Information Technology (IT)

Living somewhere in Texas or in the South people would be living like a king on that salary.

Killa Cali LA, SD, OC and especially NorCal the bay area, Silicon Valley, and San Jose people would be strugglin and looking for a 2nd side gig job just for rent and cost of living.
Not true for LA. Depends on your lifestyle

No go on the N+ exam. I got a 586, joint was a lot tougher than I anticipated. The instructor of the class was pissed because only 1 person passed and they have (had) a 98% pass rate.

I had an opportunity to take the exam again but decided to give myself til next Friday so I can study some more. I was upset but I feel confident that I’ll get it next time. First time taking an exam of this magnitude had my nerves pretty shot :lol:

I’ll report back with good new next week :smokin

32. Career change.

Started my first internship this past fall in desktop support. I graduate in July. Trying to get a full time as soon as possible. I would like to transition into cyber security.

Where did you get an internship from? What this a job training to ready type thing, or you just finished a college degree?

Living somewhere in Texas or in the South people would be living like a king on that salary.

Killa Cali LA, SD, OC and especially NorCal the bay area, Silicon Valley, and San Jose people would be strugglin and looking for a 2nd side gig job just for rent and cost of living.

They just did a living consensus, and San Antonio was like $47k family of 3 livable standard. Now it's at around $52k! I make around 60k and I live well but still not able to do everything I want to do.

BTW, I live in San Antonio, TX

They just did a living consensus, and San Antonio was like $47k family of 3 livable standard. Now it's at around $52k! I make around 60k and I live well but still not able to do everything I want to do.

BTW, I live in San Antonio, TX

Yeah I'll NEVER live in Texas. I go to visit once a year for nieces birthday and I'm going out there in 2 weeks.

Where did you get an internship from? What this a job training to ready type thing, or you just finished a college degree?

My college recommended the internship to me at another college’s research facility. I am still in progress on my degree and will be finished in July. In the meantime I am trying to find another job or internship to hold me over until I finish school.

I thought Austin Texas was the next Technology boom city?

i thought the same been getting hits in richardson texas wherever that is. Think once i finish working in europe was thinking of relocating to texas.

No go on the N+ exam. I got a 586, joint was a lot tougher than I anticipated. The instructor of the class was pissed because only 1 person passed and they have (had) a 98% pass rate.

I had an opportunity to take the exam again but decided to give myself til next Friday so I can study some more. I was upset but I feel confident that I’ll get it next time. First time taking an exam of this magnitude had my nerves pretty shot :lol:

I’ll report back with good new next week :smokin

damn man sorry to hear this you definitely need to get N+ squared away before you even look at a Cisco cert or CCNA that test is like 5 times harder. Good luck on your next exam testing

Supposedly some people claim Raleigh North Carolina or somewhere in South Carolina thats the Silicon Valley of the East Coast :lol:

damn man sorry to hear this you definitely need to get N+ squared away before you even look at a Cisco cert or CCNA that test is like 5 times harder. Good luck on your next exam testing
It’s all good. It was my first time ever taking any exam for a cert. Only 1 person out of 12 passed as far as I know. A lot of cats were making excuses. True, the test was nothing like the instructor taught but had I (and others as well) used outside sources such study guides, test dumps, books, actual experience etc. we would have passed. For me, I didn’t go in depth enough in many subjects i.e. 802.11, I only focused on 802.11a, n, ac and didn’t really look at 802.11q, g etc.

It’s definitely manageable. The thing that got me was the guys who already have Sec+ and CCNA failing the test. I assumed N+ was one of the “easier” certs so that was somewhat of head scratcher for me.

N+ is easier than Sec+ and CCNA.

I remember acing Net+ then failing Sec+ barely on my first attempt. Sec+ and CCNA have higher passing scores.

N+ is easier than Sec+ and CCNA.

I remember acing Net+ then failing Sec+ barely on my first attempt. Sec+ and CCNA have higher passing scores.
Did you take the newest versions, N10-007 and Sec+ 501? I've run into quite a few people who are saying N+ is/was harder for them.

How long do yall study for before a job interview? I have a 2nd one coming soon and starting to feel the anxiety

This is what our current mayor. Ron Nirenburg had to say about San Antonio tech space.

"Can we compete with Austin in the future with tech giants?” KSAT 12’s Max Massey asked.

“We’re getting there. You know, Austin, believe it or not, we have more college students than Austin does here in San Antonio. The question is, ‘Where will they be after they graduate?’ And so, we’re starting to see a lot, a lot of growth within our young tech community and the tech jobs are available,” Nirenberg said.

I have been contacted by amazon for some 100k+ jobs but i dont know nothing about aws. Im sticking with CISCO tho im not trying to be a jack of all trades but instead a SME.

You should still learn about the cloud. In the future network engineers will be required to learn about the cloud and automation. Within the next 5 years it will be best to be a hybrid in the field

It’s all good. It was my first time ever taking any exam for a cert. Only 1 person out of 12 passed as far as I know. A lot of cats were making excuses. True, the test was nothing like the instructor taught but had I (and others as well) used outside sources such study guides, test dumps, books, actual experience etc. we would have passed. For me, I didn’t go in depth enough in many subjects i.e. 802.11, I only focused on 802.11a, n, ac and didn’t really look at 802.11q, g etc.

It’s definitely manageable. The thing that got me was the guys who already have Sec+ and CCNA failing the test. I assumed N+ was one of the “easier” certs so that was somewhat of head scratcher for me.

Do you need any N+ or Sec+ resources?

Back
Top Bottom