iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Will AT&T have any old iphones??

I would rather have an old than new.. For waaay less than eBay prices..
i believe at&t and apple stopped selling the first gen iphone like a month ago.
dude above me, do you work for reason or just blog for them? them dudes have the worst customer service ever.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Will AT&T have any old iphones??

I would rather have an old than new.. For waaay less than eBay prices..

Check on Craigslist as people are trying to unload theirs at a fairly decent price for the iPhone 3G.

why is everyone trippin off the ID/SSN/Credit card stipulation? its the same thing you gotta have to cop any phone/service plan from AT&T.

credit check, my dudes.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

why is everyone trippin off the ID/SSN/Credit card stipulation? its the same thing you gotta have to cop any phone/service plan from AT&T.

credit check, my dudes.
all you need to buy a phone is money. all you need to upgrade your phone is money. and from what i've read on the apple site, you need all thateven to upgrade your phone.. credit check? i mean,you already have a damn line with them. unless i misread it.. that's what i got from it. if im wrong, myfault.

credit check, my dudes.

word.
AT&T is kinda strict on the signing up process. this aint tmobile
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

credit check, my dudes.
all you need to buy a phone is money. all you need to upgrade your phone is money. and from what i've read on the apple site, you need all that even to upgrade your phone.. credit check? i mean,you already have a damn line with them. unless i misread it.. that's what i got from it. if im wrong, my fault.
word, you're on it. but to access/change any of your account info (like your device/plan) you need your SSN. thats all day/err day.

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

if your iphone is hacked can u still get those applications?

you phone can be hacked and unlocked, but it has to have an AT&T sim card to work. otherwise its going to lock on the activation screen.

some people even said thei unlocked phones bricked. so iono.

i think this is just safe for the official AT&T customers.

but Dev Team jailbroke 2.0 already (a while ago actually) so soon there will be the jailbroken firmware. so everyone with jailbroken phones just be patient i guess.

dont try if you dont have a legit AT&T iphone. no unlocked phones yet. dudes getting this screen:

img1778zr1.jpg

img1779nn1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and im not joking. really, dont do it. only legit aT&T customers with non hacked phones.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
YO! i would no lie cry like a chick... id be soo pissed!

eek.gif
eek.gif

wow they really put a picture of a brick
roll.gif

credit check, my dudes.
all you need to buy a phone is money. all you need to upgrade your phone is money. and from what i've read on the apple site, you need all that even to upgrade your phone.. credit check? i mean,you already have a damn line with them. unless i misread it.. that's what i got from it. if im wrong, my fault.
word, you're on it. but to access/change any of your account info (like your device/plan) you need your SSN. thats all day/err day.
i still think it's stupid. it should have been done the way it was done the first time. u buy the phone, you activate it at home. eff waiting forpeople to activate it for you. plus, how many people are they going to be working on activations? everybody? what about people that want to purchase somethingfrom the store? at&t and apple have OD on how they are treating this phone. only for them to completely change it a month from now.

Originally Posted by just reason

has anyone used Myxer for ringtones yet? i seen a lot of people talk about it but no one verifying how good it is...

i found this site earlier that is GREAT and sooo easy for ringtones... instead of using something already loaded you can actually make your own ringtonesand then put them on itunes automatically... the only problem im having is when i sync my phone again itunes is showing it cant find it on my computer... butits okay because its still on my phone.

http://audiko.net/

enjoy

i still think it's stupid. it should have been done the way it was done the first time. u buy the phone, you activate it at home. eff waiting for people to activate it for you. plus, how many people are they going to be working on activations? everybody? what about people that want to purchase something from the store? at&t and apple have OD on how they are treating this phone. only for them to completely change it a month from now.
It can't be done like it was last time, the phones subsidized now. You act like you can go into any other phone retailer and just buy a phoneon the discounted price. Its only "OD" because its a phone thats in high demand, and its highly unlikely that its gonna change. If it bothers youthat much, you don't need to go get it tomorrow.

dont really have the patience to read through all 70 pages' does anyone know how much it would be just to add unlimited data and internet to your existingphone line?

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

dont really have the patience to read through all 70 pages' does anyone know how much it would be just to add unlimited data and internet to your existing phone line?

the prices are on the AT&T website

credit check, my dudes.
i still think it's stupid. it should have been done the way it was done the first time. u buy the phone, you activate it at home. eff waiting for people to activate it for you. plus, how many people are they going to be working on activations? everybody? what about people that want to purchase something from the store? at&t and apple have OD on how they are treating this phone. only for them to completely change it a month from now.
calm down... if you know of any other service provider that works the way you described then go to them. what we are doing is standard practice. whatother company has ever allowed you to take a phone home to activate? <fred sanford> Lamont, Ya Big Dummy <fred sanford> and we will have extrastaff on hand to take care of the "old people" that still come in to pay bills. in all honesty the rush won't last more than 2 hours cuz everystore will be sold out by then. then its back to regular business, along with the all day calls of people seeing if the phone is still in stock

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Question... my credit is shot so am I ineligible for the new low price?
yes and no.. att will most likely ask for a deposit that will be credited back in a few months. ive read stories of people being asked around 700 for adeposit..

oh yeah. ATT employees.... wussup on the 16 gig? a few of the ATT spots around the way only got the 8 gig. said they didnt know what the deal was.

apple store said its a go on the 16gig, though. is this like a staggerred release or somethin? or dude those spots just suck?

i mean, if you really want it and have cash laying around.. just pay the deposit, it's not like they're taking it away. you get it back in a couple ofmonths (well, credited to your account... u dont get actual cash, atleast I dont think so).. just think of it as you're paying a couple months in advance.i dont think it's worth the trouble.. but that's just me.

Two probably stupid questions:

To get the lower price, do you have to trade in the old phone?

Also, is an old phone technically "unlocked" if its been activated through AT&T? Or well it not work for someone elses SIM?

Back
Top Bottom