iOS 5 Update

Anyone having problems receiving text messages?

I did not get this problem until I upgraded to iOS5..

The error message I get is: "Your SMS mailbox is full. New messages cannot be received until you delete some messages."

I get this message constantly, even though I know I am no where near capacity (75K messages), and I also deleted some messages just in case.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

The error message I get is: "Your SMS mailbox is full. New messages cannot be received until you delete some messages."

I get this message constantly, even though I know I am no where near capacity (75K messages), and I also deleted some messages just in case.

Fixed my problem, I think.
Apparently iOS5 has a 75K cap on text messages storage. I was at 78K+ according to this app, I downloaded. Once I started deleting a couple thousand texts, I started getting texts sent in.

Originally Posted by Miniojw

FINALLY I can do custom txt tones. I've been waiting for that since I left BB last year.

nerd.gif

Fixed my problem, I think.
Apparently iOS5 has a 75K cap on text messages storage. I was at 78K+ according to this app, I downloaded. Once I started deleting a couple thousand texts, I started getting texts sent in.
my dude you gotta stay on top of that 
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Box rides on iCloud's coattails, offers 50GB of free cloud storage to iOS users[/h4]
By Joe Pollicino posted Oct 13th 2011 10:34PM

No, your eyes don't deceive you -- Box is offering 50GBs of free storage inside its cloud for iOS users -- just like it did for TouchPad owners back in June. Anyone who downloads the latest version of Box's app for iPad and iPhone will receive their massive lot for data storage after registering a personal account (existing accounts can join in on the fun as well). To make better use of that extra space, Box will also be bumping upload capacity from 25MB to 100MB per file and baking in AirPlay support. Look, Box is obviously skitching on iCloud's tail, but it sure seems like a crazy good deal considering that space is yours "forever." The promotion will last for 50 days, officially starting at 12AM on October 14th -- although, we're already seeing the update on our end. Full details in the source link.

Link

so %%$ just happened i updated my 64gb ipod and all my music is gone (57gb worth) on there, and know i got a bar on my itunes saying "restoring ipod music and videos" so whats it restoring it to my ipod? or my itunes? (i hope not tunes i have over 300 playlist and if i have to make them again i will go crazy)

once I sync the iphone what do I do next to be able to put songs on the phone?

once I sync nothing happens but I'm pretty sure it's synced.  Shouldn't my library pop up somewhere and I can select which songs I want to put on phone or is that asking too much?

there is a tethered JB (using mac) for iOS 5. iclarified dot com has the instructions. tethered JB's are pointless though. better to wait for the untethered.

For anyone getting errors when updating, try exiting out of your antivirus. i always have to turn of my kasperksy in order to update my iphone.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

My iPhone 4 is saying that only 4.3.5 is available what gives?

Have you updated your iTunes?
I was just about to edit my OG post I thought I updated my iTunes but I guess I didn't.

when i iMessage a ipad or ipod, the other person sees my phone number. is there anyway to change it so they can only see my apple ID?

Minor safari gripe - no option to re-open recently closed tabs. That would be greatly appreciated.

still can't update. still get the error message. #%!@ is ridiculous 
30t6p3b.gif

I downloaded the upgrade to my itunes (10.5) and after stating that it restored my iPhone's settings (on my phone's screen) after the download, it didn't fully finish syncing all of my apps and music.

Did anyone else have this issue???

All of my other info (contacts, memos, text messages, email, etc...) are fine and on my phone. But all my purchased apps, purchased music, and other music files on my phone are gone.

I can still access them thru the app and itunes store though.

Also I no longer have the "Purchases" tab under my "Devices" when I dock my iPhone to iTunes on my PC laptop.

I didn't bother to read thru all 19 pages, so pardon me if this has been addressed already.

can anyone help me out with the wifi-sync...?
I plug my iphone 4 in... and when i go to the summary page on itunes, i dont have a "sync through wifi" option...
i have:

open itunes when connected
sync only checked songs and vids
prefer standard definition videos
convert high bit rate songs..
manually manage songs and vids

does anyone know what to do?

thanks ya'll

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Wifi Sync is too dope. I just wish I could sync with just the iPad alone. Maybe in future versions.

To those having problems with Wifi Sync, you must sync via USB after you've applied Wifi Sync or it will never work. Then, you can go cordless. You have to do this for both music and apps seperately.

Also, you can wireless sync without the device plugged into a power source so long as it's 50% or more battery life left.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, Safari is blazing fast.

So after I sync via USB and I go cordless...say I restart the CPU .. Go back on iTunes.. Will it sync wireless?
Yes, it should. Only the initial first sync is required.

**Those without wireless routers who have Windows 7, download connectify.me and use your built-in wireless adapter as a hotspot. Connect your iPad to your PC and you'll be able to do wireless syncs that way as well.

Thanks man!... Wifi sync is NICE!

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

can anyone help me out with the wifi-sync...?
I plug my iphone 4 in... and when i go to the summary page on itunes, i dont have a "sync through wifi" option...
i have:

open itunes when connected
sync only checked songs and vids
prefer standard definition videos
convert high bit rate songs..
manually manage songs and vids

does anyone know what to do?

thanks ya'll

Do you have the newest iTunes? If not update it.

WiFi-Sync is not working for me..

I have the latest version of iTunes, and when I synced my phone with iOS5.. I turned on the option: "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi"

But when, I go to Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync... "Sync Now" is greyed out, but once I connect it to my Mac, it allows me to select it. But once its disconnected from my Mac, I can't select it.

Questions:

1. Does my phone and mac, have to be on the same Wi-Fi network?

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom