Information Technology (IT)

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 11.01.15 PM.png

few more positions opened up for my company if anyone is interested. I can refer you which will at the very least get you an interview.

if youre looking to learn and grow this is it. over 35% of my company holds a CCIE (which is unheard of).

4.3/5 on glassdoor. We did just recently merge with another company though so im not sure how much is going to change.
What company?

Will my company know if use chrome to remote into my work computer? It might be a workaround for being able to travel. I’d pay a friend to turn my company laptop on and keep it on lol.
If Seinfeld was still on this seems like an idea he would come up with. :smh:

Anybody have recommendations for a home all-in-one color printer?

All I use is the printers at work but need to get something for my mom since she works remotely 100%

Anybody have recommendations for a home all-in-one color printer?

All I use is the printers at work but need to get something for my mom since she works remotely 100%
Site is your bestfriend

Anybody in PCI DSS security?

A guy, Boyd Clewis has a land a 6 figure it job with limited to no certs/experience academy and it largely revolves around becoming PCI compliance expert.

Anybody in PCI DSS security?

A guy, Boyd Clewis has a land a 6 figure it job with limited to no certs/experience academy and it largely revolves around becoming PCI compliance expert.
No but i've seen his vids and I doubt he's lying the way i've seen companies tense up when it comes time for PCI compliance. Having an expert on hand will save them money in the long run. Not interested in PCI at all though.

Landed a promotion to being the Regional Asset Manager. 80k salary now. In less than a year, went from 58k to 80k. Almost near that 100k benchmark.

Also enrolled in WGU. Gonna study hard for a year, grab my certs and land a sys admin gig.

Landed a promotion to being the Regional Asset Manager. 80k salary now. In less than a year, went from 58k to 80k. Almost near that 100k benchmark.

Also enrolled in WGU. Gonna study hard for a year, grab my certs and land a sys admin gig.
Congrats man, you catchingup to us. Advice though you won't need a year, how many certs you planning on getting?

I remember when I first doubled what I made out of high school. I was like I really lived off half of this every month.

Congrats man, you catchingup to us. Advice though you won't need a year, how many certs you planning on getting?

I remember when I first doubled what I made out of high school. I was like I really lived off half of this every month.
Through WGU, I’ll be getting the A+, Network+, Sec+ and some others I believe.

I also am going to look into a couple Microsoft Certs. I just have to level up my skills and knowledge. I have a little awareness of things I’ll need for sys admin work but my current skill set is that of a L2 or L3 service desk tech.

Hello all, I currently work as a healthcare admin. What do think would be the best course of action to transition?

Starting off from scratch or no IT background. How long would it take to study and pass ccna?

Starting off from scratch or no IT background. How long would it take to study and pass ccna?
Not going to lie, if you have absolutely not knowledge whatsoever about networking CCNA will be tough. No way around that. It’s even tough for people who are already in the field.

I absolutely don’t mean to deter you. On the bright side, it’s such a popular cert that there is A TON OF free learning material out there. But some of the best learning material out there costs money (CBT Nuggets, Boson, etc).

I would personally recommend Network+ by CompTIA as a great starting cert, it’s a lot simpler than CCNA from a beginner’s perspective.

awesome. Has it helped in the job market?

I started studying for CCNP collab since that’s my area of focus.
I'm probably not a good reference point. I retired from service last year, have 16-17 years of IT experience, a TS clearance, more than a dozen certs.

I, truthfully, haven't delved too deeply into the commercial job sector. Mainly looking at defense. I DID apply for a job last year that requested I get another CCNP or CCIE in the first six months of employment. If you're focused on networking, it probably looks "better" if you get CCNP Enterprise and Service Provider/Data Center. I'm staying with family right now and most of my stuff is in storage. I hope to get back to labbing/studying more once I move into my new place.

I sit buy two Collab guys. One really savvy and maintains an enterprise architecture with Expressways, CMS, Pubs/Subs, Unity, etc (and replicated across other bi or multilateral networks).

I think it's a good look if you get it. Wish you the best of luck in the pursuit.

Back
Top Bottom