iPhone: Post everything here

there is no unlock for 3g. i think there are some sim hack unlocks but no free software unlocks yet

Damn, people losing there iPhones in here?..yall should really invest in a rubber case next time...it'll stay in your pocket...hope you guys find itthough...

yeah i think someone founded my phone, i was looking for one and saw ad on craigslist of some guy selling it, i am 100% sure its mine, so if it is can i justsnatch it from his hands and walk away? lol or is there a way i can prove its mine, since i synced it with my comp....

Originally Posted by 23dude

yeah i think someone founded my phone, i was looking for one and saw ad on craigslist of some guy selling it, i am 100% sure its mine, so if it is can i just snatch it from his hands and walk away? lol or is there a way i can prove its mine, since i synced it with my comp....This is what you're gno
This is what you're gonna have to do.

If you still have the box to your iPhone you're in luck, if not go back to at&t and ask them this:

Your phone has a unique number called an IMEI that identifies that device. It is written on the back of the phone here:
iphoneimeimo9.jpg

I know this is a picture of a 1st gen iphone but it should be the same. The IMEI is where it says IMEI No.:123456789012345, except the one on your phone willbe different.

If you've got the box for your phone, the IMEI will be written on the label. Check if they match up.

If you don't have the box, you may be able to ask at&t what your IMEI was, as that number is registered on the network and that's how they identifyyou.

Hope this helps and good luck getting it back.
smile.gif

EDIT: I just read that they don't print those numbers on the back of the phone anymore (I don't have one in my hands atm I can't check.)

However, the IMEI is printed in the tray for the sim card.

If you can somehow get him to open it up so you can check, that's how you can do it..

I just had to buy the white 16gb Iphone because I lost my OG 8gb like two days ago. I feel like I have crappy service now. LIke my bars are 80% of the time on1 or 2. On my old Iphone I had at least 3-4 bars almost all the time. Anybody else have this problem? This sucks.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I just had to buy the white 16gb Iphone because I lost my OG 8gb like two days ago. I feel like I have crappy service now. LIke my bars are 80% of the time on 1 or 2. On my old Iphone I had at least 3-4 bars almost all the time. Anybody else have this problem? This sucks.
i have this problem a lot thats why i turned off the 3g network

i know im late as hell but i'm already an att customer and my homeboy gave me his old iphone, so can i just stick my old sim card in there or do i have tounlock it first...

Originally Posted by 23dude

yeah i think someone founded my phone, i was looking for one and saw ad on craigslist of some guy selling it, i am 100% sure its mine, so if it is can i just snatch it from his hands and walk away? lol or is there a way i can prove its mine, since i synced it with my comp....

Yeah, I'm sure the thief will just let you walk away after allowing you to grab the phone out of their hand(s).

Most people meet up at the carrier's store to complete the transaction so that the phone can be added to the buyer's account immediately. This putsyou in a public place (witnesses) and allows you to verify that the phone is yours or at least legit. Now, some people ask for the IMEI before meeting up forthe transaction just to make sure they aren't wasting their time. I suggest doing that first.

What are you going to do if the seller is legit?

Originally Posted by dalilboy

so im thinking about unlocking my 3g iphone..whats a good program to jailbreak it??
word.. i've been contemplating on jailbreaking.. i still got the 2.0 software on my 3g.. i need to upgrade.. but i saw the video recorder outthrough cydia i think..

so any suggestions?

Look back through the past five pages or so and you'll see plenty of posts discussing at least two options for jailbreaking. You can also run a web searchand find an answer.

I believe most people are using winpwn (sp?) or pwnage (mac).

I just bought my Iphone about two weeks ago from the apple store. Any1 on NT know is it possible to make ring tones for the iphone 3G without purchasing thesongs off of itunes.

Could someone PM me about jailbreaking my 8 GB OG iPhone? I'm having troubles, and no it hasn't been 'bricked'

Man wen i type in my facebook app, it automatically corrects my slang words...can i turn that option off? ALso how can i make ringtones??

RoughlyDrafted reports on details of the iPhone 2.0.2 firmware 3G connectivity improvements. According to a "source close to AT&T," theconnectivity issues have been caused by iPhones demanding that cell towers devote more power than necessary to their connections. When a "criticalmass" of iPhones, all demanding excessive amounts of power, are connected to a cell tower, the transmitter runs out of power and begins dropping calls anddegrading data delivery. The 2.0.2 firmware update is said to address this issue via modifications to the power control algorithm.

The source also clarifies that iPhones running 2.0 and 2.0.1 firmware are continuing to cause problems for all users, which explains why many users havereported that connection issues persisted after theyupdated their iPhones. This also explains the advertising push for the 2.0.2 update seen with Apple adding a banner ad to the iPhone App Store and AT&T sending text messages to users encouraging them to update theiriPhones.
"This is one of the reasons why AT&T has been sending text messages to users to persuade them to upgrade to the 2.0.2 software. In amixed environment where users are running 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2, the power control problems of 2.0 and 2.0.1 will affect the 2.0.2 users.

"It is not the network that is fault but the interaction of the bad power control algorithm in 2.0 and 2.0.1 software and the network that is at fault.The sooner everybody is running 2.0.2 software the better things will be. Having seen the graphs the 2.0.2 software has already started to makedifference."
Apple is due to release a software update forthe iPhone in September, but it is not known whether it will include changes to further address the connectivity issues.

Back
Top Bottom