iPhone: Post everything here

can someone show me how to do cool stuff with my iPod touch ... ?

please
frown.gif

more importantly - does anyone know how to watch tv on the iphone?

something that streams... i know about the slingbox but it aint out yet for the iphone
is there any good alternative right now?

You just have to follow the instructions I posted to jailbreak your phone...after that all you do is go to cydia and download winterboard, themes and tweaksand you can change the way your iphone looks instantly...

[h2]http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2008/08/quickpwn-the-new-way-to-jailbreak/[/h2]
[h2]QuickPwn: The New Way to Jailbreak[/h2]Author: Andrew Robinowitz | Posted under: News
Tags: dev team, jailbreak, pwnage tool
untitled-211.jpg

While the iPhone Dev Team works on a 3G unlock, they've released a brand new tool in the meantime to show us they're still working hard for the community.

QuickPwn, the Dev Team's latest creation, speeds up the pwnage process by not requiring a full restore.
Unless you are making a custom firmware with specific features, there is nothing inherent in the pwnage process that requires a restore, and we have been planning this tool for some time. It's more convenient because you do not need to make a full IPSW and use iTunes with it, but your phone still ends up pwned and jailbroken.

While QuickPwn beta is available HERE, it's only for Windows users (though other platofmrs are "coming soon").

Check below for the full blog post from the Dev Team:

My little Pwnie - QuickPwn
We've got something for you! (No, it's not the 3G unlock, but still something very useful.)

It's a tool we've been working on to jailbreak a phone more quickly and easily, without requiring a full restore. Unless you are making a custom firmware with specific features, there is nothing inherent in the pwnage process that requires a restore, and we have been planning this tool for some time. It's more convenient because you do not need to make a full IPSW and use iTunes with it, but your phone still ends up pwned and jailbroken.

In an attempt to be more open about our development process, we're releasing a beta version of quickpwn, for Windows only. Other platforms are coming soon.

What you're getting here is a development version (mostly feature complete) of an upcoming tool that we see as a complement to our current PwnageTool. It's not ready for everyone just yet, but with a bit of expertise, it should work nicely for those of you adventurous enough to try it.

Currently QuickPwn requires your device to be running version 2.0.1 of the iPhone/iPod firmware. This requirement will change in a subsequent release.

Remember that although this is a development release, jailbreaking only deals with the S5L (application processor) side of the device, so it's impossible for this to permanently damage your device.

This tool and technique has been available to the iPhone research and hacking community for about 5 days now (if you looked hard enough) and now that we have released it properly, we are sure you'll see all sorts of tools popping back up that have, erm" been on a long hiatus
icon_smile.gif

You can get it here.

QuickPwn.zip is 14781306 bytes and the SHA1 sum is fa1a930f30a5edb27decfcd049b7fdcc455ee276

PS: Yes, our best baseband hackers are working away hard on the 3G unlock, we are not sure when, or even if it is possible, but we'll keep you informed of any new progress that is made.

PPS: As QuickPwn matures we would like to add a funky UI, you know the kind of new UI that we are trying to promote (as seen in the latest versions of PwnageTool) and we'd certainly like the Windows tool to mirror the UI lovelyness of these Mac tools, so watch this space!

Originally Posted by yourboy05

Does anyone know how to use the Remote application? I tried running it but it didn't show up on iTunes
You have to be running the newest version of iTunes which is 7.7 You should open the app then your phone name will show up inthe device section on thesource list in itunes, click it then enter the 4 digit number and you're good 2 go

yo... my phone has taken printscreen pictures of what i've been doing and i dont know how or why. this happen to anyone else? sooo random.

^
when you hold the home button then press the power button it takes a screenshot of the screen...

my friend's first gen iphone has the edge icon on ALL THE TIME, does anyone know to turn it off?

Ok, so I updated my iPhone because I forgot I jailbroke it.
smh.gif
Is there a jailbreak for the new update? Or is there a way I can go back to the older version2.0.1? If I do that, do I have to jailbreak it again?

You can turn off EDGE by installing "bossprefs" via Cydia. From there you can turn off Wifi, Edge, Mail, Bluetooth, OpenSSH, or what have you quicklyin one app.

does to happen to anyone else:

you attempt to send a text message, you finish typing and press sending, and as the bar tells you its sending, it goes all the way to the right, RIGHT beforethe end and never gets sent, its so annoying, its been happening to me all week but once again, I'm from nyc, not sure if this is happening to people inother parts of the country or the world

Originally Posted by lamchopz

does to happen to anyone else:

you attempt to send a text message, you finish typing and press sending, and as the bar tells you its sending, it goes all the way to the right, RIGHT before the end and never gets sent, its so annoying, its been happening to me all week but once again, I'm from nyc, not sure if this is happening to people in other parts of the country or the world

i hate when that happens
mad.gif

took me 3 hours of frustration, but i updated last night.

where do i get the account information and password to install the free apps from the appstore (AIM)

IMO, overall i'm very dissatisfied with the 3G

main reasons:

-very slow

-crashes often

-freezes often

-even with a case, it dosnt have the same "solid" feel as the original

-seriously drops calls left and right

-since it cant get a solid 3G signal where i am, it burns battery like hell switching from 3G to Edge off and on often

-even after the update, 2.0.1, there are still lots of bugs

-they said the speaker(s) were improved, but it seems quieter than the old iPhone

-the "metal" buttons feel like plastic to me, the old ones felt more metal than these

-the battery life has no where near the longevity of the old one

overall, a HUGE disappointment

Originally Posted by miamib30514

took me 3 hours of frustration, but i updated last night.

where do i get the account information and password to install the free apps from the appstore (AIM)

you gotta use your itunes music account

if you dont have one yet you can make one in the itunes music store on the actual itunes program, not on the phone

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Is it jailbroken?

yes it's jailbroken. that's the first thing i did but can figure out anything else

What version is it on? If it's updated to 2.0.1 then all you have to do is go to Cydia and browse the categories and look around for themes/apps thatlook interesting to you. Under the more info button there's usually always a screenshot of what the app/theme looks like.

Back
Top Bottom