iOS 7/iTunes 11 Unappreciation thread Vol Stuck In Apple Prison

Turn on "Reduce Motion". Turn off "Background App Refresh"

The battery on my 5s is fantastic. Especially coming from a former Gnex user. I'm at 96% right now and I've been surfing for almost an hour.

Turn on "Reduce Motion". Turn off "Background App Refresh"

The battery on my 5s is fantastic. Especially coming from a former Gnex user. I'm at 96% right now and I've been surfing for almost an hour.
Naturally your new phone that was designed hand in hand with the new operating system is going to get better battery life than an old phone being updated. I'd probably say the newness factor is more important, especially if you overcharge your phone by leaving it plugged in all night (like most people do). Come back in a year, and when you have iOS8, and your anecdotal battery life comments will actually be applicable.

Naturally your new phone that was designed hand in hand with the new operating system is going to get better battery life than an old phone being updated. I'd probably say the newness factor is more important, especially if you overcharge your phone by leaving it plugged in all night (like most people do). Come back in a year, and when you have iOS8, and your anecdotal battery life comments will actually be applicable.

Wrong. The iPhone is designed to use AC power when it is at 100% and plugged in. So keeping it on the charger does NOT destroy the battery over time.

And in a year I'll have the 6 with the new ios optimized for the new phone. So battery won't be an issue as well

Last edited:
You think you have it bad? Saturday i come home after the beach, try to charge my phone. says its charging but yet decreasing. i figured the battery is shot. i call verizon and they do some troubleshooting and ship me out a replacement. I get the replacement monday, working fine and dandy. Come home from dinner yesterday and does the same exact thing my old phone did. This time a message popping up saying "cable not certified" mind you i just purchased a new charger from Verizon the week before. So i did some snooping around on google and supposedly with iOS 7 apple is blocking unauthorized products.which i dont understand verizon selling unauthorized cables. Going in now and demanding a new charger. /end rant

View media item 590572
Letters ere on the right bro to skip through your library easy

But yes music app has been destroyed, i aint too mad but they could fix the bugs

What I'm saying is, let's say I want to listen to... Dreams from J. Cole's Warm Up Mixtape..

So what I used to do is go to Artist -----> J. Cole -----> Warm Up ------>Dreams

So when I went to an Artist and it'd show me Born Sinner, Cole World, Friday Night Lights, The Warm Up and then once I select said album/mixtape I could select the song.

Now I select J. Cole, and it shows Born Sinner with album artwork and then every single track on Born Sinner that I have to scroll through, then I have to scroll through every song on Cole World, Friday Night Lights, before I finally get to the Warm Up....

>:

THANK YOU! ive been saying this. what type of **** were they on to think that was a good move? :smh:

Man its not that deep. The point of improving an OS to make improvements in innovation/efficiency, and Apple did just that. If the complaints regarding the OS spark from bugs or whatever, the fixes will come along the way.

How are people THAT UPSET that they can't scale their wallpapers? Is that the point of a smart phone, better yet an OS? People just can't be happy. I personally like the OS, Apple did a good job.

I will admit, iTunes is buns now. I hate how they completely eliminated the left side bar

Yeah, that left sidebar made everything SO simple. I have so many friends who talk about how great the Samsung Galaxy phone is, and I always said well I like my iPhone because I have a Mac and I like Itunes.... That statement couldn't be more wrong now... lol.
I'm convinced people love to complain, mind you iTunes 11 been out for almost a year now :lol:

To get the sidebar you go to view -> show sidebar

Oooooo magic

Man its not that deep. The point of improving an OS to make improvements in innovation/efficiency, and Apple did just that. If the complaints regarding the OS spark from bugs or whatever, the fixes will come along the way.

How are people THAT UPSET that they can't scale their wallpapers? Is that the point of a smart phone, better yet an OS? People just can't be happy. I personally like the OS, Apple did a good job.

ios from an engineering standpoint has been exceptionally well built. it always ran fast, and rarely lagged, and until recently, only ran on 800Mhz and 512mb of RAM. thats efficient software engineering if i ever saw it.

my issue wit the music app section is less about the engineering design, but more about the UI design...the functionality. it just takes longer to navigate, particularly in the artist section.

All I hear is a bunch toddlers crying because some options are in different places.

It was the same iOS for 6 years b. Get over yourselves and your personal gripes. iOS 6 wasn't perfect when it first came out, they constantly improved it over 6 years. Everyone is expecting it to be perfect from the jump. I'm not saying their isn't issues, but a lot of what i see in here is "oh no i have to make extra clicks" complaints.

my issue wit the music app section is less about the engineering design, but more about the UI design...the functionality. it just takes longer to navigate, particularly in the artist section.

Thats a good point, I have some issues about that too. I think for some elements they favored typography more and i'm not necessarily a fan of how that affects the usability.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is, let's say I want to listen to... Dreams from J. Cole's Warm Up Mixtape..

So what I used to do is go to Artist -----> J. Cole -----> Warm Up ------>Dreams

So when I went to an Artist and it'd show me Born Sinner, Cole World, Friday Night Lights, The Warm Up and then once I select said album/mixtape I could select the song.

Now I select J. Cole, and it shows Born Sinner with album artwork and then every single track on Born Sinner that I have to scroll through, then I have to scroll through every song on Cole World, Friday Night Lights, before I finally get to the Warm Up....

>:

Why wouldn't you just go to Albums --> Warm Up --> Dreams?

Go to iTunes with your phone not attached, hover over Edit, go to Preferences. From there, click on the Devices tab and check 'Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.' Voila.

Also, it might be because I manage my music on Google Play Music and use an Android device, but I can't tell the difference between iTunes 10 and 11. At all.

Thanks for trying to help me out, but I already tried that.

It doesn't auto sync when I connect it, but when I connect it, it won't let me add ANY music to it at all still. The only option that isn't grey out is "sync."

I was probably running like iTunes 8 or 9 before updating lol.

Last edited:
Lol. Ya'll just gonna complain till you're blue in the face. You're addicted to Apple. If you weren't, you would switched to one of the multiple phones on the market that are now superior.

They gave me a new charger free of charge. Let's see if this one is not certifies eventually although it's an apple product.

JB Ios 6.1 FTW

But i honestly will look into a Galaxy type phone next upgrade. ONly thing that kept me on the Iphone was the apps.
Windows has the best smart phones, but the apps just aren't there

So no more google image search, and swipe to go through all the pics? :rolleyes that's whack as hell....

iOS7 was a step in the right direction. Just seemed underdeveloped.
iOS7 is the first real complete overhaul looks/ interface wise in a long time imo. The rest were mainly improvements to the previous os'.

iTunes is just.....sigh.

So how do we delete things off our reading list i gotta couple things i cant have others see and since they use my apple idea it'll go under there list as well :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom