Interview Next Friday: Financial Analyst Position with IP....need tips?.....Interview Went Well!

Interview went
pimp.gif

They had me in there for almost 2 hours and they really enjoyed the questions I asked them. Gave me a bunch of information and seemed generally interested in hiring me. I believed I messed only on one question, but I did everything else right and presented myself well. I should know something in about a week or two.
nerd.gif

Interview went
pimp.gif

They had me in there for almost 2 hours and they really enjoyed the questions I asked them. Gave me a bunch of information and seemed generally interested in hiring me. I believed I messed only on one question, but I did everything else right and presented myself well. I should know something in about a week or two.
nerd.gif

Hi,
I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

Hi,
I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Interview went
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
What type of questions did they ask you?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Interview went
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
What type of questions did they ask you?

If you did an internship, mention what you did as an intern. If not, talk about any projects you did in your financial classes. I am in a similar position having a business degree, but I want to work in the finance field.

If you did an internship, mention what you did as an intern. If not, talk about any projects you did in your financial classes. I am in a similar position having a business degree, but I want to work in the finance field.

Hi everyone!
I am a new member of the board. I saw this topic I have many things and people have to learn. I think people can share documents related to this subject.

I found some references on this subject, please refer to everyone here: Financial analyst interview questions

Sincerely!
Patric

Hi everyone!
I am a new member of the board. I saw this topic I have many things and people have to learn. I think people can share documents related to this subject.

I found some references on this subject, please refer to everyone here: Financial analyst interview questions

Sincerely!
Patric

I am in the same situation as you and had a financial analyst interview yesterday. No technical questions were asked whatsoever, just "fit" and personality questions. I was interviewed by an HR recruiter and by the hiring manager for the position who is the director of finance and operations for the company.

Like everyone said here, do your research on the company. A quick google news search with the company's name should find you everything you should be looking for. Look for press releases and tie the information you find into the conversation.

Aak questions, as many as possible. Take charge of the interview. Two of my go-to questions are:

1. Beyond techical skills, what traits do you feel are the most necessary in order to be successful in this position?
2. How can I impact short term and long term change for the company in this position?

These two questions indicate that you are not only interested in your own success, but the success of the firm.

Also, try to connect with the interviewers on a personal level. if you know the interviewers' names in advance, do a linkedin search and find previous jobs that they had or their alma mater and casually bring them up. For example, yesterday I found out that the director of finance and operations graduated from GWU, so I casually brought up how I spend a lot of time in DC because most of my friends go to GW (a boldface lie btw). She was like "oh yeah? I graduated from GW!!," and then the conversation got a lot more casual. Rapport=built

Good luck OP.

I am in the same situation as you and had a financial analyst interview yesterday. No technical questions were asked whatsoever, just "fit" and personality questions. I was interviewed by an HR recruiter and by the hiring manager for the position who is the director of finance and operations for the company.

Like everyone said here, do your research on the company. A quick google news search with the company's name should find you everything you should be looking for. Look for press releases and tie the information you find into the conversation.

Aak questions, as many as possible. Take charge of the interview. Two of my go-to questions are:

1. Beyond techical skills, what traits do you feel are the most necessary in order to be successful in this position?
2. How can I impact short term and long term change for the company in this position?

These two questions indicate that you are not only interested in your own success, but the success of the firm.

Also, try to connect with the interviewers on a personal level. if you know the interviewers' names in advance, do a linkedin search and find previous jobs that they had or their alma mater and casually bring them up. For example, yesterday I found out that the director of finance and operations graduated from GWU, so I casually brought up how I spend a lot of time in DC because most of my friends go to GW (a boldface lie btw). She was like "oh yeah? I graduated from GW!!," and then the conversation got a lot more casual. Rapport=built

Good luck OP.

Back
Top Bottom