iPhone: Post everything here

Wow.. I've been looking into getting a new case.. youve just sold me on the incase
laugh.gif
~

^^ $150 is GREAT price. You won't be disappointed.

I recently bought a 1st gen iphone and I unlocked and jailbroke it with 2.1.
Now I have Cydia and Installer but I can't access the sources from Installer, only Cydia.
Specifically I can only see content from the RiPDev source despite having other sources listed. Is it not 2.0+ ready?
Also, does anyone have any ideas on how I can exchange my (ahem) lightly used iphone for a better refurbished one at the apple store?

Oh yeah, I think the incase stuff is overated and expensive. Check out SwitchEasy. It'scheaper, provides better coverage and comes in assorted colors. If I had a 3g, I'd cop x2.

So my iphone 3g is jailbroken. I recently upgraded the facebook app via itunes store on my phone, and now, it says "unable to open facebook.app" anyhelp?

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Switcheasy cases > __________
They aight. I find them too bulky. SwitchEasy colors case is cool, might pick some up. $15

alright i need some help im running on 2.0.1 hacked and i cant seem to dl anything from cydia and installer and from the app store it say i need some OS 2.1stuff. is there a new firmware out with clear step by step tutorial for windows?

Originally Posted by jordanb1989

why is my screen turning white at the last step when using winpwn
The last step? As in DFU mode? I need more info.
Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

is $150 for a 1st gen iphone a good deal? in good condition also
GREAT deal. I got mine for $150 and the condition was excellent.

If you have a 3G IPhone, Is a data plan still required to use it? (3g one looks cooler)

Originally Posted by ldea

If you have a 3G IPhone, Is a data plan still required to use it? (3g one looks cooler)
You dont NEED data, but a 3G iPhone is pointless without it.

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

is $150 for a 1st gen iphone a good deal? in good condition also

thats not a bad deal at all... make sure everything works on there before finalizing the deal

Originally Posted by ii2cky

couple quick questions before i JB my phone

i have a 3g 2.0.2

should i update to 2.1 before doing anything?

and whats the easiest/best guide to go thru with this?

(already have itunes
glasses.gif

thanks

EDIT: i found this guide, has anyone use this method?

or are they pretty much all the same
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g-21-firmware-with-quickpwn-21-windows/http://www.iphoneincanada...with-quickpwn-21-windows/
I have 2.1 and I'm gonna try this when I get out of class....I'll let you know if it works...the only thing that looks confusing is thefact you have to put your phone in 'DFU mode'....does anybody on here know how that works?

Why is it that there's group chat for aim on SK, but you got to wait until the update of beejive to get it on here????
This is suppose to be the BEST THING EVER but can't even do that.

if i purchase an incase slider case and i have one of the hip cases. will the iphone fit in the case with the incase slider on?

Originally Posted by non flammable

i have a hacked tmobile phone. how do i get wallpapers? im tired of looking at the globe.

Wallpapers? Just upload any photo you want to your Iphone through Itunes. Then set it as wallpaper. Thats all you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom