Information Technology (IT)

We need details.

not really "sucks" just in a bad spot. This new company that i went to, just got their numbers for the year and they didnt meet their goals and lost money. on top of that a new VP just came in for the department. im currently a contract to hire, but im not feeling so good about it at the moment.

Honestly I did a few weeks. I used UCertify because that's what WGU recommends plus Professor Messer videos. Some of the stuff on the exam I knew because I work in IT so it's things I've either worked on or had some type of involvement with. It's a tough exam so make sure you exhaust any and all options for studying.

Currently trying this out now, alot of the series I find online are broken up or not very informative. Thanks for posting this as I'm trying to get my security certification

Anyone have the CCENT? I'm thinking of starting there and then going onto CCNP.

Don’t have CCENT. Have CCNA and CCNP.

Definitely build upon each other. GNS3 and packet tracer are great (GNS is emulation while PT is a simulation with simple to use interface and no tinkering).

That’s great! Are they going to pay for it?

Great cert to have.

Yeah we have programs to pay for it. But im wondering if they end up for whatever reason not wanting me will the ccna collaboration be an attractive cert to other companies?

Sorry for the basic question I'm new in IT

Yeah we have programs to pay for it. But im wondering if they end up for whatever reason not wanting me will the ccna collaboration be an attractive cert to other companies?

Sorry for the basic question I'm new in IT

Abosuletly, epesically is you’re wanting to go into networking. Also get your CCNP. If you’re serious about networking.

However, the demand for security is at an all time high. They get paid major bucks. All security does is trying to find loopholes in the infrastructure and policies/procedures (in a nutshell).

Doesn’t hurt to have with your CCNA - CISSP or CISM.

When I was the lead and SCRUM for the network team, there was a member who had their CCNA, CCNP, and CISSP. We were paying him $250K a year as a contractor. :lol:

There was another guy who had his CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE and was billing us $175 an hour as part time (3 days a week) :lol:

Network and Security is the way to go. If you can get into cloud networking and architect, security or virtualization...you will be a hot commodity.

When I was the lead and SCRUM for the network team, there was a member who had their CCNA, CCNP, and CISSP. We were paying him $250K a year as a contractor. :lol:

There was another guy who had his CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE and was billing us $175 an hour as part time (3 days a week) :lol:.

Dude, I need a job there since I have those certs (minus the IE) lol? Where do you work if you don’t mind my asking.

Dude, I need a job there since I have those certs (minus the IE) lol? Where do you work if you don’t mind my asking.

I used to work for the transit authority in Atlanta (MARTA). Just note that the external contractors gets this rate, the FTE (Full Time Employee) don't because of all the benefits. Unless, you do Marta direct (internal contract through marta) which I think can bill up to $100 an hour.

If you’re serious, send me over your resume (PM me for email) and I’ll pass it to the manager. I’m still good with her. We talk everyday. :lol:

Last edited:
I have ccent, ccna, net+, sec+, a+, linux+...been working in the devops/aws cloud space for 2 years now....looking to get ccnp this year and get my node.js skills now

Abosuletly, epesically is you’re wanting to go into networking. Also get your CCNP. If you’re serious about networking.

However, the demand for security is at an all time high. They get paid major bucks. All security does is trying to find loopholes in the infrastructure and policies/procedures (in a nutshell).

Doesn’t hurt to have with your CCNA - CISSP or CISM.

There was another guy who had his CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE and was billing us $175 an hour as part time (3 days a week) :lol:

Network and Security is the way to go. If you can get into cloud networking and architect, security or virtualization...you will be a hot commodity.

Good stuff but the ccna collaboration cert is more focused collaboration technology like video and ip telephony. Sure it still has a strong network core.

Good stuff but the ccna collaboration cert is more focused collaboration technology like video and ip telephony. Sure it still has a strong network core.
Agreed. The industry has been moving toward converged networks, e.g. video, voice and data. Collaboration is an excellent cert to enable that. Any medium business and Enterprise is going to have that requirement, whether they do it in house or via third party (cloud, etc).

Agreed. The industry has been moving toward converged networks, e.g. video, voice and data. Collaboration is an excellent cert to enable that. Any medium business and Enterprise is going to have that requirement, whether they do it in house or via third party (cloud, etc).

I was about to say, aren’t we already moving in that direction for VoIP?

For cloud aren’t most certs fit for the administration side (data center, VMware, architect).

Isn’t there’s a Cisco CCNA for cloud?

I used to work for the transit authority in Atlanta (MARTA). Just note that the external contractors gets this rate, the FTE (Full Time Employee) don't because of all the benefits. Unless, you do Marta direct (internal contract through marta) which I think can bill up to $100 an hour.

If you’re serious, send me over your resume (PM me for email) and I’ll pass it to the manager. I’m still good with her. We talk everyday. :lol:
Bro I worked at MARTA, for special operations S.O.R.T. I want to make the transition into the IT department. PM sent.

Didn’t get it. Resend it.

Anybody interested in IP surveillance (CCTV)? Good market to be into, too.
1520358327015-650236305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom