iPhone OS 4.0 Event- Multitasking, iBooks, Gamecenter confirmed etc vol. APPLE LATE PASS!

gamecenter
pimp.gif

these updates r unimpressive
other phones have been had these features
i thought they were gonna talk about a phone with new specs smh

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Yeah but not as good.

hater alert
gamecenter is a big big deal. There doing multitasking without draining your battery. 

And this is a os event not a hardware event. The new iphone will be unveiled in June.

So now you're forced to interact with ads to use an app? Could someone explain this iAd to me, please?

all i care about is a verizon iphone and doesn't look like they'll be mentioning it so probably wont come out anytime soon.
looks like i'll be getting a htc incredible

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

So now you're forced to interact with ads to use an app? Could someone explain this iAd to me, please?

nope, im pretty sure your not forced too. they're just making it so if you clik on the ad its not going to close out of the app. which is nice because i always find myself accidentally clicking on ads.

this iAd is appealing to my inner sheep... lol. some of these ads look fun, though

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

nope, im pretty sure your not forced too. they're just making it so if you clik on the ad its not going to close out of the app. which is nice because i always find myself accidentally clicking on ads.
Ohh, okay, that sounds better. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Yeah but not as good.
grin.gif
grin.gif
all you want, this just makes having an iphone already that much better.

And I kinda like their approach to feature implementation. They do their research and test the stuff before putting it in.

IDGAF who had what first. If Apple finds a way to do it better than others and puts it in later, the wait was worth it.

Why would they announce a new iPhone when this event is specifically for the new OS
smh.gif
  The new iPhone won't be announced until the Summer. 

damn iphone 2G people got shafted
Very interesting. Only iPhone 3GS and the latest iPod touch will get multitasking. The 3G and 2nd gen iPod touch will get some stuff. iPhone EDGE is left out.
c4435715e47797eea92926f3edf7bb930e42f69.gif

11:00AM These ads are looking a lot more like apps. Almost totally separate apps that live inside apps. Is your mind blown yet?

11:01AM "So let's review. Multitasking, folders, enhanced mail, iBooks, enterprise, Game Kit, and iAd. And these are just seven of the 100 new user features. Now we are releasing a dev preview today."
pimp.gif

That Target "dorm builder" ad looked kind of sick though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Yeah but not as good.
grin.gif
grin.gif
all you want, this just makes having an iphone already that much better.

And I kinda like their approach to feature implementation. They do their research and test the stuff before putting it in.

IDGAF who had what first. If Apple finds a way to do it better than others and puts it in later, the wait was worth it.
i wanna comment on this but ima wait til i watch the keynote
but from what im seeing on the live blog updates it not better than the latest android multitasking and definitely not better than webos multitasking

It's not like they are going to announce the new iPhone anyways with the iPad releasing. They wont to drive all attention possible to that.

I'm excited about 4.0, but like someone said on the first page...I couldn't wait for 3.0 and really haven't used the features from it. I never do anything in landscape...EVER.

super bummed my 3g cant do multi-tasking. i was planning on scooping up a new phone soon anyways. we'll see what the new iphone hd looks like, if its not impressive im prolly gonna go else where.

Very interesting. Only iPhone 3GS and the latest iPod touch will getmultitasking. The 3G and 2nd gen iPod touch will get some stuff. iPhoneEDGE is left out.

Back
Top Bottom