iPod Touch + Blackberry VS. iPhone

Besides, of you are like me and use your MP3 device in your car, it is better to do it with a DEDICATEDdevice like the Touch so you don't have to worry about phone calls coming through while you have it connected to your car.

When I do my workouts I just wouldn't feel right using an iPhone as my MP3 device, anyway the Touch is a lot moresleek.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

u people who use 1 device for everything never have battery issues?

yea i thought so...
Not at all. I play the music on my iPhone for my entire shift of 8 hours and still have at least 75% by the time I go home. The only way your battery becomes toasted is if you're spending that much free time playing games, browsing the net and playing music at the same time. That would kill the battery life on any phone, the iPhone ain't alone in that man
laugh.gif

For the OP, why would you want to carry more than one device all the time? Especially if you're worried about losing it

Actually the BB's have pretty amazing battery life, especially the 9700 Bold. PLUS you canhave extra batteries because they are ummm, yeah removable and replaceable.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yea i thought so...
i can listen to my music all day, text, surf the web, and use my apps for the entire day and my phones battery will be around 70%
its when you watch videos and go on youtube that kills battery life.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Having ONE device for all your phone/text/internet/music needs FTW.. Carrying two devices
tired.gif
this
I always prefer to have my music player and phone separate

plus its seems the ipod touch has the majority of things ppl wanted the iphone for anyways imo

Besides, of you are like me and use your MP3 device in your car, it is better to do it with a DEDICATED device like the Touch so you don't have to worry about phone calls coming through while you have it connected to your car.
co-sign

I have blackberry, because its amazing for emails, and reliable when it comes to apps. Its faster for 3G, maps/GPS/Great keyboard/BBM/

and then i have my touch for entertainment.

I couldn't choose between the two.. so i have both
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Having ONE device for all your phone/text/internet/music needs FTW.. Carrying two devices
tired.gif
this
Yea until u chew the battery life up on that one device. We all know that the batteries of today are a lot weaker wit the whole slim is betterattitude w/ phones

i have an iphone and a classic...

i use the classic for work since we cant have our phones in the room...

i phone everywhere else including the car...

my classic is 120G so its just my back up of music so if my computer crashes i'll just re up it on my computer...

If you are on AT&T and don't have an iphone you already fail.... just eliminate both and go with the iphone.... dont listen to people saying it drainsthe battery life from your phone... music takes up the least battery what so ever

i have a blackberry 8900 + ipod nano setup. i find this way easier to use especially since the only time i use the ipod for music is when im not home andlistening to music while using ym phone for calls and texting feels weird to me. plus the blackberry has pandora ( i dont know if iphone does) but this app hasme barely even using my ipod

its the internet that kills the battery...i can talk and be straight but once i hop on the internet i just watch it drain...you will def. have to keep acharger handy if you get an iphone...

i just keep my cord in the car and use my ihome to charge my phone in the house...

Am I the only person that doesn't like BB web browsing? On my touch pro and treo I would browse easily, but on a BB I have to scroll zoom in and out and ittakes forever.

Alot of ya'll _'s must be in the Christmas spirit cause there was good feedback without any bull !@%#. Appreciate that.

Mind's made up: 'Bout to grab that Touch and scrap the iPhone idea.

What sold me was the discussion about battery life, especially since I use my phone heavily for work and also listen to music religiously. I'm also not abig fan of touch screen usage for text/email creations and love my Blackberry keypad.

