iOS 5 Update

I hate it. Apple ruined the music/iPod app on the iPad. No variable speed, no info on podcasts...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Question: I have an unlocked iphone. if I update to the 5os, will it erase the unlock?

Yes updating to "5os" will completely brick your phone, your phone might even become a bomb after you update to "5os" since "5os" has a self destruct mode feature that if it detects any misuse of unlocking a iPhone with not using it on its proper network your iPhone will become a iBomb. Sure can't wait for "6os"

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Question: I have an unlocked iphone. if I update to the 5os, will it erase the unlock?

Yes updating to "5os" will completely brick your phone, your phone might even become a bomb after you update to "5os" since "5os" has a self destruct mode feature that if it detects any misuse of unlocking a iPhone with not using it on its proper network your iPhone will become a iBomb. Sure can't wait for "6os"

^^
roll.gif
roll.gif
 i'm sorry, but that was great... anyway, i wouldn't update it to iOS 5.  there is a procedure to have unlocked iP4's where you upgrade the OS but install a certain ipad 1 baseband.  not sure if you can do this w/ iOS 5.  maybe someone can clarify for you if this is possible.  http://www.modmyi.com is a good resource.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

iOS 5 does so much that it kills your battery way faster. I don't think there's anything wrong with the battery itself it just does more.

I thought it was just me.  I had to get rid of Echofon and reverted to Twitter because it was also killing my battery.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

this has made my 3GS so slow...

not mine but it sucks the *%$! out of my battery. cant wait for jan. gonna get a 4s, galaxy 2, or galaxy nexus

best thing about ios 5 is custom text tones without having to jail break. everything else i could do without. it just seems to run my battery down for no reason

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

CoolGrayMemo wrote:
Originally Posted by lokiD40

looks like Siri is coming to Iphone 4 and possibly 3GS......lettuce rejoice!!!

Siri ported to iPhone 4

129191214615971855.gif

Nice.. wonder how�fast it will be on the A4 processor.
��
There will be a noticeable lag.  I saw a video a while back on Macrumors showing this and it wasn't that great.  It appears the processor makes a difference with using Siri.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

what app do you guys use to take panoramic photos?

DerManDar. 
pimp.gif
 I believe it use to be free, but now it's $1.99 in the app store. It's definitely worth it though. 

Originally Posted by Andrew630

what app do you guys use to take panoramic photos?

Jailbroken?
If so, go into cydia...search for "Firebreak" and download it.

Apple kept this feature out of IOS5......a simple plist change enables it and Firebreak does it for you.....it works good. Need some tweaking though......

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

this has made my 3GS so slow...

not mine but it sucks the *%$! out of my battery. cant wait for jan. gonna get a 4s, galaxy 2, or galaxy nexus
my phone is slow and a lot of the music skips for no reason...didnt do this until the night i updated...i tried to restore it but that didnt work either...will be upgrading as soon as possible...probably to just a 4 tho

Anticipating that battery update relase.

I dont really use Siri.. but this is my first smartphone and its got everything I need!

Question for anyone willing to answer: Will uploading my library to the iCloud put it in jeopardy? Example, will they scan the files and delete/lock/restrict anything that wasn't purchased in iTunes? Kind of like how syncing your phone with Jailbroken apps made iTunes delete anything that wasn't purchased.

I'm kind of hesitant but my collection is far too large to drop on a phone...I kind of need this service to alleviate a lot of the space (16GB iPhone 4 btw).

i sync my iphone 4s with itunes but the songs I have purchased do not sync...any help as to how to fix this...i saw on apple forums that other people have this problem too

Back
Top Bottom