iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

So the price of the new Iphone 3g is $199 and $299. So how much is it if I don't sign a 2 year contract? HELP....
good question, i noticed there will be no online shopping for iphone either. its only in store(apple and att) and with activation. good thing in cali uget 30 day trial and u can cancel your account without any ETFs...

I am going to stick with my old my iphone for another as I said before, the new ones are not worth of my 200 bucks just yet.

but what is the word on the Macbooks? i need to upgrade my simple MB, it is beat from traveling and drops lol.

nvm
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by big1236

so if we trade in our old iphones, will we get a little bit of credit for it?
for what? i believe people after a certain date people get a free upgrade (although i dont think they get to keep their old phone and i believe is march 27th but not 100% sure) but everybody else has to fork up the 199 or 299
can someone confirm this.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

for what? i believe people after a certain date people get a free upgrade (although i dont think they get to keep their old phone and i believe is march 27th but not 100% sure) but everybody else has to fork up the 199 or 299
scratch that, i read it wrong. here's what it really said.
Furthermore, it seems that current iPhone owners will be locked into a new 2 year contract if they decide to upgrade to 3G-butif you purchased your iPhone on or before May 27th, you will not have to pay an additional handset charge.

sorry about that
embarassed.gif

Ya any clarification about current users upgrading would be wonderful. I bought the OG iPhone the day it came out last summer, just wondering what I'meligible for here if anything at all.

Then again it might not even be worth my time considering I'm moving to London in August.

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

Jordannb23 why the hell would you want a iphone on prepaid?
laugh.gif
and as a backup phone? I'm sorry that *+* just seems like a complete waste of time and money.

because my deposit is like 500
laugh.gif

I can afford to pay 500 for anat&t contract but i'm really not trying to do that...

How much is the phone gonna be at the apple store? Because I'm guessing that those prices are gonna be from AT&T and with new activations right? Andalso does T-Mobile even have 3G capabilities?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

How much is the phone gonna be at the apple store? Because I'm guessing that those prices are gonna be from AT&T and with new activations right? And also does T-Mobile even have 3G capabilities?

Retail on the 3G iPhone will be $199 for the 8GB and $299 for the 16GB via all channels. Only difference now is that you're going to be required toactivate your phone prior to leaving the store.

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

Jordannb23 why the hell would you want a iphone on prepaid?
laugh.gif
and as a backup phone? I'm sorry that *+* just seems like a complete waste of time and money.

because my deposit is like 500
laugh.gif

I can afford to pay 500 for an at&t contract but i'm really not trying to do that...

A friend has a prepaid iphone because he has a 500 deposit and his bill is always crazy I would suggest getting an unlocked one and using it on tmobileflexpay *****

Has apple always been able to activate phones or is that something new theyre doing to keep the phone strictly on AT&T?

Now I had to pay a new handset fee on June 3rd cause I managed to shatter the screen to my launch 8gig, do you think If I call and make a big enough stink theywill honor the "purchased after May 27th" deal ? My screen was shatterd but phone still worked perfectly and couldn't even feel the cracks on thesurface, I could have just waited and paid the 250+tax for the 3G version.

Damn, should've unlocked mine and put it on ebay to get one of those rape prices...$450 would've easily netted me a new iphone and a cool $250 comeup
smh.gif

I am sure it has been covered somewhere in this thread, but I am not going to find it. Anyone have any experience using an unlocked 8gig iphone with T-Mobile?How does it work for you? Any limitations or anything else I should know about? Any apps that I won't be able to use or that I should look into etc.

Apparantely its gonn be hard to get an unlocked because they make u activate the new one it in store.

We t-mobile users are screwed.

I bought the OG iPhone back in like October and its still under waranty, but I just had it swapped for a new one on May 29th because the antenna in mine wasmessed up. Am I still good to get the free 3G one? Still under warranty btw.

EDIT: Bleh, what I just read in here is different than whats on that site. Is it BEFORE May 27th or AFTER?

Apple is trying to put an end to unlocking by requiring that all new handsets be activated at time of purchase, according to AT&T's President ofNational Distribution Glenn Lurie.

Lurie told Gizmodo that there will be no in-home activation for iPhone 3G-it does require a two-year contract, and it will have to be activated in store (atAT&T or Apple Store), which takes 10-12 minutes, meaning that first day line is going to SUCK. And you will have to camp out, since there won't be anyonline ordering at launch.

Gizmodo is also now reporting that "AT&T and Apple are working on a form of penalty for users who don't activate their iPhone within 30 days ofpurchase." Another obvious attempt at hindering unlockers!

source:http://gizmodo.com/5014764/iphone-3...ta-activated-in-store-only-no-online-ordering

NEED HELP, my unlocked Iphone doesnt have sound anymore. my speakers arent working. if i play the ipod i cant hear anything unless i use my headphone, doesanyone know how to fix this??

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

scratch that, i read it wrong. here's what it really said.
Furthermore, it seems that current iPhone owners will be locked into a new 2 year contract if they decide to upgrade to 3G-butif you purchased your iPhone on or before May 27th, you will not have to pay an additional handset charge.

sorry about that
embarassed.gif

so wait. we get a free iphone? but we are locked in for 2 more years?
im not understanding. because its a trap if we still have to pay 200 + be lockedin for 2 years.
the black back aint worth all that.

Originally Posted by Rayguns05

NEED HELP, my unlocked Iphone doesnt have sound anymore. my speakers arent working. if i play the ipod i cant hear anything unless i use my headphone, does anyone know how to fix this??

that could be a hardware problem, that happened to my friend cus he played stuff too loud, but then it got stolen so
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom