Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

Marvel isn't Sony or Fox, for the most part Marvel knows how to execute. I mean we already saw Thanos, he isn't going to be a cloud or Topher Grace. Whedon also knows what he is doing, he is a comic book geek and I doubt he'll massacre Thanos the way Venom, Galactu and Mandarin have been portrayed.

Anything is plausible of course but I just thought you have a solid info that says he is saved for A3. I mean Venom & Galactus being crap is no indication Thanos won't be in A2. I mean GotG has the Collector as the main villain, who also has a strong connection to Thanos, which could easily connect to them being in A2 to bring Thanos down.

My guess, I think he will be in A2 but probably not have the biggest part but still more than just a quick cameo he had in A1. Marvel seems to be planning this whole franchise for decades to come so I wouldn't be surprised if none of it ends at phase 3. The upcoming movies before A2 seems to be affected by the events of the Avengers film and in A2, Thanos will have his hand which will affect the individual movies in phase 3 and may conclude with Thanos in A3 where a new villain will be introduced or tease a new plan by Thanos. These are all guesses and they could easily put Thanos in A2 w/o a problem, they do not even have to beat him.

I don't mind Thanos being built up to be the bad guy in Avengers 2. I don't see him getting past that since this whole Phase 2 is gonna lead up to him in A2. And since Ant-Man is kicking off Phase 3, I think Ultron would be ill and since he's one of the Avenger's biggest threats in their history, he could work perfectly. I know he's not "in" as far as mainstream favorite villains go, but I really think it could be something pretty epic.

I don't mind Thanos being built up to be the bad guy in Avengers 2. I don't see him getting past that since this whole Phase 2 is gonna lead up to him in A2. And since Ant-Man is kicking off Phase 3, I think Ultron would be ill and since he's one of the Avenger's biggest threats in their history, he could work perfectly. I know he's not "in" as far as mainstream favorite villains go, but I really think it could be something pretty epic.

Ultron would be perfect! I mean how many people actually knew who thanos was before avengers. I even heard some effin lame say "hellboy, aww man!" in the theatre and seemed so sure of himself when he said it too smh but regardless I really hope they don't mess up the mad Titan for avengers 2. I would've preferred avengers 2 to be infinity gauntlet and just have an all out who's who in the marvel univ. squaring up but those dang movie rights. Regardless thanos, whenever he appears on screen for more than 10 sec needs to steal the film and be everything we want him to be. And random comment: My thanos in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is so sick! We need him in Ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3!!!!

I forgot about Ultron I only remember him from a Ninitendo game I had. I didn't read Avengers comics.

Can someone tell me why he didn't take Extremis from Maya and change it? Extremis is one of my favorite Iron Man comics. He didn't even take it, but her had it's features? C'mon now.

OMG you guys are crazy I LOVED this movie. really entertaining and enjoyable. I welcomed that old school comic book movie feel where its not all dark and not too serious.

The mandarin twist was HILLARIOUS :lol: This dude should have played Arthur in the remake not Russell Brand...

I love the humor in the movie. Some things went on borderline corny but didnt cross the line.

Try not to think too hard about things. After all we are guys. This is a guy flick not an oscar nominee...

one thing is for sure i am never paying for a marvel 3d movie again.

that star trek into darkness 3d trailer though :wow:

if star wars is anything like that holy crap please let me live to see those movies :wow:

WHY WAS STEPHANIE STOZIACK SOME RANDOM CHICK THAT GOT INFECTED WITH EXTREMIS AND NOT JANET VAN DYNE A.K.A WASP?!?!? My goodness the potential this movie had and wasted!

Saw this a couple hours ago and it was terrible. Such a huge let down. And the scene after the trailer was the icing on the cake. Felt like a huge slap in the face waiting all that time for the credits to finish just to see that waste of a scene.

apparently u didnt see the end credits scene in the avengers. that made this scene seem a billion times better

I Forgot where i read about Thanos being the main villain in Avengers 3 but If they did somehow make him the main villain in Avengers 2..who can be the villain after Thanos?

He is the " Main " villain imo.

The film isn't an Oscar nominee but the film better be ready to get flack if they disgrace a comic book character with a loyal fanbase. Hard to really not think much about it when I came to see Mandarin and he turns out to be just a giant joke. I've been waiting for Mandarin since IM1.

I mean all the suits got the fans excited but we barely saw them. The end could have been so epic with all the suits but I had no idea which suit was which. They were flying around and getting destroyed way too quickly. They were practically useless in the film, they could have just made 40 duplicates of the Mark 42 and the movie would leave me feeling the same way.

