Information Technology (IT)

Nope! I have no certifications but in my current role (Mid-level Network Technician) I have 3+ years experience doing everything they're asking for.

Plus, I think they're looking to drive their diversity numbers up. I have no issue with that.

Last edited:
Wow no certs?

Im the same as you, no certs but im two years in my field. (Cybersecurity) and i feel usually recruiters would be lowkey disappointed when i say i have none

That’s awesome that you got their attention without certifications. I need to take my shot with them and see if they’ll get me on

Honestly, I just got lucky and got hired out of an internship for a huge international company. That door is now closed for future interns, it really was just dumb luck...

Managed to do well enough to get promoted a few times, my degree helps push me a lil further forward.

Definitely going the cert route @ Amazon though. Trying to bust down 100K/yr before im 30.

Life has been on 10 lately, but to update...

Passed Amazon's initial application screening and have my first round of interviews scheduled for next week.

Which IT role you applied for at amazon?
What type of degree do you have now ?
Wish you best of luck, I've been knocking on their IT door since this past year, still gotta get my certs though.

Which IT role you applied for at amazon?
What type of degree do you have now ?
Wish you best of luck, I've been knocking on their IT door since this past year, still got get my certs though.

Network Technician II.
AS in Management Information Systems. 10ish classes away from my BS.

Recruiter reached out, only reason why I bothered with it in the first place cause I figured they get flooded with stacked apps regularly.
Hoping to make that jump to engineer within my first year. Definitely going to be pushing myself to get as big a bag as possible.

Network Technician II.
AS in Management Information Systems. 10ish classes away from my BS.

Recruiter reached out, only reason why I bothered with it in the first place cause I figured they get flooded with stacked apps regularly.
Hoping to make that jump to engineer within my first year. Definitely going to be pushing myself to get as big a bag as possible.

I applied for Network tech level 1.
I have like 2 years experience but haven't been in a it role capacity in like 2 yeras years.

Having That AS Def put you on that recuiter top lists/radar. Def wish you best of luck, get that cert ASAP though a lot of room for growth in amazon since they are constantly building new fulfillment centers, so work will always be there even after you need to be in a supporting / maitaince role.

Screenshot_2018-03-22-19-18-00.png

I showed one of homies this, when I read you need to take a lie detector test for this perticualar it role.

Yeah, im patiently waiting for the, "why do you want to work at Amazon?" question.

Will probably be the first time in my life answering that question is extremely easy.

Going to take a CHFI boot camp next week. My job is paying for it. Figured I’d take the class prior to starting the MS at WGU to have one of the classes knocked out.

Then I’m going to get back to studying for the CSA+.

Trying to improve the Cybersecurity portion of my resume.

Took and barely passed the CHFI exam today. Attended a boot camp through a DMV based training vendor.

The class was okay. It was only five days so there wasn’t anytime to do labs (big issue).

Also, there wasn’t any review of previous day information or a comprehensive review before the test.

I took a CEH course through the same vendor. The instructor did an awesome review covering key topics, concepts and terms right before the exam. Based on my experience and that review, I walked in and easily passed the exam.

This class, the instructor was more pushing for us to use the review questions. Too bad the exam questions covered 75% of Things outside the scope of the review questions.

Going to go back to studying for the CySa+ exam.

Next course I’d like to take would be the GPEN or GCIH.

Took and barely passed the CHFI exam today. Attended a boot camp through a DMV based training vendor.

The class was okay. It was only five days so there wasn’t anytime to do labs (big issue).

Also, there wasn’t any review of previous day information or a comprehensive review before the test.

I took a CEH course through the same vendor. The instructor did an awesome review covering key topics, concepts and terms right before the exam. Based on my experience and that review, I walked in and easily passed the exam.

This class, the instructor was more pushing for us to use the review questions. Too bad the exam questions covered 75% of Things outside the scope of the review questions.

Going to go back to studying for the CySa+ exam.

Next course I’d like to take would be the GPEN or GCIH.
Any information about said vendor would be greatly appreciated

Joined a weekly meetup for Javascript developers. I've been a PM for years now but feel stagnant and don't want to get left behind. I was moving on the PMP certification but decided to change my trajectory as that's not my passion. May still pursue as that's a good cert to have. To the developers in here, anyone work in creative environments? or have creative roles? The devs on my team don't seem to be that creative but there's a huge difference just one floor down.

Anyone here take the Certified Salesforce Administrator exam? Is it worth having when trying to get a job at Salesforce?

Anyone here take the Certified Salesforce Administrator exam? Is it worth having when trying to get a job at Salesforce?

Think Im going to study to ger my cert. Tired of what Im doing now. If anyone took it can you point me in the right direction on where to start. I see Trailhead is good and free

Joined a weekly meetup for Javascript developers. I've been a PM for years now but feel stagnant and don't want to get left behind. I was moving on the PMP certification but decided to change my trajectory as that's not my passion. May still pursue as that's a good cert to have. To the developers in here, anyone work in creative environments? or have creative roles? The devs on my team don't seem to be that creative but there's a huge difference just one floor down.

How'd you come up on your current PM role? That's where I want to end up tbh.

I leveraged my experience in running simple desktop support “projects” to land a few corporate contracts. LinkedIn was really the plug.

Javascript is literally giving me a headache. I might take some time off since I've been looking into AWS. Just got a
course off Udemy by A Cloud Guru. Not feeling how Javascript becomes pretty much word problems when dealing with
functions even conditional statements. I've never been great at word problem based subjects.

AWS seems like something I'd be interested in and the potential for growth seems huge.

Javascript is literally giving me a headache. I might take some time off since I've been looking into AWS. Just got a
course off Udemy by A Cloud Guru. Not feeling how Javascript becomes pretty much word problems when dealing with
functions even conditional statements. I've never been great at word problem based subjects.

AWS seems like something I'd be interested in and the potential for growth seems huge.

Hey man if you don’t mind what are you taking up right now to get into the field? I remember us having similar degrees. Kinda crazy trying to leverage having an unrelated degree trying to break into the field without experience. Just need a stepping stone but don’t know where to start

Hey man if you don’t mind what are you taking up right now to get into the field? I remember us having similar degrees. Kinda crazy trying to leverage having an unrelated degree trying to break into the field without experience. Just need a stepping stone but don’t know where to start

Been working on starting a portfolio of projects and udemy front end boot camp by colt steel.

Purchased a aws course by the cloud guru which I'm interested in. The certification route with aws seems like a better track, because of proof of passing. Web development is basically all portfolio.

Back
Top Bottom