Internet "kill switch"?

Originally Posted by MC miker

Originally Posted by RoOk

Stop blaming Obama for every little thing gosh smh.

Although i do think this right here is crazy

People blamed Bush for every little thing

2ildbao.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

As for Net Neutrality, without it, it gives Internet Providers the ability to slow the speed of any website it wants, and make other websites faster if it wants.. THAT'S CENSORSHIP... But any government is bad government right, especially if it wants every site the ability to run at similar speeds and not have internet providers decide what runs for us and how fast.....

Net Neutrality proposals in this country have nothing to do with making things "neutral". One would think that NN is about "discrimination", but in actuality it's about private property.

When the DC Circuit US Court of Appeals threw out that FCC complaint regarding Comcast, the FCC argued that Comcast could not control the amount of data a customer downloaded. The FCC used NN to force a private company to let the consumer do what ever they want with Comcast's or any other ISP's service. The problem is that nobody owns the internet, Comcast, like AT&T or whatever other company owns their own servers. You sign a contract and agree that you will abide by their rules to use their servers. It is a voluntary exchange of goods for a service, you pay a fee to Comcast to use their property. If you don't like their service, go to another one.

Has the internet become another entitlement? Are we ok with the government using their coercion of rule of law "do it or else we will send the armed IRS agents!", is this America? Some may wonder why there are only a few companies that even offer internet service, there are towers and towers of regulation roadblocks thanks to the lobbying of these communication companies with the threat of the government throwing antitrust lawsuits in order to pay them off to keep these law makers off their back.

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

With all these ******ed proposals being introduced, its only a matter of time before the goverment places some strong restrictions on internet content. For a democratic nation, we sure are mirroring a lot of moves that communist China makes.

give me 3 examples of moves we made that communist China did. 
and no, a very vague proposal that will never see the light of day does not count. 

Originally Posted by TheHype

Originally Posted by MC miker

Originally Posted by RoOk

Stop blaming Obama for every little thing gosh smh.

Although i do think this right here is crazy

People blamed Bush for every little thing
And?
I just think it's funny when people get mad if Obama is blamed when everyone blamed Bush too. Why is it not okay to blame Obama for things when people blamed Bush for literally every little thing that happened during his presidency.

Back
Top Bottom