iPhone Unnappreciation!

I'm going to start off by saying that I actually loved my iPhone (3Gs).  It performed well, and it was simply awesome.

Until it passed the 1 year mark, and it started giving me trouble.  Luckily, I had a backup BB on deck, old but reliable.  I take the SIM card out of my iPhone switch it to the BB...and walla nothing on the SIM card.

I'm not even mad at the phone crapping out (actually, a little), just that it doesn't have none of my contacts on the SIM card (%@@!?).  I do have some of my recent contacts since it was linked to my Outlook, but now I have to manually input them in the BB
30t6p3b.gif
as opposed to doing automatically with a SIM card.

I've looked online and the best way to do it with an iPhone is to jailbreak it and using iSIM (What kinda #+#! is that?)

Anyway, the iPhone doesn't want to turn on now which leads me to the conclusion that it is the high maintenance diva (always in a case
30t6p3b.gif
), that's unwilling to go the extra mile (...at least until I'm due for a damn upgrade).  While BB is that reliable girl, that isn't exactly "hot" and isn't up to date with what is going on (...wish it had a better browser), but is there for you (BB is over 3 years old, and has taken it's lumps).

Conclusion - I am dissapoint!

My iphone 3g still running (blackup phone) and my iphone 4 hasnt so much as lagged since release date (jailbroken too)

you must have got a bad one or you just suci with phones.

my bold 9700 never froze either, swag. Boring phone though

Probably just got at bad one.

Now I have an expensive USB drive,
laugh.gif

It's giving me second thoughts about scooping up whatever updated version Apple drops this summer though, and has me thinking about the Android.

A $600 phone should last over a year.  (I didn't pay that much since I re-upped on my contract).

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Until it passed the 1 year mark, and it started giving me trouble.  Luckily, I had a backup BB on deck, old but reliable.  I take the SIM card out of my iPhone switch it to the BB...and walla nothing on the SIM card.

Voila?

What exactly is going on? What happens when you try to turn it on?

In regards to the Sim thing the contacts are stored on the HD and you can transfer them to sim through the iPhone settings.

Probably just got at bad one.

Now I have an expensive USB drive,
laugh.gif

It's giving me second thoughts about scooping up whatever updated version Apple drops this summer though, and has me thinking about the Android.

A $600 phone should last over a year.  (I didn't pay that much since I re-upped on my contract).

You probably got a bad one, i've had two iphones and they've been tanks. Never had issues with either one of them. Think about the amount of iphones apple makes, of course some of them will have an issue here and there.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Voila?
You are right,
laugh.gif
.  This frustration has clouded my vocabulary. 
mad.gif

n regards to the Sim thing the contacts are stored on the HD and you can transfer them to sim through the iPhone settings.
You can import, you can't export.

You probably got a bad one, i've had two iphones and they've been tanks. Never had issues with either one of them. Think about the amount of iphones apple makes, of course some of them will have an issue here and there.
My girl and I got ours at the same time.  Hers is still going strong, mine crapped out.  Then again, I use mine a lot for work and for leisure (browsing NT
laugh.gif
).

Blackberrys are mad boring.
Yes they are
ohwell.gif
.  However, the one thing Apple can't match is reliability and battery life. 

I don't even care that much about the phone, I will just get a new one when I'm up for an upgrade in June.  I just want my damn contacts, when I switched the SIM, it pissed me off.

I have all of my contacts, either in Outlook or iTunes, but having to manually input them in the BB...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Aww, don't hate on the Iphone!
laugh.gif
  Just got an Iphone 4 and I'm loving mine.

haters_gonna_hate.gif

J/K, but really, maybe you just got a defective one?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Voila?
You are right,
laugh.gif
.  This frustration has clouded my vocabulary. 
mad.gif

n regards to the Sim thing the contacts are stored on the HD and you can transfer them to sim through the iPhone settings.
You can import, you can't export.

My girl and I got ours at the same time.  Hers is still going strong, mine crapped out.  Then again, I use mine a lot for work and for leisure (browsing NT
laugh.gif
).

Blackberrys are mad boring.
Yes they are
ohwell.gif
.  However, the one thing Apple can't match is reliability and battery life. 

I don't even care that much about the phone, I will just get a new one when I'm up for an upgrade in June.  I just want my damn contacts, when I switched the SIM, it pissed me off.

I have all of my contacts, either in Outlook or iTunes, but having to manually input them in the BB...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

nah, you're 100 percent right.  I had a blackberry prior to getting iphone 4, and that battery lasts forever lol.  Very reliable as well, but stayed in pocket most of the day..

Batteries on the blackberry last forever cause the web browser on it is trash. Lack of use=good battery life. Did you ever sync the phone in itunes, it usually makes a backup of your contacts when you sync it.

i had to get my 3G replaced twice.  the genius bar said the processor burned out.  not sure if it was because i used the phone too much.

I'm confused here. So your 3GS failed to last you a year, but you got a discount on it because of an contract renewal. Did you buy the 3GS last year when the i4 released?

Now you're willing to pay full retail on a new phone since you're not eligible for an upgrade anymore....

You should have copped mobile me you idiot, dont blame the phone, blame yourself for not properly backing up ur data.

Anyway, google OTA Contactas....numbers,emails, photos, soon to be music saved to your gmail account.

This works on all mobile platforms, you just need to know how to use it.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

You should have copped mobile me you idiot, dont blame the phone, blame yourself for not properly backing up ur data.

Anyway, google OTA Contactas....numbers,emails, photos, soon to be music saved to your gmail account.

This works on all mobile platforms, you just need to know how to use it.
The contacts are backed up automatically in his back ups. He can use the back up extractor to extract the contacts from the back up file.

Everybody I know with a BB said they suck. My girl has a Bold and it is ***. I loved my iPhone 3G until the update. I got the iPhone 4 shortly after. It is the best phone I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom