is where to start

Or possibly Facebook?
man google ads seem hard af! i tried to use it and was not getting any traction.
my friend who works on it says to create a campaign for each of ur target markets

Been a while... I've most recently been in the infrastructure and agile spaces working as a PM. I have CSM and SSM 6.0 certs but am now looking at transitioning into the cybersec space. I took a LinkedIn learning course on GRC and thought I may have transferable skills. What would be my best route into CyberSec? Foundational certs (Sec+) or something specialized, etc?
You want to go from PM to cysec?

You’re probably going to possibly take a pay cut. Security+ is probably the de facto entry level cert. ISC2 was giving away free vouchers to their new basic cybersecurity certification. Their CISSP is probably the standard management level certification.

But I’d let someone else chime in if they lead to SOC analyst jobs, blue/purple/red team type positions, or cybersecurity engineers.

You can use VMware workstation or Virtualbox to lab some concepts with Kali, Windows 11 Eval and Linux distros.

You want to go from PM to cysec?

You’re probably going to possibly take a pay cut. Security+ is probably the de facto entry level cert. ISC2 was giving away free vouchers to their new basic cybersecurity certification. Their CISSP is probably the standard management level certification.

But I’d let someone else chime in if they lead to SOC analyst jobs, blue/purple/red team type positions, or cybersecurity engineers.

You can use VMware workstation or Virtualbox to lab some concepts with Kali, Windows 11 Eval and Linux distros.

Could just be social media but most of the Cyber guys I know in the space seem to be making around the same/more and having the time to enjoy.

Looking into ISC2 now, I was in a tech meetup last week where that was mentioned. I figured SEC+ was entry-level, I may be able to knock that out with my past experience. Just need something more heads down, possibly with fewer daily stand-ups.

Thanks for the info!

Im new to IT. I have Sec+ what should be my next step to actually get a job in IT? I applied for over 60 jobs on Indeed but nothing yet

Im new to IT. I have Sec+ what should be my next step to actually get a job in IT? I applied for over 60 jobs on Indeed but nothing yet
that’s the thing bro, IT is such a broad field. I assume since you went after Sec+ you’re in to cybersec?

Anybody have any tips on how to break into data engineering ?
Currently getting my ms in computer science. Dont' really have a technical background tho but I did sell directly to that audience (data teams) for the last 5 years as sales rep so i know the tech and responsibilites and challeneges associated with data engineering role pretty well. Open to even working a more junior position to get my foot in as a data engineer. I can code with python at moderate level and sql at a beginnerish level. Appreciate the help fam

I must leave the Helpdesk/Support role soon. This **** is driving me mad, I think I reached my limit.

How much time does it normally take to prep for the CCNA?

I must leave the Helpdesk/Support role soon. This **** is driving me mad, I think I reached my limit.

How much time does it normally take to prep for the CCNA?
Depends, whats your networking background?
If you want to start I'd recommend Jeremy's IT lab which is free on youtube and for practice exam questions use Boson Exsim.
Practice exams are actually 25% off right now on the website so its a good deal.

Depends, whats your networking background?
If you want to start I'd recommend Jeremy's IT lab which is free on youtube and for practice exam questions use Boson Exsim.
Practice exams are actually 25% off right now on the website so its a good deal.
I got the CompTia networking cert back in 2021 so I got some base knowledge of the material and I also got the CompTia Security cert.

I will have to check out the practice exams. I have been in IT for a few years and definitely think it is time for me to make a move.

I got the CompTia networking cert back in 2021 so I got some base knowledge of the material and I also got the CompTia Security cert.

I will have to check out the practice exams. I have been in IT for a few years and definitely think it is time for me to make a move.

took me 3-4 months to get my ccna.

network+ is about 30-40% of the CCNA so youre already off to a good start.

CCNA goes more in depth + teaches you how to actually configure switches and routers. I recommend downloading packet tracers for the labs.

Is this the right ccna practice exam you guys were suggesting? I want to make sure I have the right one. I would have access for a year.

Is this the right ccna practice exam you guys were suggesting? I want to make sure I have the right one. I would have access for a year.

Not sure but i think someone posted the exam for free in a twitter link a couple pages back

That's the right one. I think if you download the software and use the offline version you have access to it for more than a year.

Back
Top Bottom