Movie-wise, you really have to not be a comic book fan to like it or not even call it IronMan since Tony Stark did more of his s**t on his own. The suits got very little shine as I posted above, it was wasted. Also felt like a cop out that they can easily reverse the Extremis off of Potts, I mean really all that thing that happened and with a flick of a finger it was for nothing.

I could keep going with what was just done wrong in the film but most have already been said.

Entertaining film, yes due to action, but so was the last 2 Transformers film at least those showed off the robots instead of just having Shia run around for 2 hours. Those films I go in w/o expecting much, you hire a hot chick to run with actors who barely run lines and just watch things explode. In IM, I watch for more than that but even with the suits, we didn't get much in this film considering how many Stark had in the film.

Saw this a couple hours ago and it was terrible. Such a huge let down. And the scene after the trailer was the icing on the cake. Felt like a huge slap in the face waiting all that time for the credits to finish just to see that waste of a scene.

apparently u didnt see the end credits scene in the avengers. that made this scene seem a billion times better

Shawarma eating > talking to Banner.

And the end credit for Avengers really is Thanos, shawarma was just a little bonus.

no I didn't see it. I only seen the Thanos scene because I thought that was the only end credit scene after the avenegers so I left the theater.

I Forgot where i read about Thanos being the main villain in Avengers 3 but If they did somehow make him the main villain in Avengers 2..who can be the villain after Thanos?

He is the " Main " villain imo.

As stated above, Ultron is a good follow up villain. Marvel actually has a new arc called Age of Ultron, which can start introducing him to the new fans.

Marvel also got a new arc for Thanos, Thanos Rising that started last month. I figure that is also to introduce him to new Marvels fans so they have a background when he finally appears in A2/A3.

As for other villains, there is Kang and Skrull.

The film isn't an Oscar nominee but the film better be ready to get flack if they disgrace a comic book character with a loyal fanbase. Hard to really not think much about it when I came to see Mandarin and he turns out to be just a giant joke. I've been waiting for Mandarin since IM1.

I mean all the suits got the fans excited but we barely saw them. The end could have been so epic with all the suits but I had no idea which suit was which. They were flying around and getting destroyed way too quickly. They were practically useless in the film, they could have just made 40 duplicates of the Mark 42 and the movie would leave me feeling the same way.

Movie-wise, you really have to not be a comic book fan to like it or not even call it IronMan since Tony Stark did more of his s**t on his own. The suits got very little shine as I posted above, it was wasted. Also felt like a cop out that they can easily reverse the Extremis off of Potts, I mean really all that thing that happened and with a flick of a finger it was for nothing.

I could keep going with what was just done wrong in the film but most have already been said.

Entertaining film, yes due to action, but so was the last 2 Transformers film at least those showed off the robots instead of just having Shia run around for 2 hours. Those films I go in w/o expecting much, you hire a hot chick to run with actors who barely run lines and just watch things explode. In IM, I watch for more than that but even with the suits, we didn't get much in this film considering how many Stark had in the film.

all three transformers movies were terrible... beyond horrible...

So who will they put in A2 if Thanos is being saved for A3?

I think A3 and Ultron would be pretty good because Ultron tears **** up lol..
But at the same time.. Thanos seems so like unmeasurably strong. So maybe he should be the A3, and grand finale, villain.

You need the Ant Man movie before an Ultron set up imo. However, knowing Hollywood they couldn't care less. Thanos would observe the Avengers' resolve while fighting and defeating Ultron all the while approaching Earth for the final battle.

You need the Ant Man movie before an Ultron set up imo. However, knowing Hollywood they couldn't care less. Thanos would observe the Avengers' resolve while fighting and defeating Ultron all the while approaching Earth for the final battle.

Like I said above, Ant-Man is already confirmed to be the first movie after Avengers 2, so the setup would be absolutely perfect. Make it happen, Marvel :D

Last edited:

Like I said above, Ant-Man is already confirmed to be the first movie after Avengers 2, so the setup would be absolutely perfect. Make it happen, Marvel :D

The movie is set to come out Nov 6, 2015: http://screenrant.com/ant-man-2015-release-date/

1365583406_antman.gif
ant-man-movie-logo.jpg

Last edited:
Review: Iron Man 3
---------------------------------

Five years ago when Robert Downey Jr. was cast was Tony Stark it was the signaling of his rebirth. Battling alcohol and drug addiction, Downey Jr. Was spiraling out of control. Getting the nod to play Iron Man was a wake up call and a memo to Hollywood that he was someone a studio could get behind. 2008 saw the first installment of Marvel's dominance as Iron Man came to life created a great origin story. Unfortunately the 2010 sequel was less then mediocre and left a bad taste in the mouths of those that believed in the Tony Stark enterprise. Three years later the third film is here with a new director (Shane Black), some new faces and even more new gadgets for Stark to play with.

