Is 50 the only REAL International Rap Star?

the videos they had posted on thisis50.com were craaaaaaaaaaazy at how the crowds in africa were and how peopel were just camping out at their hotel to seethem

Jay has never really had a number #1 hit on billboard charts
nerd.gif

"Hard Knock Life"?

They only buy his album oversees because they think we still like him. They buy whatever they think is popping over here.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

If I recall fans of Glastonbury weren't too pleased to have Jay-Z.
That was the response from SOME of the more traditional fans... but come show time, Jay looked like he owned that place.

Far cry from 50 getting showered with bottles at Reading in '04.

I'm not saying that makes Jay the bigger international superstar, just thought that would be an interesting counterpoint.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Jay has never really had a number #1 hit on billboard charts
nerd.gif

"Hard Knock Life"?

How long ago was that?

close but no cigar

[table][tr][td]U.S. Billboard Hot 100[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]U.S. Billboard Hot Rap Singles[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UK Singles Chart[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]

50 isnt the only real one but he is the biggest international rapper. game is pretty big outside the states too

This post just proves that 50 is the new version of Michael Jackson, he gets loves from overseas but people in the US hardly care about him.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

Why must you guys always try to school someone, you always have to feel like you're one up over everyone else. It's this same reason why you "aspiring rappers/producers" are posting you're music here for the past 5 years. You needs to chill.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm pretty sure in the rest of the world 50 cent is still the hottest rapper to this day.
i'm pretty sure you're wrong. eminem is huge and will forever be bigger than 50. have you been to any countries?

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm pretty sure in the rest of the world 50 cent is still the hottest rapper to this day.
i'm pretty sure you're wrong. eminem is huge and will forever be bigger than 50. have you been to any countries?

I know Eminem is huge, never said he wasn't, but Em is not bigger than 50. This is a popularity contest not the most lyrically talented. You have argublythe most talented soccer star in the world in your avatar, but he's not the most popular, that title goes to David Beckham.
Here's google's statistics from late 2007, right after the Kanye West vs. 50 cent battle. Not much has changed since.

LINK

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Dudes saying em > 50 in worldwide popularity ?

laugh.gif
No.
Why no? Why don't you provide me with some evidence before you
laugh.gif
? While you're laughing your dumb butt off, here's some numbers.

http://www.usatoday.com/l...2-eminem-vs-50-cent_x.htm

I did some more research.

Slim Shady LP - 9 Million Worldwide. (4 outside US)
Marshall Mathers - 19 Million Worldwide. (9 outside US)
Eminem Show - 19 Million Worldwide. (10 outside US)
Encore - 11 Million Worldwide. (6 outside US)
= 59 Million worldwide. (29 Outside US)

GRODT - 12 Million Worldwide. (4 outside US)
Massacre - 10 Million Worldwide. (5 outside US)
Curtis - 5 Million Worldwide. (3.7 outside US)
= 27 Million worldwide. (12.7 outside US)

Now if I did that right, 59 Worldwide >> 27 Worldwide or
if you still don't get it since you're laughing so hard, 29 OUTSIDE of US >> 12.7 OUTSIDE of US.

If 50 was more popular, wouldn't he have sold more records? and even you believe times are different, encore came out in 2004, GRODT came out in 2003.Encore still sold more units outside of US.

Hey MidEastBeast,
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Yes Eminem has sold more records worldwide. But also keep in mind that he has released more albums. 50's popularity not only stems from his album sales,but also his movies, video games, clothes, shoes, vitamin water, and other ventures. Also if we're talking album sales you should also count theG-Unit's albums, and The Game's Documentary, because we all know 50 attributed to it's success.

^ sure 50 attributed to g-unit's albums and the game's success. Then wouldn't 50's success in the first place stem from eminem? and as i said,he has released more albums, but if you take one album in a similar time frame, 03/04 with grodt and encore. Encore sold more worldwide anyways. In my opinion,Eminem will always be more popular. Recently I was in Beijing, and I visited some people from the University and many knew every word to Eminem's songs.I've also had the same experience in Europe and Australia. But to each his own.

I just hate people like the person above my og post who come in with an opinion and laugh at facts that they did not know.
smh.gif

No one said em didn't sell more albums than 50 worldwide, doesn't mean he is necessarily more popular.

50, G-unit and everything else he's done > Em and his few albums.

Not to mention is was a lot easer for Em to distinguish himself and thus sell more worldwide, he is after all the first and sometimes only person they think ofwhen they hear "white rapper".

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

^ sure 50 attributed to g-unit's albums and the game's success. Then wouldn't 50's success in the first place stem from eminem? and as i said, he has released more albums, but if you take one album in a similar time frame, 03/04 with grodt and encore. Encore sold more worldwide anyways. In my opinion, Eminem will always be more popular. Recently I was in Beijing, and I visited some people from the University and many knew every word to Eminem's songs. I've also had the same experience in Europe and Australia. But to each his own.

I just hate people like the person above my og post who come in with an opinion and laugh at facts that they did not know.
smh.gif
In the same article you posted it shows that 50 cent's singles were download more heavily, and his singles got more Radio spins. And he edgesout Em by significant numbers. And sure 50 wouldn't have the opportunity to blow up like he did if it weren't for Em. The same could be said for Jay-Zand Kanye or Akon and T-Pain. But Kanye and T-Pain are obviously more popular. But what I'm getting at is 50 played an integral part in The Game'sactual songs, Hate it or Love it and How We Do are hot mainly because of the chorus and 50 did write and appear on those. So his appearance in those songscontribute to his popularity. At one point 50 had 4 or 5 of the top 10 singles on the Billboard, I don't think Eminem or even T-Pain has accomplishedthat.

^ yes, but that article is talking about the US. not worldwide or international. international is what we're talking about, which is why i listed how manyrecords each sold outside of US. i understand you can't measure popularity by records sold, but what else can you measure it by?

to mideastbeast - so you mean em is more popular because he's white? anyways, how's what 50 and g-unit > em and his "few"albums.........whatever man.

i'm done. "I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted"

Back
Top Bottom