Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

I mean he doesn't say **%% that us ordinary people don't say. And you can't do nothing but 100% respect his honesty..

But he is in a business where burning your bridges is a death sentence..

He had a good last solo album, and has drop some good mixtapes in the past few years... He just burned his bridges with people who mattered and lost his hunger... If he had his hunger like in 03 it wouldn't matter what bridges he burned...

Sometimes this stuff happens to people his drive that got him to where he was, was the same thing that caused his downfall.

Just needs to find his "voice" again

Originally Posted by DaRealBigMeech

roll.gif
yall actin like this sum kinda stadium tour , im sure 50 is making WAY MORE per venue then a packed stadium tour that live nation payed for and advertised.

you sure about that? let's take Jay for example. dude is getting $300,000+ a show. 50? i'd say $60k...

Originally Posted by Essential1

I mean he doesn't say #*!! that us ordinary people don't say. And you can't do nothing but 100% respect his honesty..

But he is in a business where burning your bridges is a death sentence..

He had a good last solo album, and has drop some good mixtapes in the past few years... He just burned his bridges with people who mattered and lost his hunger... If he had his hunger like in 03 it wouldn't matter what bridges he burned...

Sometimes this stuff happens to people his drive that got him to where he was, was the same thing that caused his downfall.

Just needs to find his "voice" again

roll.gif
yall actin like this sum kinda stadium tour , im sure 50 is making WAY MORE per venue then a packed stadium tour that live nation payed for and advertised.

um. no. I promise Wayne and Jay made more per show with EASE
I swear yall just make up %!%@
laugh.gif

He did it to himself. Those reasons don't really contribute to the argument.

Jay and Puff have worked with Dre before Curtis was in the game. Curtis does not control Dre. Dre works with artists that'll make him money, plain and simple.

A lot of ya post made it look like this is Puff's doing or something when this is just the situation Curtis has put himself in. He isn't the popular hip hop gangster rapper he once was. Interscope aint promote his last album a lot cuz they knew it wasn't going to sell as much as his first albums sold. You promote albums according to what you predict sales will be. His deal about to be up after this and homey appears to be way more dedicated to acting than music anyway.

ON some real +%**, someone who is close to him needs to have a talk with dude, and tell him to get back on his grind. I would like to see 50 go off on everyone and stop all this nonsense that he fell off. Dude has it in him. He just needs a wake up call.

I think one of the things that hurt 50 was his emphasis on doing numbers and not on the actual music....

He should have been trying to make the best most creative he can make...

I think people, even just regular people, can see that he was just in it for the money, and feel like, like I do, that it was corny....

He deserves to be in the position he's in now.

Good Riddance.

if there's anyone who could make a great comeback album tho, it's 50.  Dude is smart and always finds a way to get himself back into the spotlight.  The subject matter does need to change tho, I wouldn't say sellout, but to me, his best songs are something like God Gave Me Style which is something I think everyone could relate to.  Even him singing on choruses back on his mixtapes(After My Cheddar) for example is something he should start doing again, dude was catchy and
laugh.gif
at the same time.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

roll.gif

you sure about that? let's take Jay for example. dude is getting $300,000+ a show. 50? i'd say $60k...
then you have zero clue about pay rates for tours. Guy is making WAY more per venue for his tours. Add to the fact Jay Z basically signed his career away to Live Nation for 150. 50 made 150 in one who year. You tell me who is a sell out and who isn't. Now add to something else you guys arent getting. 50 is slowly plotting moves at ALL times. Hes not gonna sell out and join what everyone else is doing(Jay's current music pure #@+* and you fools know). His best friend got a high level job at Def Jam. Hes plotting for Banks to go over there. You guys keep forgetting that Banks's single has gone almost gold INDEPENDENTLY. That means he does not owe the higher ups ANY major amount of money so dude is getting straight profit off it.

50 has so much money, his website is promotion enough. He will soon be independent and start taking all his money for himself. You guys don't know that actually being Independent can be great. Boosie made over 2 mill with NO MAJOR DEAL.

I have no fear in what 50 does because at the end of the day, we are all looking for what he does next. Add to the fact he remains in conversation for being one of the BIGGEST rappers of all time. If there was no 50 in 03, the south would have never rose to the level it is at now.

^^^

I agree with everything you said, except his tour is pathetic. Kid Cudi sells out bigger venues now. No one gives a %%** about 50 to go see him live. His live show is pathetic and his recent output of music is pathetic as well. He is cancelling shows because he can't even sell 3K person Music Farms. He is not getting anywhere near what Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, or Kanye get. I agree with the person that 60-80K is about right. not the 200-500K that Jay, Ye, Weezy get... 50 is done. Sucks for him to face it, but he must.

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

roll.gif

then you have zero clue about pay rates for tours. Guy is making WAY more per venue for his tours. Add to the fact Jay Z basically signed his career away to Live Nation for 150. 50 made 150 in one who year. You tell me who is a sell out and who isn't. Now add to something else you guys arent getting. 50 is slowly plotting moves at ALL times. Hes not gonna sell out and join what everyone else is doing(Jay's current music pure #@+* and you fools know). His best friend got a high level job at Def Jam. Hes plotting for Banks to go over there. You guys keep forgetting that Banks's single has gone almost gold INDEPENDENTLY. That means he does not owe the higher ups ANY major amount of money so dude is getting straight profit off it.

50 has so much money, his website is promotion enough. He will soon be independent and start taking all his money for himself. You guys don't know that actually being Independent can be great. Boosie made over 2 mill with NO MAJOR DEAL.

I have no fear in what 50 does because at the end of the day, we are all looking for what he does next. Add to the fact he remains in conversation for being one of the BIGGEST rappers of all time. If there was no 50 in 03, the south would have never rose to the level it is at now.
Why are you worrying about another man in the first place?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

roll.gif

Why are you worrying about another man in the first place?

Thats in terms of his career. And as a fan of his music, it makes no diff to me as long as the music is good. I see what you tried to do there, but you fail. The rainbox card jokes don't work son.

His focus shifted, he is doing the movie thing right now not to mention other venues he is doing that we don't know about. He probably fell back from music for a little, I mean he is in the position to do it, 50 is rich.

his whole tour is like that though

the show in my state of CT he is goin to the oakdale theatre........smaller venue.......not like the XL center we have

he has fallen off very hard but he is still rich as hell. no clue what kinda money he gettin for his tour, who knows.

anytime you mention 50 in a rap conversation now the whole room goes silent. dude doesn't have the same swagger he once had, he needs to start jumping in songs like diddy has been doing. he really is kinda being blackballed in a way, but that's cause the dudes that are hot now were basically nothing when he was at his peak so he feels like he's too far above them. he just needs to start making friends because he has ZERO co-signers right now. that and he needs to start smoking bud cause that's basically what brings the whole rap industry together

Lotta 50 hate on NT....wow.........all I know is 50 isnt just a rapper anymore, you cant expect him to be on the radio every 5 minutes, 50 can always come back with a hit because unlike most of your favorite artists, the man can put a SONG together....... Im afraid to see the anti-Drake posts when he gets stale...you people are fickle as hell...

Back
Top Bottom