Introverts vs. Extraverts

I have to do a presentation on Introverts and Extraverts in my psychology class so I have been doing alot of research on the topic I find that Im more of asocial introvert because I have alot of friends but I like to do things by my lonely. I go the movies sometimes by myself and my homegirls be saying thatsweird but anyway heres some info if you dont know about either it could help you understand yourself too. and why you relate to certain people more:

Introverts are people that are lowkey, they are quiet and like to be by themselves. They find comfort in themselves and tend to be deep thinkers. The majorityof geniuses and philosophers are introverts the majority of billionaires are introverts.

Extraverts are the total opposite they look for attention they would be at the club everyday if it was open. They look for people approval. Not to say thatextraverts are not smart or successul many extraverts are succesful: Diddy, Mark Cuban, Bill Clinton; John F. Kennedy

More on the topic:

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life".[3]Introverts tend to be low-key, deliberate, and relatively passive in social situations.[citation needed] They often take pleasure in solitary activities suchas reading, writing, drawing, watching movies, and using computers. The archetypal artist, writer, sculptor, composer, and inventor are all highly introverted.An introvert is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people, though they tend to enjoy interactions withclose friends. They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate.[5] Introverts are easilyoverwhelmed by too much stimulation from social gatherings and engagement. They are more analytical before speaking.[6]

Introversion is not the same as shyness. Introverts choose solitary over social activities by preference, whereas shy people avoid social encounters out offear.[7]

Extraversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self".[3]Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. They take pleasure in activities that involve largesocial gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. Acting, teaching, directing, managing,brokering are fields that favor extraversion. An extraverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. Theyenjoy risk-taking and often show leadership abilities.[4]

An extravert is energized when around other people. Extraverts tend to "fade" when alone and can easily become bored without other people around.Extraverts tend to think as they speak. When given the chance, an extravert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversion)

Famous Introverts Are:
Sean Connery.

George Clooney.

Michael Jordan.

Bruce Lee.

Chris Rock.

Muhammad Ali.

Enrique Iglesias.

Brad Pitt.

Jay-Z.

Nas.

Elvis Aron Presley.

Laurence Fishburn.

Warren Buffet.

Thomas Jefferson.

Al Gore.

Barack Obama.

Intoverts are the "cool" guys and its because beautiful outgoing women love intoverts. Because its the total opposite of them. Look at the list ofcelebrity introverts noticed how much media or how much trouble they get into? Hardly any because they are lowkey and don seek attention.

Where Paris Hilton, Lydnsey Lohan, etc. are extraverts and seek attention.

So basically the thing is there are less introverts than extraverts. The % is something like 80% extraverts 20% introverts in this world. You just have toraise your confidence in yourself and except you for you and you will b fine.

Characteristics of Extraverts:
  • Talk more and tend to take action with less reflection
  • Work better in groups than alone
  • Good at interpreting body language & facial expressions
  • Excel during classes with high levels of activity
  • Respond well to praise and competition
  • Prefer quicker, less accurate approach
  • Good at tasks involving short-term memory
  • Highly resistant to distraction in interference conditions involving divided attention
  • Prefer bright colors, loud music, and excitement
  • Need a lot going on in the outer world
To know if a person is very extraverted, you don't need to encounter that person face to face! Extraverts have been found more likely to engage in"flaming" during computer-mediated communication. They are also more likely to use emoticons, the little smiley faces and other pictorial symbolsused to express emotions and create a sense of social presence.

Characteristics of Introverts:
  • Talk less and reflect more before acting
  • Like to be quiet
  • Better at reflective problem solving and tasks involving long-term memory
  • Like to work independently or with one or two other people
  • Prefer slower, more accurate approach
  • May have trouble establishing rapport with others
  • Oriented toward inner world of ideas and feelings
  • Prefer low sensory input and low levels of activity
  • Excel at focusing attention for long periods of time in situations if there are no distractions
  • Have a lot going on in their inner world
Its unorganized info but if you feel like adding go ahead and if there has been athread on this already my b u can let this one die

Introverts FTW!
pimp.gif

Now, time to do some homework while listening to Tchaikovsky.

Im not reading that but i was textin this girl the other day, and she said im such an introvert like 2 times. She was 14 if it matters but shes really maturefor her age

I believe your psych teacher is failing you by not making you aware that the "characteristics" that make up each are just characteristics.

"An extravert is energized when around other people" they are "motivated" by their surroundings (socially motivated) where as introvertsare more internally motivated. drive comes from within.

what about tendencies for both at certain time periods, whether it be weeks days or hours.. why is everything just cut and dry like that?

I'm pretty sure Obama and Al Gore are extroverts. You take that Myers Briggs Test? That test is pretty cool to take.

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Im smack dab in the middle.

[h3]Ambiversion[/h3]
Although many people view being introverted or extraverted as a question with only two possible answers, most contemporary trait theories (e.g. the BigFive) measure levels of extraversion-introversion as part of a single, continuous dimension of personality, with some scores near one end, and others near thehalf-way mark.[sup][7][/sup]Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibittendencies of both groups.[sup][3][/sup][sup][8][/sup] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and awayfrom the crowd

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

what about tendencies for both at certain time periods, whether it be weeks days or hours.. why is everything just cut and dry like that?
I am guessing its more of what characteristics are more consistent in your personality.
With that said I straddle both personality types, a personality test I took said I was an extrovert by a small margin but I feel that I am an introvert

I'm more of an Introvert, but I liek attention and I great at conversations and I'm talkative as hell in parties. But I prefer to be alone at least 3days a week.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I'm pretty sure Obama and Al Gore are extroverts. You take that Myers Briggs Test? That test is pretty cool to take.

Naw they're introverts.
http://www.braintypes.com/blog/blog.htm#barack

Yea you can tell when Obama talks he does well with large crowds but not so well with one on ones.
Introverts suprisingly do well speaking in large crowds but struggle in one on ones

And the way he speaks he clearly is an analytical speaker the way he pauses while he speaks
They are more analytical before speaking.[sup][5][/sup]

http://spectatrix.com/200...president-the-introvert/

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Im smack dab in the middle.

[h3]Ambiversion[/h3]
Although many people view being introverted or extraverted as a question with only two possible answers, most contemporary trait theories (e.g. the Big Five) measure levels of extraversion-introversion as part of a single, continuous dimension of personality, with some scores near one end, and others near the half-way mark.[sup][7][/sup]Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups.[sup][3][/sup][sup][8][/sup] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd
I guess I'm an ambivert

Back
Top Bottom