iOS 5 Update

I'm getting this error:

The iPad (blabhalbhabla) cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable.

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by yun69un

YO #$% what is the password for my backup file?!?!?!? i never set up a password!??!?!

its the password you use to unlock your phone..the 4 digit number

$#@ i am doing that, it wont work. 
mad.gif
when was the last time you backed it up? try to use a previous pw

Originally Posted by peter

okokok guys, if anyone is getting an error, first backup sync for your phone, then go on your phone settings, and go to general, then reset all settings or something. Then put your phone in DFU mode. Then proceed to restore phone. TADA!

seriously guys, try this, it worked for me.
thanks for bricking my iphone 4 . i tried this and now it just stays in the apple logo. i tried to restore but now it says the servers are not working 

its the password you use to unlock your phone..the 4 digit number

$#@ i am doing that, it wont work. 
mad.gif
when was the last time you backed it up? try to use a previous pw
Yeah, iv tried every password. "enter the password to unlock your iphone backup file" thats what it says and iv put my itunes and passcode

Guess i'll try to be patient and wait until next week to try and download iOS5.

that's why the servers are crashing cuz everybody's trying to DL it....

%@#

iTunes "updated" my iPad, then proceeded to tell me it couldn't restore my data, and now I have to restore my iPad?

Apple
30t6p3b.gif
Not giving me good reason to switch to iPhone from Android

Just looking over the last 3 or 4 pages... this is exactly why I never update until 2-3 days after firmware releases.
Patience, bredren.

Originally Posted by vick the quick

okokok guys, if anyone is getting an error, first backup sync for your phone, then go on your phone settings, and go to general, then reset all settings or something. Then put your phone in DFU mode. Then proceed to restore phone. TADA!

thanks for bricking my iphone 4 . i tried this and now it just stays in the apple logo. i tried to restore but now it says the servers are not working 

iPhones are extremely hard to brick. I've updated to beta's and would always run into te problems. If you get an error, goggle it. Mac rumors usually always has a fix. If you keep getting stuck at black screen or aplenty logo, or even iTunes and cable logo, you either have it in recovery mode or DFU mode. That is where most of the Problems lie. You just have to keep trying to kick it out of recovery/DFU mode. It's tricky, but watching videos can help. YouTube "kicking out of DFU or kicking out of recovery." should work after a while. It's frustrating, I know, I've encountered these problems with different iPhone models and different firmware versions, and I ALWAYS got it working again!

if the servers not working, then its not the phones fault. did you do it in dfu mode?

the iphone " " could not be restored. this device isnt eligible for the requested build . i keep getting that. what does that mean ? am i the only getting this error message ?

roll.gif

laugh.gif
 @ me speeding home from work to get the dl going, only to have to wait 2 hours.  I just knew I'd be firing up the iPad with iOS 5 right now.    
Aaaaaaaaand it just jumped from 2 hours to 3.  DAMB.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man why the $#@! does apple have to be so confusing with the updates. #@! is a backup file password.

Back
Top Bottom