iPod Touch + Blackberry VS. iPhone

Right now I have a Blackberry Curve on AT&T and am in the midst of getting an iPod Touch. I'm also considering getting an iPhone because it would kill2 birds with one stone and eliminate the idea of carrying around both a phone and iPod.

The problem I see in getting an iPhone is that if I lose it, I lose not only my phone but music, apps, pics, etc., not to mention there's no insurance foran iPhone. Saw 3 friends lose/break their iPhone over Thanksgiving weekend and I don't wanna fall into the same predicament.

Is the iPhone really a step up, specs and capability-wise, from the iPod Touch or are they basically the same minus the Touch not having the capability to actas a phone?

I have the Blackberry + iPod touch combo and Im happy with it. Although juggling two devices in your hand is annoying after a while. But yea why are you soconcerned about losing pics and music and all that? Isnt it backed up on your computer?

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Why not just get a new blackberry with a 16 or 32 gig sd card?
Im not sure how the blackberry set up as far as the music player is. But I have a TP2 and I dont like the way the media player is set up as far asorganizing songs on the Media Card. The whole media card thing is kinda eh.. to me.

But in OPs case I dont see why you wouldnt go with the Iphone unless you really like the BB keyboard since your already on ATT. Then you could just sell meyour touch on the cheap.

The other difference between the Touch and the iPhone is the use of data. You can use the data service whenever on the iPhone, but only when connected to wifion te Touch. Also, if you're that worried about losing/damaging your iPhone you're better off choosing a different divice.

shouldn't the same concern losing the iphone remain for the ipod touch ? The same risk are involved either way.

Originally Posted by mrXdaboss

shouldn't the same concern losing the iphone remain for the ipod touch ? The same risk are involved either way.
but he will still have all his contacts and capability of using his cellphone...where as if he had an iPhone...he'd be screwed out of music +phone...

I say Berry + iTouch
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Great post OP.. I was thinking about the same thing..
Yeah I'm in the same predicament now, I was leaning toward the BB because I use my touch religiously for music,apps, and etc and I know thatwould destroy my battery life on the iPhone

I'm sort of in the same predicament, but my set up is the ipod classic 160 gig + BB Curve vs the iphone (just copped Black Friday, have 30 days to test itout)

I'm leaning towards just keeping my BB/ipod set up and returning the iphone.

If I could get an iphone with a data only plan then that would be perfect...as a phone, it's really not impressive at all.
I can't hear the ringer, AT&T plans are pricey (I was on Sprint, and unlimited mobile to mobile
pimp.gif
) and the 3G network is all over the place (network goes in and out)

Not really knocking the iphone, but it doesn't really suit my needs like the BB does.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Why not just get a new blackberry with a 16 or 32 gig sd card?

It depends what OS he has. If the OS is old and he puts in a memory card with too much memory in, the OS won't be able to handle it and it'll lag,freeze, and/or crash.

just get the iphone and be responsible and take care of your %*%.

blackberry os is bomb, but it's not that great for media. go with the iphone.

android user here :tongue:

i say do what mos comfortable for you.
if you are fine with carrying two devices, then i suggest having a berry + ipod if you are really comfortable with your phone right now.
but if you want everything in one device, and you want the features of the itouch, then i say just get an iphone.

I must be the only person who never listens to music on their phone
laugh.gif
that is not a deal breaker for me

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I must be the only person who never listens to music on their phone
laugh.gif
that is not a deal breaker for me

Seriously...I have 2 phones. But I have way too much music to even put on the iPhone that I like to have @ all times. So unless they make a 64GB or moreiphone I will always have an ipod. Plus all that use kills your phone. The iphone battery life is horrible.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i say do what mos comfortable for you.
if you are fine with carrying two devices, then i suggest having a berry + ipod if you are really comfortable with your phone right now.
but if you want everything in one device, and you want the features of the itouch, then i say just get an iphone.
Agreed.

For me, I've been carrying my music and phone separately forever, so it really isn't a big deal to me. Ideally, I would have one device that met allmy phone needs plus had my music, didn't kill my battery, and held all my music. But right now that device doesn't exist, and I don't want aniPhone which comes the closest.

The iPhone's battery life is not good enough to be BOTH a multi-media device and a phone WITHOUT youhaving to recharge a few times daily. Is why I have a 32GB Touch and a BB 9700 Bold II.

ive been doing a 32 GB touch and a Curve for a couple years now, no complaints at all I love it

that being said, I'm not ready to tell you thats the way you should go. iphone is on point when it comes to being a multimedia phone in most facets

In this case, I'm going to have to go the Ipod/BB setup. Like the poster above me said, the battery life of the Iphone isn't sufficient to supporttexting, calling, music, internet, games, and anything else for extended periods of time. With the bb/ipod setup you have a phone with keyboard and you have adedicated music device.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

u people who use 1 device for everything never have battery issues?

yea i thought so...
Not at all. I play the music on my iPhone for my entire shift of 8 hours and still have at least 75% by the time I go home. The only way yourbattery becomes toasted is if you're spending that much free time playing games, browsing the net and playing music at the same time. That would kill thebattery life on any phone, the iPhone ain't alone in that man
laugh.gif

For the OP, why would you want to carry more than one device all the time? Especially if you're worried about losing it

Back
Top Bottom