It's no secret that Tony Stark is my favorite of the Marvel characters. He's bold, witty, a genius and hilarious. Downey Jr. plays the character perfectly, to the point that replacing him in the iron suit would be the tallest of tasks.

Iron Man 3 sees a more humanized version of Tony Stark. Plagued by night terrors and anxiety of what happened in New York, a new threat is imminent as The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) is terrorizing the world. With his sights set on the President of the United States, Stark takes charge seeking to bring justice after Happy is put in a coma at the hands of one of Mandarin's goons.

Unfortunately the third and possible final Iron Man installment is a colossal mess, riddled with plot holes and nonsensical action scenes. The film suffers from a poorly written script, lack of creativity and a laughable "twist" with Mandarin's character. Downey Jr. has hinted that he can't see himself play Iron Man much longer so if this is the way the franchise is going out, they're going out with, not a bang, but an inaudible poof.

We’re introduced to Tony again who, as always, is knee deep in his work. Tony’s insomnia has led him to make more suits, ones that are controlled telepathically, he has built a lot of suits, to the point it’s ruining his relationship with Pepper Potts. The fallout from the last two films along with The Avengers have taken a toll on Stark, as Pepper Potts (Gwyenth Paltrow) is in charge of the Stark business, while he focuses solely on the “Iron Man” business. In a flashback to New Years 1999 we see Stark at a party in Switzerland with Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall) who is pitching her idea for advancement in brain monitoring when a fan of Stark’s, Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) interrupts. Professing his admiration for Stark and all his work, he asks for a moment with Stark to share his thoughts on a new idea. Killian is crippled man, disheveled and homely so Stark brushes him away, of course he now holds a grudge.

Fast forward to present day Killian is a mad scientist behind a massive corporation called “AIM” that is responsible for a form of rejuvenation of the human body that in some cases makes them superhuman and invincible, a technology The Mandarin fancies. As chaos ensues the President becomes target number one, Colonel James Rhodes (Don Cheadle) has been rebranded from “War Machine” to “Iron Patriot”, painted red, white and blue and first in line to protect POTUS from evil. In this third film he and Iron Man will work together to try and rid the world of The Mandarin but this is a job unlike any they have seen before.

Iron Man 3 really is all about Tony Stark, the man in and out of the suit. Tony has always been the genius billionaire inventor who has used his brain to thwart evil but he is now a fragile person who is up against a terrorist that isn’t scared.

At 130 minutes a film that lacks pizzazz no matter how long will feel overbearing but Iron Man 3 is the longest of the series and you’ll notice. I found myself looking at my watch a few times wondering when it would be over. There is nothing wrong with long films, most of the superhero films are over two hours but because of the lack of excitement throughout the film you really don’t get bang for your buck in terms of run time.

Black does a good job of setting up Mandarin as a viable threat but drops the ball right after as characters surrounding the plot come in and out of the picture for long periods of time. Yes, the focus is always on Tony and his process, but after the dud that was Iron Man 2 with such a garbage villain in Mickey Rourke, there was real potential here that wasn’t executed properly. But that is the theme for Black throughout the entire film. Focus shifts from Killian to Hansen to the Extremis project to the kid (Ty Simpkins) who helps Tony while he is in remote Tennessee. It’s frustrating to keep up with, and while it’s not complicated it’s simply not fluid and that’s all a superhero film needs to be.

Like Tony inside his many new suits he’s trying to work the kinks out of, the film is at times a massive malfunction. Shane Black took over for Jon Favreau after working with Downey Jr. in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang citing chemistry and experience with the actor. We’re introduced to a new villain who at first broadcasts attacks in the middle east and other parts of the world randomly as a threat to America. Once the attacks start on American soil everything changes. Action sequences jump quickly yet take time to develop over the two hour run time. There are a few twists in the film, ones you certainly won’t expect, ones that aren’t really common place in a superhero film, and one involving The Mandarin that is one of the most asinine you’ll ever see, which led me to question Kingsley’s motives prior to accepting the role.

Iron Man 3 simply put, is a gargantuan pile of broken, unorganized shrapnel that comes crashing down like one of Tony Stark’s malfunctioning suits. I for one hope this is the last of the franchise as they have screwed the pooch twice now. The film is sloppy, without direction and suffers from far too many undeveloped ideas that made it feel like a bland action film, rather then a superhero showcase.

It is undoubtedly the biggest disappointment of 2013 thus far.

Rating: D

Ant man really????
Couldn't we get a carnage movie for villains
Or maybe a xforce movie
Hell I would watch another captain America movie before this...

Back
Top Bottom