Does the Touch pick up WiFi pretty easily or is it a hassle to connect? The positive to the iPhone is that browsing the web is 10x easier than on a BlackberryCurve, but having a Touch with the same capabilities takes care of that dilemma.

and the people who say they listen to music 8 hours straight and their battery is at 70% are full of it... im sorry... ud have to have ur phone in flight mode or somethin...
No, I just use it to listen to music and make phone calls. Anything else like browsing the net, I have a computer at my desk for that. So 70% ispretty accurate. Browsing the net and watching videos drains the battery way faster than playing music with the phone on standby does. It's really not thathard to comprehend.
grin.gif

I feel yall on having a separate mp3 for the car though. That makes a lot more sense, than having your music cut out when you get a call.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i have a blackberry 8900 + ipod nano setup. i find this way easier to use especially since the only time i use the ipod for music is when im not home and listening to music while using ym phone for calls and texting feels weird to me. plus the blackberry has pandora ( i dont know if iphone does) but this app has me barely even using my ipod
Realtalk. Pandora and WunderRadio keep me from copping a touch everytime I get the urge. Ill end up caving one day just so I can have all my musicfrom home. But I use Wunder to listen to hot97 and when I dont feel like listening to the radio i just turn on a Pandora playlist and its just endless music.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Alot of ya'll _'s must be in the Christmas spirit cause there was good feedback without any bull !+%%. Appreciate that.

What sold me was the discussion about battery life, especially since I use my phone heavily for work and also listen to music religiously. I'm also not a big fan of touch screen usage for text/email creations and love my Blackberry keypad.

Does the Touch pick up WiFi pretty easily or is it a hassle to connect? The positive to the iPhone is that browsing the web is 10x easier than on a Blackberry Curve, but having a Touch with the same capabilities takes care of that dilemma.

Listening to music all day hardly kills the battery... trust me it uses up hardly anything...and for the net going with the touch is only for wifi so that kindof sucks sometime.... but to each his own good luck with whatever phone

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Alot of ya'll _'s must be in the Christmas spirit cause there was good feedback without any bull !+%%. Appreciate that.

What sold me was the discussion about battery life, especially since I use my phone heavily for work and also listen to music religiously. I'm also not a big fan of touch screen usage for text/email creations and love my Blackberry keypad.

Does the Touch pick up WiFi pretty easily or is it a hassle to connect? The positive to the iPhone is that browsing the web is 10x easier than on a Blackberry Curve, but having a Touch with the same capabilities takes care of that dilemma.

Listening to music all day hardly kills the battery... trust me it uses up hardly anything...and for the net going with the touch is only for wifi so that kind of sucks sometime.... but to each his own good luck with whatever phone

music and talking is straight...its the internet that drains it...

What are the odds of you really breaking/losing the phone? I mean, if you're that concerned pay the $3/month for insurance or come to the realization thatmaybe you weren't meant to have a phone lol.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

What are the odds of you really breaking/losing the phone? I mean, if you're that concerned pay the $3/month for insurance or come to the realization that maybe you weren't meant to have a phone lol.
AT&T insurance doesn't cover iPhones. You don't lose it and pay $50 to get a new one like you would with any other AT&T phone. You have to pay full to get another if anything happens to it.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I have the Blackberry + iPod touch combo and Im happy with it. Although juggling two devices in your hand is annoying after a while. But yea why are you so concerned about losing pics and music and all that? Isnt it backed up on your computer?
This.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

yea i thought so...
Not at all. I play the music on my iPhone for my entire shift of 8 hours and still have at least 75% by the time I go home. The only way your battery becomes toasted is if you're spending that much free time playing games, browsing the net and playing music at the same time. That would kill the battery life on any phone, the iPhone ain't alone in that man
laugh.gif

For the OP, why would you want to carry more than one device all the time? Especially if you're worried about losing it

Actually the BB's have pretty amazing battery life, especially the 9700 Bold. PLUS you can have extra batteries because they are ummm, yeah removable and replaceable.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but the bold isnt a media phone like the iphone is. if the bold had all of the games/apps/ipod/movieplayer like the iphone does, you'd becharging your batteries just like us.

and its no mystery why the iphone's batter lasts all day while listening ot music. to those who are having a hard time grasping the concept of the phone,its and IPOD and a PHONE
laugh.gif

of course it would be good at battery life when playing music all day. thats its main focus aside from making phone calls.

but OP good decision, AT&T doesnt replace iphones
smh.gif

definitely get apple care on your ipod though.

Back
Top Bottom