Ipod or Zune

I was plan getting an ipod, but it's something about the zune that fascinates me. Which one do you think is better?

dude talking about getting a **%* ing Zune
roll.gif

I have both. Zune quality is UNMATCHED. Well, the 30GB Zune quality is. the 120 GIG (or w/e the amount is now) sound was not even on par with it. Definitely gowith the Zune for the sound quality.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

dude talking about getting a **%* ing Zune
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
have u seen the zune hd. if you really dont careabout apps and use it for music and videos. get the zune.
pimp.gif

Jailbroken iPod>>Zune, but for just music & videos i'd go with something like the Cowon S9, best sound quality I've ever heard on a portabledevice. If only it had wifi

I was looking to buy a new mp3 player myself and I debated for about two weeks on whether to pick up the zune HD or the new 3g touch. I finally settled on a32gb touch and I must say I love it. My primary thing was music and great sound quality but I've been so surprised with how much fun I've had with theapps. The apps really are a deal breaker they add so many more features to ur mp3 player. I'm on my touch right now!

I was looking to buy a new mp3 player myself and I debated for about two weeks on whether to pick up the zune HD or the new 3g touch. I finally settled on a32gb touch and I must say I love it. My primary thing was music and great sound quality but I've been so surprised with how much fun I've had with theapps. The apps really are a deal breaker they add so many more features to ur mp3 player. I'm on my touch right now!

Due to apps, the iPod touch wins. If you say &^(* all that app $#!+, then Zunes will probably be better for you because it has better sound quality, and aMP3 web browser second to only the iTouch/iPhone's Safari browser.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by airforce416

Jailbroken iPod>>Zune

This.

- yall be killing me with these jailbroken Ipod comments
smh.gif
. from the owner of a modded XBOX and PSP not everyone is comfortable preforming modifications likethese.

- i mean, we're talking about a message board full of people who cant even figure out how to post pics or embed video properly. oh, so they're justsupposed to buy an Ipod and jailbreak it just like that huh?

i havent had a chance to play with the new zune hd but the software used to load songs onto it is hot garbage. if you are already invested in the iTunesecosystem, i would get the ipod. unless u wanna migrate and have no need to apps.web browser.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Jailbroken iPod>>Zune

This.

smh.gif
. from the owner of a modded XBOX and PSP not everyone is comfortable preforming modifications like these.

- i mean, we're talking about a message board full of people who cant even figure out how to post pics or embed video properly. oh, so they're just supposed to buy an Ipod and jailbreak it just like that huh?
Its really not that hard to jailbreak & if they cant do it by themselves for some reason they could just pay someone to do it for them. Cantbe more then 10, 20 bucks. All the customizations, free games, emulators for gba, snes, etc, and some useful apps make it all worth it.

In terms of actual music playing, Zunehd > Ipod anything hands down. There's no eq setting on the Ipod that gives you a comparable sound to the ZuneHDon flat.

I was thinking about this myself.

I already have a perfectly normal 60 gig ipod...problem is, I have over 70 gigs of music on my pc.

Since I do a lot of traveling, I want something with a larger screen because I hate watching videos on my classic.

Now I'm considering an ipod touch or HD Zune...but I'm open to any other portable players that are out there on the market.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Jailbroken iPod>>Zune

This.

smh.gif
. from the owner of a modded XBOX and PSP not everyone is comfortable preforming modifications like these.

- i mean, we're talking about a message board full of people who cant even figure out how to post pics or embed video properly. oh, so they're just supposed to buy an Ipod and jailbreak it just like that huh?
Its really not that hard to jailbreak & if they cant do it by themselves for some reason they could just pay someone to do it for them. Cant be more then 10, 20 bucks. All the customizations, free games, emulators for gba, snes, etc, and some useful apps make it all worth it.

- sure, its not that hard (for you and me). but we both know how people unfamiliar with electronics or computer software act when it comes to learning aboutit. im not saying its difficult, people are just lazy, especially when it comes to computer software. i wouldnt reccomend a modded anything to someone thathasnt modded something before.
- matter of fact, i forgot, just because you can mod something doesnt mean you can repair it if you mess the software up either
ohwell.gif
. just saying.....

......oh and
Originally Posted by AntOne209

ipod...like the rest of the world.

- generally? people are stupid. and consumers are sheep
ohwell.gif

- ive always been a tech guy. and for the simple fact that you pointed out would deter me from buying one and at the very least seeking a better or equalalternative. i dont own an Ipod or Zune.....or anyother MP3 player. but i have had my eye on Archos products for some time now.......

Audiophiles aside, what percent of the general public will actually notice the Zune's sound quality???

I do, I've had both Zune(8 gig) and Ipod(80 gig)

my next purchase will DEFINITELY be a Zune of some sort, the Zune just takes a total dump on the ipod + itunes software, not to mention my ipod crashes everytime I try to sync it, and when I can successfully sync it, it takes forever

Ur guess is just as good as mine OP, I have a $40 phillips mp3 player. Holds 4gb, use it for what I need to use it for, music or even voice recording

Back
Top Bottom