Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

Originally Posted by Master Zik

If more ppl go to your concerts and shows overseas, you make more money. So if you sell out more overseas than in the states it's easy to see which is the better income after you convert it to USD.

laugh.gif
Well what happens when you perform somewhere in Nigeria? You're losing money since their dollar isn't worth as much as the US dollar. That's why I think that argument is dumb and played out. Granted, some countries dollar is worth more than ours but its irrelevant. No one here knows what an artist is getting paid overseas. I don't even know why money even comes up in this forum since none of us see these rappers money but every time Wu Tang and Fif is brought up it comes into play for some reason.

Originally Posted by flossb15

that houston concert was 40% filled and holds 3000 max

tickets i hear were 45 dollars
If Fif can't pack the Arena Theater that dude can't pack up a Mcdonalds bathroom.

as someone who gets talent to his city - that argument is not 100% valid

right now raekwon demands 8-10K a show FACT, plus travel and a certain demand list

if London wanted him - he would get the same amount but of course travel and living expense is more do to overseas, BUT that doesnt change his or determine his initial fee which must be agreed upon and paid half up front before the contract is signed

Now what is a factor is how many cities can an artist book as close together when hey do shows away from home

EX) people love coming to TX/Louisiana or Cali alone because they can fit 4 to 5 cities in their schedule for same paid rate, with little travel and jetlag to their body - whereas most shows take time to develop and to get 4 paying shows you would have to go to four different states to get four good cities with your crowd and same pay

roll.gif
@ 50 Cent can sell out stadiums
what US stadium?? He had to cancel a show in VA (right next to my school) cause none wanted them damn tickets...and we only seat about 10K
roll.gif

right now raekwon demands 8-10K a show FACT, plus travel and a certain demand list

if London wanted him - he would get the same amount but of course travel and living expense is more do to overseas, BUT that doesnt change his or determine his initial fee which must be agreed upon and paid half up front before the contract is signed

Now what is a factor is how many cities can an artist book as close together when hey do shows away from home

EX) people love coming to TX/Louisiana or Cali alone because they can fit 4 to 5 cities in their schedule for same paid rate, with little travel and jetlag to their body - whereas most shows take time to develop and to get 4 paying shows you would have to go to four different states to get four good cities with your crowd and same pay
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I don't think he's getting blackballed...I just think he's not getting help any more from the big boys upstairs...
I mean, you can't diss one of the most powerful men in the industry (Jimmy) and think *$*% is cool...

And with that being said...the music isent there...and it hasn't been there for some time...

I keep on making the comparison to Master P and No Limit...

they both had a powerful street following...

They both built a brand name with multiple artist...

Both did movies and soundtracks and *$*%...

Both made more money than any other artist during their time...

Both probably cared more about the business aspect of *$*% rather than the music...

Both made a ton of money outside of rap...

and both couldn't adapt...

Both made tired rehashes of old hits and when that didn't work they just tried to hop on trends...

And now both are done...

Originally Posted by cartune

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I book shows here in SD, and agree on everything you said. HOWEVER, artists do get more to perform at Festivals and because Europe is so festival heavy artists make a killing over there in the summer...

Sid Lugar. How much $ do you wanna put on that 50 is NOT getting more money than Hov? I'll make calls and get the #s.

Dude came out at the right time. If "In Da Club" dropped today, there is no way in heck that it would be as big as it was in 03.

Its apparent some of y'all dont know about overseas shows. There a rappers who havent dropped an album in years, some since the 90's who can get 10k plus travel and board in Europe and Asia. Like Floss said depending on how many shows they can book in a weekend,  it can be a lucrative trip.   And for the most part these were underground rappers, so I can only imagine what someone like Fif commands in those same places. Or do y'all really think these dudes are catching 12hr flights just to break even?

The only rappers not traveling abroad are the ones who have NO demand over there and probably wouldn't make enough to make the trip worth it.

50 cent is still wack... i dont care how much money he made here or overseas... i just want him to leave music alone...

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Originally Posted by scorpio04

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

Originally Posted by superswag

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by superswag

i think kanye did to 50, during that whole graduation vs curtis thing, what 50 did to ja rule circa 2003
laugh.gif
Not even close. 50 JaRuled himself. He made people tired of him that whole thinghe had with Ross was the last straw he looked like a clown most of the time.
good point bout 50 self destructing. but the graduation/curtis faceoff imho have been the start of 50's downward spiral...

just my thoughts

roll.gif

50 and Kanye both sold, kanye just sold more. Curtis was just a more mainstream album, that's why he didn't sell more.

If he would of stayed true and used same formula as his other albums he would of definitely sold more than kanye... (my opinion)

50 is still the man though ya can't front. Dude has hits and $$$$$$$$$$$.

He'll come back trust and believe.

That doesn't make sense cause I woulda thought that would help him sell more albums. . .
Not really. He did songs with people like Nicole and it just came across bad. If BISD was released in 07 with I get money as the lead single, followed back Ayo Tech, things would have been better. But Im happy both artist could co exist and change the face of rap all together.

50 doesnt have many mainstream fans, his fans are in the hood or wherever else.

His fans didn't want a mainstream album, hence he didn't sell much.

this is what i think people dont understand......
In 03...50 was not selling just music, he was a brand/lifestyle...something bigger than music

everybody wanted to be gangsta & bought 50/g-unit merchandise in droves

gangsta went mainstream in 03; thus 50 was mainstream at that time

since gangsta isnt hot right now...50 isnt hot right now

at the end of the day though, 50 was smart, he capitalized on his brand, when people wanted to be like him

thats the difference between 50 & wayne/drake/ym, their brand is just not well developed

gangsta is over & 50 is smart enough to diversify

Originally Posted by Master Zik

If more ppl go to your concerts and shows overseas, you make more money. So if you sell out more overseas than in the states it's easy to see which is the better income after you convert it to USD.
simple economics FTW.

being a international star >>> being a domestic star.

what do you think veterans do in between albums...play xbox/ps3 all day in their houses?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

YES simple economics FTW BUTTTT
you forget, they dont ask for 10,000 euro they ask for 10,000 USD ... no matter how you slice it they get the rate they ask for... so 10,000usd is sent as 8120 EURO (half up front - the rest when contract is fulfilled)

Now as i said early travel and living expenses are more so that is written in contract to be covered, but other than that artist get their going rate...

ALSO unless you're an ALIST (Jay-Z, U2, Madonna etc) Festivals are played at a discount rate
Usually playing at these famous festivals you take a pay cut, which is why you dont see that many over the top lineups after the main 3 acts...

Fashawn manager told me they took a paycut to do sxsw this year and actually lost money of doing a regular tour showcase - because magazines, press, blogs figure you owe them and they are doing you a favor for the people you can market to... think about it fashawn does a regular show- he doesnt have nearly the chance of getting the same amount of people as SXSW does, so he takes his chances on a paycut and gaining new fans of his peers who make similar music

Back
Top Bottom