Introverts vs. Extraverts

Originally Posted by knightngale

Chris Rock is an introvert?
eyes.gif
Yeah, his stand-up material is deep, you have to be alone and thinking and reflecting that stuff up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeeeK

Introvert here and I hate it
ohwell.gif
I dont think your an introvert along with that other guy who says he wishes to be an extrovert.
Introverts choose to be alone, you two are just lonely... sorry
ohwell.gif

For those of you who say you're in the middle
grin.gif

Naw it's like you want the attention of an extrovert and to seem like a people person, but at the same time you want to be deep thinking and have a mind ofan introvert.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I'm an introvert but I'm also starting to question if I have a social anxiety.
word... well, i think i did have social anxiety in HS but i grew out of it in college. but i definitely am still very much an introvert.

Had to wikipedia this isht!
nerd.gif

I am an Extrovert to the fullest. (spelled both ways w/ a or o)

wiki's take on it...

he trait of extraversion-introversion is a central dimension ofhuman personality. Extraverts (also spelledextroverts[sup][1][/sup]) tend to be gregarious,assertive, and interested in seeking out excitement. Introverts, incontrast, tend to be more reserved, less outgoing, and less sociable. They are not necessarily loners but they tend to have smaller circles of friends and are less likely to thrive on making new social contacts. Introverts are less likely toseek stimulation from others because their own thoughts and imagination are stimulating enough.
The terms introversion and extraversion were first popularized by CarlJung.[sup][2][/sup] Virtually all comprehensive models of personality include these concepts. Examples include Jung's Analytical psychology, Eysenck's three-factor model, Cattell's 16 personality factors, the Big Five personality traits, the four temperaments, the Minnesota MultiphasicPersonality Inventory, the MyersBriggs Type Indicator, and Socionics.

Extraversion and introversion are generally understood as a single continuum. Thus, to be high on one is necessarily to be low on the other. That said, people fluctuate in their behavior all the time,and even extreme introverts and extraverts do not always act consistently.

EDIT: Having people around FTW! Friends&Family you lonely slumps!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Im smack dab in the middle.

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introvert#cite_note-6[/sup]Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups.[sup][3][/sup][sup][8][/sup] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd

Im definitely an ambivert

Originally Posted by Mako28

OP doesn't present much of an objective outlook on both personality types; needs to be less biased based on what you happen to be
yea your right wasnt done intentionally tho

I'm an introvert, always have been. Even as a kid i tended to always keep to myself. I can easily hold my own in conversation when i want to but most ofthe time i'm keeping to myself.

I'm a introvert. Love it. Went to this website (http://www.humanmetrics.com) and did the [size=+0]Typology[/size] test. Some interesting, but true, things about my INTJ personality:

From http://typelogic.com/intj.html
INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms

From http://keirsey.com/handle...p;tab=5&c=mastermind
Masterminds (INTJ) are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom