Originally Posted by Slaptastic

IMO, overall i'm very dissatisfied with the 3G

main reasons:

-very slow

-crashes often

-freezes often

-even with a case, it dosnt have the same "solid" feel as the original

-seriously drops calls left and right

-since it cant get a solid 3G signal where i am, it burns battery like hell switching from 3G to Edge off and on often

-even after the update, 2.0.1, there are still lots of bugs

-they said the speaker(s) were improved, but it seems quieter than the old iPhone

-the "metal" buttons feel like plastic to me, the old ones felt more metal than these

-the battery life has no where near the longevity of the old one

overall, a HUGE disappointment

i totally agree, i guess im not the other one, i miss my 1st gen 16gb so much, my fault, for always wanting all the new stuff !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Should I make the switch?

If you're still using the original iPhone then I would say no.

main reasons:

-very slow

-crashes often

-freezes often

-since it cant get a solid 3G signal where i am, it burns battery like hell switching from 3G to Edge off and on often

-they said the speaker(s) were improved, but it seems quieter than the old iPhone

-the "metal" buttons feel like plastic to me, the old ones felt more metal than these

Glad someone was able to experience what I experienced with the 3G as well and that is why I went back to my Curve until the Bold drops.

I am holding of on the 3G still, my jailbroken 8GB OG iphone is just fine with me. Not to mention, I want it in a bigger size or I am going to keep my eye ondevices using the Android software. 3G isn't that important to me in my current location so, I am happy I didn't fall into this type.

^ I have a chocolate and my contract expires on Thursday.

If you're interested in the iPhone then cop it and try it out for 30 days to get an idea if it works for you. If not, return it and get your moneyback.

simplify media app =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

got access to all the music on my work PC and my MBP. mad gangster.

What mode is the phone in when you turn it on and there's a usb cord with an arrow pointing up to the itunes logo? It also says to install a sim card.

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Originally Posted by miamib30514

took me 3 hours of frustration, but i updated last night.

where do i get the account information and password to install the free apps from the appstore (AIM)

you gotta use your itunes music account

if you dont have one yet you can make one in the itunes music store on the actual itunes program, not on the phone
thanks

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Should I make the switch?

If you're still using the original iPhone then I would say no.

main reasons:

-very slow

-crashes often

-freezes often

Glad someone was able to experience what I experienced with the 3G as well and that is why I went back to my Curve until the Bold drops.

Thaks for info. I guess I'll hang on to mine a little bit longer then...

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Is it jailbroken?

yes it's jailbroken. that's the first thing i did but can figure out anything else

What version is it on? If it's updated to 2.0.1 then all you have to do is go to Cydia and browse the categories and look around for themes/apps that look interesting to you. Under the more info button there's usually always a screenshot of what the app/theme looks like.

[color= rgb(255, 153, 51)] I think I'm on 2.0.1 ... but what's this Cydia business ??? How do I d/l it?[/color]

2.02 is out with no indication that it will fix the connection problems or dropped calls

has anyone with the 3g noticed their phone leaking light? mine does this on the left side of the screen. upon further inspection, i see that this is a bigproblem. i want to return this phone because of this defect. i just feel like dust and stuff will get under the screen eventually. im sure i can exchange it.but i think i want to wait to buy another 3g until apple can resolve this issue.

so my questions are will i be charged a restocking fee for returning and not exchanging it? i really dont wanna take the chance of getting another messed upone.

my second question, will att give me my upgrade back that i used to get the 3g? i want to just put the regular service on my other phone.

im pretty aggravated and dissapointed with the quality of this phone. i barely get 3g anywhere, when i do it gives me 1 bar of reception. i like my first genbettter.

yo i just saw dudes are selling there 1st gen iphone on ebay for avg 300. i had NO IDEA these phones were going for that much USED. anyone sell theirs to buythe new one? or all the purchases on ebay bogus?

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

yo i just saw dudes are selling there 1st gen iphone on ebay for avg 300. i had NO IDEA these phones were going for that much USED. anyone sell theirs to buy the new one? or all the purchases on ebay bogus?
They dropped in prices...the price is going to drop even more when Apple sends out the new shipments to ATT, Best Buy, and the Apple store.

The old ones are great for non 3G users on T-Mobile and etc.

^ yea but go on ebay right now and click completed auctions. avg price is almost 300 for used beat up phones..

thats nuts, just for the no contract issue.

if i can sell that for 300, id be happy with a new 3g 8gb.

Yeah, i'm honestly thinking about just going back to the old iphone, i'm going to try to find a 16 gb OG. Because honestly, I rather have a 2.0.2 OGiphone than a 2.0.2 3G, since that 3G garbage barely works anyways. The 3G just feels like cheap toy to me, as where the OG actually felt like a real phone.Damn, hopefully I can try and flip the white 16 GB 3G for more on ebay.

SMH @ me for even buying this, I swore I would never give in to the hype....but knowing me, I did it anyway.....SMH x 100

Back
Top Bottom