iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by warriors510

Man wen i type in my facebook app, it automatically corrects my slang words...can i turn that option off? ALso how can i make ringtones??
for ringtones use audiko.net its the fastest way imo

HELP NEEDED

If theres anyone else like me out there thats not happy with 2.0 and wants to downgrade to
1.1.4, ive seen all the youtube vids and google searched, but no one seems to have a clear answer whether
the back up from my phone will still be there after downgrading itunesto 7.5,then upgrading it back to 7.7?

Why doesn't g-mail (or w/e mail client you use for the mail part) run in the background... is there a way to do it without jailbreaking?
iPhone is crack, but I just wish the mail can run on the background... and they need to add a highlight + copy/paste feature.

Help needed!! So when I jailbroke my phone I left the size at 500 mb I think...is it possible to change this? Or do I have to jailbreak it again?

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Why doesn't g-mail (or w/e mail client you use for the mail part) run in the background... is there a way to do it without jailbreaking?
iPhone is crack, but I just wish the mail can run on the background... and they need to add a highlight + copy/paste feature.
I think you have to go to settings, and somewhere in there, theres an option for receiving mail updates every 15, 10, or 5 minutes. something likethat. Cant really check now since i don't have an iPhone anymore.

But yes, it should run in the background. Should see a lil number on top of the mail icon letting you know you have new mail.

[h2]http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2008/08/winpwn-25-released-jailbreak-for-iphone-202-firmware/[/h2]
[h2]WinPwn 2.5 Released, Jailbreak for iPhone 2.0.2 Firmware [/h2]
from iPhone APPz by Andrew Robinowitz

windows_logo-copy.png

The WinPwn site has updated with the release of the much-anticipated version 2.5. Not only will this copy of WinPwn successfully jailbreak Apple's new 2.0.2 firmware, but includes a "wizard mode" - a graphical user interface, much like that employed in PwnageTool, that makes the install process a cinch.

You can download it HERE.

Developer cmw notes that this version is in beta, meaning "use at your own risk." The latest version of iTunes (7.7) and a complete uninstall of previous WinPwn versions is also necessary before you get started.

Here's a list of features for Winpwn v2.5:

- QuickPwn Support for 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2

- Root partition resize support

- Installer support

- Basic / Expert modes

- Wizard style interface

- Automatic updater

- Support for WinXP and Vista 32/64bit.

Gizmodoreports on an alleged email Steve Jobs sent to one of their readers. The email was in response to a complaint that AT&T is not offering a tetheringoption for the iPhone, even though it is offered on other smartphones as a $30/month add-on. The response acknowledged Apple and AT&T were discussing theoption:
We agree, and are discussing it with ATT.

Steve

'Tethering' allows users to connect their laptops to the internet by using their mobile phone as the internetconnection. The lack of a tethering option for the iPhone was highlighted recently due to the enormous interest in Nullriver's Netshare application which was temporarily available throughthe App Store.

As mentioned above, AT&T does offer an official tethering option for many of its smartphones as an additional $30/month charge.

is there a way to recover deleted text message conversations? i accidentally cleared one of the conversations that i wanted to keep. i'm thinking thereisnt a way, but any help is appreciated.

is there a way to recover deleted text message conversations? i accidentally cleared one of the conversations that i wanted to keep. i'm thinking there isnt a way, but any help is appreciated.

NO

is it possible to add themes onto an iphone 3g without jailbreaking or summerboard?

Nope. All you can basically do without jailbreaking is change the wallpaper.

cool... thanks for the response, suckafree...how difficult is it to jailbreak or install summerboard? appreciate any help!

^ jailbreak is ease with the new winpwn, i did my old 2g and help my bro and two friends do their 3g

Ya I havent jailbroken my new iphone 3G yet. When I had the OG Iphone I did it with Ziphone and it was real easy. Basically just download and install whatevertheme you wanted.

Yo JW, is there any other phone that has the internet looking like the internet? I mean almost every other phone has the "internet" but it doesntlook like the internet and you cant really go to websites. I'm asking because I might return my 16 GB and get a different phone. Internet is probably themost important thing tho and I dont think any other phones is messing with the iphone when it comes down to the internet.

Ok, I just got the new update not too long ago. How do I manually manage what songs I want to put on my phone without having to create a playlist?

ohwell.gif

I searched this up on google, but I cant really find out exactly what jailbreaking a phone means. Are there any negatives? I know that you can customize yourphone and all, but there has to be a downside.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I searched this up on google, but I cant really find out exactly what jailbreaking a phone means. Are there any negatives? I know that you can customize your phone and all, but there has to be a downside.

Your phone might brick, which pretty much means it isn't going to work any longer. Also, jailbreaking voids any type of warranty issued by Apple.

^i'm not too sure it definitely voids your warranty. the worker at the genius bar replaced my jailbroken 1st gen iphone no problem. he said as long as youhave a contract w/ att it's no problem

blah!

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

I think you have to go to settings, and somewhere in there, theres an option for receiving mail updates every 15, 10, or 5 minutes. something like that. Cant really check now since i don't have an iPhone anymore.

But yes, it should run in the background. Should see a lil number on top of the mail icon letting you know you have new mail.

Thanks. I thought so. I clicked settings -> mail, but that never worked. I finally tried to see what "Fetch" was about, and there it was.
Settings -> Fetch new Data. Then you can pick which ones you want to fetch automatically, either 15 min, 30 min, or hour, or manually.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom