Information Technology (IT)

Took an AWS Solutions Architect Associate course through StanlyCC. Kind of lagged through the course.

Scheduled the exam even though I knew I wasn’t prepared. Took the exam at home and didn’t get a score report when I submitted the exam. They said it would be up five business days.

Kept checking my email like a simp. Found out I passed by my chinny chin chin. There were definitely some services I was unfamiliar with. But a win is a win sometimes.

I’m going to prepare for the PMP. Long term wise, I want to shift toward management and more programmatic positions.
LMAO! That was me taking my last exam. Is that something they just started doing? Delaying the test results instead of telling you immediately?

My heart is usually pounding through my eyeballs when I hit submit

I took the AWS practitioner in December and it told me my results immediately. So maybe it’s a new “feature” of their exams.

As far as this exam, I’d recommend Cantrell probably. Or look in Reddit for advice. I thought I’d benefit from going through AWS Academy. It’s probably a 75% solution. And it doesn’t cover certain services and technologies.

My coworker took the CISSP this week and it dud the same thing. It says it thinks he passed, but give us a few weeks to make sure, check your email

It didn’t tell me pass or fail. It was like great you took this exam. We’ll get back to you in a few days.

But I’m trying to make moves. I love being a network member engineer but I’m going to be 50 in a few years. I don’t know how to python program. I can learn. But I don’t know how much of this technological rat race I want to do. Management might be more my lane or project or program management.

But I don’t know how much of this technological rat race I want to do. Management might be more my lane or project or program management.
I’m on the opposite end of this statement. Still fairly young in the field so I’m all about being hands-on & actually implementing the tech. Management as of now sounds boring and too political for me at this point in my career. I don’t want to be responsible for anyone other than myself lol.

I look at my civilian career as somewhat of a break from being in a senior role in the military.

I'm in a position in which I'm doing both. I'm in management, but also doing implementations. Can be tiring at times, but also breaks up the monotony of each side.

I took the AWS practitioner in December and it told me my results immediately. So maybe it’s a new “feature” of their exams.

As far as this exam, I’d recommend Cantrell probably. Or look in Reddit for advice. I thought I’d benefit from going through AWS Academy. It’s probably a 75% solution. And it doesn’t cover certain services and technologies.

The Associate exams takes about 24 hours to find out and the practitioner is automatic since it’s not as extensive as the Associate exams.

The Associate exams takes about 24 hours to find out and the practitioner is automatic since it’s not as extensive as the Associate exams.
What you got?

I got the results a few hours later. I'm curious on what takes them time? They said it could take up to five business days.

What you got?

I got the results a few hours later. I'm curious on what takes them time? They said it could take up to five business days.

Cloud practitioner and solutions architect-associate.
A coworker of mine got AWS developer and it took about 8 hours for his results to come in. I don’t know many people who’ve had to wait the full 5 business days.

Is it too late to go get that cyber security coin?
An ever evolving online world requires ever evolving management tools and techniques one would think but I’m nowhere near that field.

The entrepreneurial endeavors need a steady supply of stability and health insurance costs just keep getting outta hand.

Got a couple Java courses and some Discrete Math I can recite or recall but other than that mans is fresh meat going in 🐾 if that be move.
And if worth it, best and quickest path to some sort of landing spot after completion?

YouTube university getting me started ofc.

Is it too late to go get that cyber security coin?
An ever evolving online world requires ever evolving management tools and techniques one would think but I’m nowhere near that field.

The entrepreneurial endeavors need a steady supply of stability and health insurance costs just keep getting outta hand.

Got a couple Java courses and some Discrete Math I can recite or recall but other than that mans is fresh meat going in 🐾 if that be move.
And if worth it, best and quickest path to some sort of landing spot after completion?

YouTube university getting me started ofc.
no its never too late

if you wanna go for a security + certificate look into this dude

And ISSO’s on here?

Very interested in hearing about your journey as I am considering this route right now.

And ISSO’s on here?

Very interested in hearing about your journey as I am considering this route right now.
I’ve known some.

I went through the Marine Corps ISSM/ISSO training. I guess I was technically one for my unit when I did cybersecurity. I also worked for a few years at the services cyber command.

I’m familiar with the RMF documentation for an ATO/ATC, GIAC, PPSM, cyber.mil, your service or agency receiving an IAVA and having to respond through insert system here. Most services use eMASS. Then there’s all the programs or silos under the cybersecurity program like training, insider threat, vulnerability management (via ACAS and remediation), hopefully having a CSOC, etc.

I am currently doing ACAS scanning. Easy work
It’s really just a compliance thing ran against the plugins which run against IAVAs and STIGs.

As the cyber police, you gotta make sure the server guys are using MECM, etc. Make sure network guys are updating their NOS or complying with STIGs.

But if MaxP_3 MaxP_3 has questions…let us know.

spiderjericho spiderjericho i guess I’m kinda lost on where to even start. I wanted to know what would I need to know for the position? What areas of study would be beneficial? Any labs or recommended material? What are the primary entry ISSO duties?

Sorry for the vagueness of that but as stated, I’m trying to figure out where to even begin

It’s really just a compliance thing ran against the plugins which run against IAVAs and STIGs.

As the cyber police, you gotta make sure the server guys are using MECM, etc. Make sure network guys are updating their NOS or complying with STIGs.

But if MaxP_3 MaxP_3 has questions…let us know.
Yea given the option I’d rather do this than be like some of the Sys admins we work with. Building scans and reports but DISA doesnt own the assets so I am not responsible for them beyond that

. If it’s timing out scans or offline or something we aren’t the ones who do too much of the troubleshooting other than saying like I can kick another scan off and just checking the connection status on the manager. Relink it, check firewall logs and see of it’s somehow getting blocked, is the service account locked out that scans use, remote registey disabled, with Linux hosts some sort of su/sudo elevation issue with the credentials; all that is their business.

We’re moving off MECM to Intune. Gotta get the hang of it but so far Intune sucks after using MECM for so long.
taken-liamneeson.gif

Back
Top Bottom